G33K [email protected] All your geek questions are belong to us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Cool this shit is ridiculous....

right now I'm in the boat of only having a few HD channels, but right now the Yankees game is on in 1080i (I have a 1080p), it's like the players are right there in my living room....it's amazing

I can't wait for HD to become widely available so all channels come with it. I know R1Lover posted another way to get more channels in HD, I'll search for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 05:57 PM
we meat again

HD... R1Lover... Harley Davidson?

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 06:46 PM
No Crying Allowed

@ Vale

Phil, Directv has the best options right now.... over 100
HD channels by the end of the month.

and yes true HD is amazing.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 07:00 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
I want all the races in HD!

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 12:03 PM
meat popsicle

my TV is only 1080i
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 12:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Tanman
Who is your provider? I have DirecTV and they are adding several HD channels by the end of the year. I know Speed channel is one of the HD channels comming soon.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 01:15 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
Who is your provider? I have DirecTV and they are adding several HD channels by the end of the year. I know Speed channel is one of the HD channels comming soon.
That's even better... I had no idea speed was going HD too... Sweet

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daotan View Post
my TV is only 1080i
Ha! Loser!

Just call me Captain Crash...

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 04:14 PM
No Crying Allowed

Most people can't tell the difference between 1080i and 1080P
Some good info. LINK

This article is almost 2 years old, but not a lot has changed yet.

Quote:
3. What content is available in 1080p?
Really, nothing at this point. Today's high-def broadcasts are done in either 1080i or 720p, and there's little or no chance they'll jump to 1080p any time soon because of bandwidth issues. Meanwhile, some newly announced DVD players from Denon and NeuNeo (who?) are claiming to upconvert standard DVD movies to 1080p resolution, but that's a far cry from native high-def content. More promising is the post-DVD future. There's been a lot of chatter over whether the new breed of high-def movie players, Blu-ray or HD-DVD, as well as the upcoming Sony PlayStation 3, will output in 1080p. Allegedly, they will, but those players and recorders will be very expensive at first (more than $1,000), and they probably won't hit more modest price levels until 2007 or even 2008. The PS3, on the other hand, is designed to be more of a mainstream product; we hope that means a price tag in the neighborhood of $500. It's unclear, however, exactly what it will output in 1080p--games, Blu-ray movies, or both--or neither.

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 04:33 PM

My sat provider only broadcasts in 1080i I have a 1080p TV.
Are there Sat providers that broad cast in 1080p??
I only get 10 channels or so and they say they are more soon.
Prob the end of the year.
Dam Canadian CRTC for limiting me
I have a hard time watching reg TV now and it is tough not saying anything when i watch other peoples TV's. even new ones.
mmm Bit'n my lip. "Lets go back to my place...":r1budha

Cheers

S.Myers
85 & 88 GSXR 750
02 GSXR 1000

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 04:41 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRmyers View Post
My sat provider only broadcasts in 1080i I have a 1080p TV.
Are there Sat providers that broad cast in 1080p??
I only get 10 channels or so and they say they are more soon.
Prob the end of the year.
Dam Canadian CRTC for limiting me
I have a hard time watching reg TV now and it is tough not saying anything when i watch other peoples TV's. even new ones.
mmm Bit'n my lip. "Lets go back to my place...":r1budha
There are no broadcast in 1080P that I know of yet.

As for watching TV at a friends house... I'm the same way... once you go HD it's hard to go back, it would be like using dial up again

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 04:50 PM
meat popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeR1 View Post
Ha! Loser!
ballin on a budget!
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
so i post up asking about hd as i'm interested and now all you assholes (phil *cough*) have to go bragging about it, i see how it is.

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

It's like your right there! Cmon moneybags *cough*(Corey) pony up and just buy one!

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 07:39 PM

do you guys get RushHD or Oasis.
They have some really good concerts from time to time??

Cheers

S.Myers
85 & 88 GSXR 750
02 GSXR 1000

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
you buy the bikes paintjob phil and i'll buy an hdtv

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 12:44 AM
jimmy crack corn

I bought a a big hd tv with all the coolest stuff and although I dont regret it ,its great, but the hd channels that were available kinda sucked. like I want to see the nose hairs of some dude on the home shopping network.
one hd channel that was cool showed people exploring some jungle or flying through it by plane the colors were so bright it was amazing , but after a while I got bored with it and just wanted to go back to speed and cnn.
honestly the tv I have now is way better than one of those big screen tv's everyone was buying a few years back . even the non hd shows blow people away when they come over to see it.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Gang Green

there is no image quality difference between 1080i and 1080p for all intents and purposes.
Both show an image that is 1080 lines of vertical resolution.
1080p shows the whole image every frame.
1080i shows half one frame, the other half the next frame.
at 60 frames per second, you don't really notice that at all, unless it's a very high motion scene.

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:10 PM
meat popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
there is no image quality difference between 1080i and 1080p for all intents and purposes.
Both show an image that is 1080 lines of vertical resolution.
1080p shows the whole image every frame.
1080i shows half one frame, the other half the next frame.
at 60 frames per second, you don't really notice that at all, unless it's a very high motion scene.
yeah man!
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 05:38 AM
Advanced Member

Drag racing in HD is awesome... My only disappointment is that John Force is older than I thought. :

I can't wait until we get WSB or MotoGP in Hi Def. That will be sweet!

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot, anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Last edited by BumbleBee; 10-12-2007 at 05:40 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode