G33K [email protected] All your geek questions are belong to us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
Future Lottery Winner

Send a message via MSN to Belgium
Blu-ray - HD-DVD

As some of you know I'm completely redesigning my home entertainment center for the new house

I already had the Panasonic Blu-Ray player, but since we're in this 2-format war I was missing out on HD-DVD content.

I found a frugal solution in San Diego

I bought an external USB2.0 HD-DVD player (HP HD-100) for 190$. Installed Slysoft (http://www.slysoft.com) AnyDVDHD and CloneDVD on my main PC, and am now able to play HD-DVD's on the PC (bought the Matrix trilogy to test )

Now that's not good enough, so I have the possibility to rip the HD-DVD movie to my hard disk, and then transfer it to my Mac Mini Media Center through Gigabit Ethernet (the whole house is wired for Cat5). Switch is an Cisco catalyst 2960G-24TC-L I...errr..."found" I have four 500GB external drives hooked up to the Mac Mini, and it is connected to the 50" Panasonic Full HD plasma through a DVI-HDMI connector.

All HDMI cables are Monster Cable series.

Now I have a library of HD movies I can access through my FrontRow interface.

Coolness....

The Mac Mini is actually a very good home entertainment PC...

So now I can get any movie that comes out in HD !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Belgium; 10-21-2007 at 07:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 08:03 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
All I have to say isit

I can only dream of a set-up like that.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 01:00 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
holy shit... it's the house of the future..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 01:01 PM
we meat again

So this is where the Cisco tax money went?

:

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 01:45 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
So this is where the Cisco tax money went?

:
LMAO :pwnd

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 01:48 PM
No Crying Allowed

Very nice setup Alex....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 02:30 PM

that's a crazy setup

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Gang Green

Cool setup.
FYI, anyone can also buy the Xbox360 HD-DVD addon, it's under $200, and use it on your WinXP/Vista machine as a hddvd player.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Not that I'd have the money for all that anyways, but even if I did I'd still be hesitant in setting all that up. With the shit that comes out every year...someone's gotta be working on an all inclusive system.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 04:03 PM
we meat again

Why have 2 players when you can have just one?

http://us.lge.com/superblu/

http://us.lge.com/products/model/det...o__BH100.jhtml

http://us.lge.com/products/model/det...GW-H10NI.jhtml

:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img3.jpg (42.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg GGW_H10N_Black_l_l.jpg (17.4 KB, 3 views)

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 04:55 PM
No Crying Allowed

Damn, that pc one can burn 50gb on a dual layer dvd.... wholey fuckshit as corey would say... That's going to be sweet when it gets to the mainstream.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
Damn, that pc one can burn 50gb on a dual layer dvd.... wholey fuckshit as corey would say... That's going to be sweet when it gets to the mainstream.
No, the PC one can burn 50GB to a two layered bluray disk.
DVD is still 4.7gb.
HD-DVD is 35GB or so, but there are not any hd-dvd burners out yet I don't think.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 06:45 AM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
No, the PC one can burn 50GB to a two layered bluray disk.
DVD is still 4.7gb.
HD-DVD is 35GB or so, but there are not any hd-dvd burners out yet I don't think.
Well it looks like it does according to the link?

Quote:
Model : GGW-H10NI
Super Multi Blue Blu-ray/HD DVD Reader

Introducing the GGW-H10NI, nextgeneration optical disc format Super Multi Blue Drive. The Blue-ray disc format offers more than five times the storage capacity of traditional DVDs and can hold up to 25GB on a single-layer disc and 50GB on a dual-layer disc. Not only can you record, rewrite and playback the BD format, you can also read and play HD DVDs. Burn Fast, Burn Right with the LG GGW-H10NI.
MSRP : $999.99
and yes I was referring to the blu ray. There are actually a bunch of them out for as cheap as 400 bucks for blu ray only burners.

|
|
|
|
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 06:49 AM

Very nice!!!

Oh and you suck and I hate you!~ lol

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 07:02 AM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
Well it looks like it does according to the link?

and yes I was referring to the blu ray. There are actually a bunch of them out for as cheap as 400 bucks for blu ray only burners.
No, it says it can burn 50gb to a bluray, it doesn't say anything about burning 50gb to a dvd.
It says the bluray disk format offers more then 5 times the standard DVD, and it can hold 25gb on a single layer bluray disc, and 50gb on a two layer disk.

The dvd structure just does not support it.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 08:00 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to blackjack
Think I'll just go buy the external 360 drive

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 09:02 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
Think I'll just go buy the external 360 drive
:imwst

$169.99 is better than most
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16874103051

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode