G33K [email protected] All your geek questions are belong to us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
HillBilly

Send a message via AIM to KWComp Send a message via Yahoo to KWComp
FireFox Speed Up ???

Dont remember where I got this from, just wondering if its valid advice or if it has pitfalls.

1. Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit return. Scroll down and look for the following entries:

network.http.pipelining
network.http.proxy.pipelining
network.http.pipelining.maxrequests

Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really speeds up page loading.

2. Alter the entries as follows:

Set "network.http.pipelining" to "true"

Set "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"

Set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.

3. Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set its value to "0". This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 12:18 PM
my mom says i'm cool

Send a message via AIM to Cheez5000
Ive done this to my Firefox and it did seem to speed it up. After a while though it seems to go back to normal, or I've just gotten used to it's speed. Nothing bad has happened to my computer so I figured it couldn't hurt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

shiny side up, rubber side down
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 01:24 PM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
Yea.. I do this and it does snap around a bit quicker...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 01:50 PM
No Crying Allowed

30 requests to this server at once will get you booted...

I can't see this as a good thing at all... btw- if you are experiencing any slowdowns with ff it's your pc or connection... My browsing is instant at home and at work I wait on the line a little... but it's still very fast with a 1.5 download speed.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
HillBilly

Send a message via AIM to KWComp Send a message via Yahoo to KWComp
Not having any issues with speed, I just wanted to go faster and yeah, I was wondering what server owners would think about that 30 requests thing, that was one of the pitfalls I was worried about.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 02:01 PM
No Crying Allowed

lol, ya I'm not sure how many requests is actually makes at once though... if it did make 30 at once and three were a few people doing this I could see it causing a few issues for the server for sure.

For example Apache start's up 15 servers and trys to keep at least 10 spare servers at all times, but a request of 30 would probably not speed anything up, rather then get delayed on the server end.

This is a guess though.

Even though a server or site may have 100 users online within a 15 minute period the actual number of requests at the same time is very low.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 02:03 PM
my mom says i'm cool

Send a message via AIM to Cheez5000
well, i'm glad i haven't been booted yet then

shiny side up, rubber side down
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 02:09 PM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
30 requests to this server at once will get you booted...

I can't see this as a good thing at all... btw- if you are experiencing any slowdowns with ff it's your pc or connection... My browsing is instant at home and at work I wait on the line a little... but it's still very fast with a 1.5 download speed.
mine makes 20 requests at a time :O
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 08:21 PM
FAsT BOYS

when you do the speed test thing if you have a slow speed is it comp or the dsl
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 09:08 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
when you do the speed test thing if you have a slow speed is it comp or the dsl
The speed test's are measuring the internet speed, not the pc speed.

|
|
|
|
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 10:33 PM
FAsT BOYS

thanks mine sucks
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 04:00 AM
Gang Green

if you want more speed, switch to Opera

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode