G33K [email protected] All your geek questions are belong to us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Saving a little money - Internet connection

Well I have had Cable internet for a few years, when it first came out in this area it was about 1200 download and 300 upload. Over the years it has been getting faster and faster, it now has a speed of about 8500 down and about 700 up. This all comes as a great thing, but the other day I was looking at other options and have decided that I need to make some changes.

Currently I'm paying about 67 bucks a month for the cable internet and about 65 a month for our phone line at the house (which we never use) with all the bells and whistles, caller ID, Three way calling, privacy manager, etc... as we never use the house phone much I was thinking about shutting it off, but I kept telling myself that I shouldn't do that just in case of emergencies.

Long story short I called AT&T and managed this deal.

New DSL line- 3000 Down 500 Up (approx) and the phone line at the house too with unlimited local calling and 120 minutes of long distance a month all for $44.95 a month... To top this off they gave me the free dsl wireless router along with a Check in the mail for $50 bucks. So all in all after paying the 12.00 bucks shipping, they are paying me 38.00 to get there service.

I took my monthly bill for these two services from 132.00 to 44.95 a month.

I just wanted to post up in case anyone else is also paying the higher cable and phone cost as well.... I now setup an automatic payment from my checking for this savings to go directly into my daughters savings account... she will thank me later..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

p.s. PG&E is next.... tomorrow I'm installing about 30 bundles of insulation in the attic. I'm trying to be a tightass and see how much money I can save on all this day to day crap that we all take for granted.

Then tonight my neighbor comes driving up in a new Toyota Pruis.... I actually like the damn thing. Much more then I would have expected. Losts of room, dvd, navagation, blue tooth, etc and 52 mpg to boot. I'm trying to convince the wife to get one and sell her 12 MPG Tahoe.... (she told me no fooking way)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 09:35 PM

They didn't offer you a chick or 1/3 of Bill Gates' money?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Nope... I wish...

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
p.s. PG&E is next.... tomorrow I'm installing about 30 bundles of insulation in the attic.

Do like I do and not use the heater! Haven't turned it on in over 20 years :r1budha
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

That's hard to do with a 2 year old in the house.... and I get cold too lol

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
If you start talking about recycling toilet paper I'm outta here! lmao

I've actually had Comcast's triple play for a while now...cable/phone/internet all for $99 a month. Dont think thats too bad. Although their customer service sucks. They've been overcharging me for 6 months and the wife never caught it. I finally did and now this month and most of next month is already paid for.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 10:31 AM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
I could have sworn I posted here..Damn hard to keep track of so many boards..

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 10:50 AM
doomsday machine

Here's how I do it.

Work for the ISP and get DSL for free as fast as it'll go at your house. :
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
I save money by letting my company pay for it.

It is a good deal

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagzomatic View Post
Here's how I do it.

Work for the ISP and get DSL for free as fast as it'll go at your house. :
I do that with my cell phone and gardener though... lol just have no connections with the internet.

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Gang Green

Good savings.
My cable internet is about $45 a month, 10meg down, 1.5 up or so. Phone is VOIP service, $20 a month loaded with features.
Not as good as your getting, but I love my 10 meg service for downloading :

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
Good savings.
My cable internet is about $45 a month, 10meg down, 1.5 up or so. Phone is VOIP service, $20 a month loaded with features.
Not as good as your getting, but I love my 10 meg service for downloading :
Ya I'll miss the download speed but I can manage with 3000 or so I guess. I just got spoiled with the cable in the last year or so. The rumor is they are running fiber here in town in the next year or two so that will bring higher speeds with dsl.

|
|
|
|
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Ltony View Post
I could have sworn I posted here..Damn hard to keep track of so many boards..
LOL, i coulda swore i posted last night but couldn't find it anywhere in here, now i look and it's here! Too much alcohol maybe?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMPILOT View Post
LOL, i coulda swore i posted last night but couldn't find it anywhere in here, now i look and it's here! Too much alcohol maybe?
you can never have too much alcohol :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode