G33K [email protected] All your geek questions are belong to us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Tablet PC

Anyone have a tablet pc? I'm looking at getting one for the more mobile aspect of it. I have been looking at Asus as the doctors at my wifes office all have them and love them.

It would be much nicer to keep with me rather then a larger laptop computer.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 09:18 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I have a friend who got one... He never uses the tablet feature on it.. It's handy for certain people but for others I think it's just a cool little gadget you will stop using after a couple months..

I'd just go with a smaller laptop like the Dell M1330 or something

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
https://www.sportbikeforum.net/showthread.php?t=25950

HP 12.1 Laptop it weighs 4.86# it's a great computer I use it all the time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...ly/macbook_air

Not that I'm an apple fan....but 3/4 of an inch thick and 3 lbs...damn that would be nice.

Never had or used a tablet though. Would be nice to have the portabilty of it.

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Resident Redneck

^ I think you are an Apple fan, you keep going back to that store, and saying
Quote:
I'm not an apple fan, but.......

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
^ I think you are an Apple fan, you keep going back to that store, and saying

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...ly/macbook_air

Not that I'm an apple fan....but 3/4 of an inch thick and 3 lbs...damn that would be nice.

Never had or used a tablet though. Would be nice to have the portabilty of it.
I want to be able to fold the display around and use it with the stylus, so that one is out and ya it's an apple too... yuk... lol

Biga yours is not intel, and I'm an intel fan... lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
Biga yours is not intel, and I'm an intel fan... lol

In that case

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Well to be honest I'm not against an amd... as long as it works well...

I just have no clue how they rate or call out there processors... and what's what lol

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 12:39 PM
HillBilly

Send a message via AIM to KWComp Send a message via Yahoo to KWComp
We have one here at the office, but it is a pure tablet PC with no keyboard at all, basically an oversized PDA. The functionality of it leaves me cold.

I did notice that Dell has a new Tablet PC similar to what you are describing though with the foldback display. http://www.dell.com/tablet?s=bsd&cs=04

IMHO, I think you would be further ahead to spend the cash on a small scale Laptop like the XPSM1330 or something similar. More powerfull and your not paying the extra cash for the touch screen BS.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Yes I saw that one, while nice - it's not worth the gold they think it is....

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 01:13 PM
HillBilly

Damn, never looked at the price of them. They are asking a mint :o
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

I stopped clicking at 4k

|
|
|
|
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 01:19 PM
HillBilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
I stopped clicking at 4k

Good Plan. You'll stay married longer that way.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
The answer? Simple: 42

R1Lover, I have an IBM Thinkpad X60 tablet that's my primary system now. It's really not that bad of a system. They are expensive though, but the performance isn't all that great compared to high end models.

I thought I'd use the tablet part of it more often than I do so it's a bit of wasted money. Next time, I'm buying the regular ultraportable model.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 07:22 PM
we meat again

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWComp View Post
Good Plan. You'll stay married longer that way.

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Good to know fjorn... I may end up doing the same.

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 04:09 AM
HillBilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post
R1Lover, I have an IBM Thinkpad X60 tablet that's my primary system now. It's really not that bad of a system. They are expensive though, but the performance isn't all that great compared to high end models.

I thought I'd use the tablet part of it more often than I do so it's a bit of wasted money. Next time, I'm buying the regular ultraportable model.
:imwst pretty much what I was saying above...the tablet concept seems like a really cool idea till you go to use it and realize its easier just to flip it open and go.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 06:13 PM
The answer? Simple: 42

Yeah, I find it's actually quicker to either type the notes out in a text editor, or to write them on paper and then transcribe to electronic if need be.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 10:54 PM
meat popsicle

our standard issue laptops at work are tablet, i only know 1 person out of 150 that actually uses the tablet features

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode