G33K [email protected] All your geek questions are belong to us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

iPhone 2.0 update for existing users

Apple is releasing the new iPhone 2.0 on July 11th, those of us with existing iPhones will also recieve the new features via an update to the software. So don't think you need to run out and buy the new model becuase the only thing you will pick up is the 3G internet "If it's available in yoru area"

Here are some new features.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/

With the iPhone 2.0 Software Update, your iPhone will do even more. Extend its capabilities with innovative applications you download directly from the new App Store. Get push email, calendar, and contacts from your Microsoft Exchange server at work. And use great new features in Mail, Contacts, and other applications. Free in the next update.

iPhone in Enterprise

iPhone applications are unlike anything you’ve ever seen on a mobile phone. That’s because they leverage all the groundbreaking technologies in iPhone — like the accelerometer, Multi-Touch, 3D positional sound, and GPS. And they’re only a tap away at the App Store.

With support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, iPhone 3G delivers push email, calendar, and contacts. And it uses enterprise-grade networking with Cisco IPSec VPN and WPA2 Enterprise support. So now the most revolutionary mobile device ever is also the ideal phone for business.

MobileMe Support

With a MobileMe subscription, all your information stays up to date everywhere. Get push email, calendar, and contacts on your iPhone and any computer. Changes you make on one device are pushed to the MobileMe “cloud,” then back to every device you use. Automatically.

Better Email Management

Now it’s even easier to keep your inbox organized. The latest iPhone update adds support for mass email move and delete. So you can delete many messages at once and organize groups of messages by moving them into different mail folders.

Contacts Search

Have a lot of names in your address book? Type a name into the new Contacts search field and iPhone shows you matching names. If you use iPhone with Microsoft Exchange, you can even look up contacts in your company’s Global Address List (GAL).

Email Attachment Support

iPhone — which already reads more than a dozen file formats — now displays iWork and Microsoft PowerPoint files. Open them in email and view them on your iPhone.

Scientific Calculator

The iPhone 2.0 Software Update adds new features to the calculator. Rotate iPhone for a sophisticated scientific calculator with functions for solving complex scientific and mathematic problems

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Its got a SCIENTIFIC CALCULATOR now?!?! I'm running right out to get one now....lol

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

you better fooker

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 05:27 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Lol... Really the only thing IMO the iphone has over the Blackberry is the screen size. I know I know, you're gonna say the touchscreen too, but there's a touch-screen BB in the works lol. I have heard Safari is the shit, but I have no complaints with the one built in here.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Ya I'm sure there good phones.... the only thing I hated was typing on it with two keys on the same button

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
Ya I'm sure there good phones.... the only thing I hated was typing on it with two keys on the same button
Agreed. My brother has a Pearl which is set up that way. I hated it. Most of them are 1 letter per key.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 10:37 AM
meat popsicle

What are the odds of getting one of these new iPhones on Fri? My sis-in-law wants one and will pif her Curve to the wifey if she can get a hold of one. Will it be a standing in line thing again?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

I'm sure it will be fine.. most people that wanted the iphone already have it.

The issue with the new one is the data plan is now 30 a month rather then 20 a month for the older iphone.. it's bs imo. My data plan is only 20 bucks... but if I upgrade it's 30 a month.

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 11:28 AM
meat popsicle

so what are the differences (if any) between the old and new ones? I am out of the loop on this stuff. I also heard the new one will be cheaper? $200?

edit: 3G
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

ya just the 3G..... and that only works in supported areas... which I'm not in so it's useless for me really.

|
|
|
|
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

and yes it's only 200.00... sweet deal but they will pick it up on the rates I guess

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Yeah, I'm actually deciding between that Iphone and the Blackjack right now. I'm leaning towards the new Iphone. My cellphone I have now is about 4+ years old lol. I was the first in the state to have to it when it came out, I think it's time to upgrade.

What are yalls' pro's and cons of the iphone?

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

One con is it's easy to drop if you don't have a nice case. when you do the glass will most likely break, although the new ones are plastic rather then glass I hear.

The pro's

It's cool
It's super easy to text people
The camera works great
Surfing the web is a breeze
and a bunch more... I love mine.

|
|
|
|
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 02:09 AM
BANNED

“The 2.0 update is especially important to us because it makes Proloquo4Text even more accessible and helps users with motor challenges to communicate easier and faster than before. isd number tracker By adding support for Arabic, Russian and Greek we are also expanding our geographical reach to offer individuals with communication impairments from those regions the opportunity to communicate in their mother tongue.”

Pricing and Availability:

Proloquo4Text 2.0 is $119.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category and includes over 100 free Text to Speech voices in 18 languages. Version 2.0 is a free update for existing users.
visit: http://mobilenumbertrackr.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode