G33K [email protected] All your geek questions are belong to us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Blackberry's, Smart Phones, and more

Obviously I'm biased.... ...... but one pro/con I've heard most often is people love checking their email on the iPhone...but HATE sending email from it due to the lack of a physical keyboard.

And although I've never used one myself, just from talking to people and reading reviews, the safari browser sounds like its alot nicer to browse the web than other mobile devices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 05:05 PM
No Crying Allowed

Well it's pretty much just like a computer browser and everything is touch... so tap teh button or link you want and your there. It is pretty nice. The keyboard is ok once you get used to it, but for people that text while doing other things it's not so good. lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
Well it's pretty much just like a computer browser and everything is touch... so tap teh button or link you want and your there. It is pretty nice. The keyboard is ok once you get used to it, but for people that text while doing other things it's not so good. lol
I've actually been using the mini version of Opera on the Blackberry ...much better than the native browser. But still no comparison to the iPhone's safari browse lol But that could change once Blackberry releases their upcoming touch screen, Thunder .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Damnit. Now I have to decide between the Iphone3G, The Thunder, or the Instinct.

And details on the release of the Thunder; I would rather wait for that, as I am not fond of many apple products.

post #5 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 06:57 PM
No Crying Allowed

I'm not an apple fan either... but I do like the iphone

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo5 View Post
Damnit. Now I have to decide between the Iphone3G, The Thunder, or the Instinct.

And details on the release of the Thunder; I would rather wait for that, as I am not fond of many apple products.
Here's some more pics of it. There's a ton of articles out there on it, but most is speculation. There is a thread on Crackberry right now that's saying there's talk of a late August release for Verizon on the Thunder....but take that with a grain of salt. - http://crackberry.com/

The touchscreen forum list----> http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/

post #7 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Future King of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post
Here's some more pics of it. There's a ton of articles out there on it, but most is speculation. There is a thread on Crackberry right now that's saying there's talk of a late August release for Verizon on the Thunder....but take that with a grain of salt. - http://crackberry.com/

The touchscreen forum list----> http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/
Thanks for the link.

Why can't fucking AT&T pick up those phones.

I would love to get that Thunder or Instinct.

The only option I have for a touchscreen is the Iphone.

post #8 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Same reason Verizon can't get the iPhone....stupid exclusivity contracts.

post #9 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Future King of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post
Same reason Verizon can't get the iPhone....stupid exclusivity contracts.
Yeah. gayness.

post #10 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Future King of the World

Any of yall picking it up tommorrow?

I think I may be waiting for the Blackberry Thunder.

post #11 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 04:47 PM
No Crying Allowed

naaaaaaaaaaa nothing new from the old one for me. I don't live in a 3g zone so no need.

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

nope....I'm still officially i-free lol

post #13 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 08:58 AM
jimmy crack corn

for existing users

dont install the update until tomorrow . at the end of the install it required a verification from itunes and they are flooded now it will lock up the phone.

David
post #14 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 10:24 AM
No Crying Allowed

thx good too know

|
|
|
|
post #15 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Send a message via AIM to 2000750
I've updated and am good to go!
post #16 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Just came across a few references to this stuff online. Couple people on the blackberry forum using this say that its great stuff for mobile devices. (They claim its used on military aircraft and such) I believe it can be used with touch screens too. I have something similar for just the screen on mine but would be nice to have the whole thing done. Beats having a bulky case.

http://www.ghost-armor.com/

install vid: http://www.metacafe.com/tags/ghostarmor/

post #17 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 09:35 PM
No Crying Allowed

hm sounds good but do you really think it's anything more then plastic?

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

No I'm sure its just a thick plastic film. But it may be enough to keep your phone from getting scratched up though. Think of it as a Tear-Off for you mobile device,,,

post #19 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:18 PM
No Crying Allowed

there ya go....

|
|
|
|
post #20 of 623 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 12:16 AM

The Instinct is supposed to be cool, but the browser/browsing is really lame.

I had a 1.0 iPhone, hacked, unlocked, etc... great phone.

2.0 apparently has shit for battery life. GPS is supposed to be really cool, and the App store thing is really what will set it apart. Open source but not open source.

I might wait and see what Android is like on T-Mobile as their 3G is going online nationwide this fall I guess. That could be a mutual if not better option with better price plans.

My mods are ghey...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode