G33K [email protected] All your geek questions are belong to us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Tversity - Media sharing to the extreme

This program is simply awesome.... you can check it out here TVersity - Home but this is how I have mine setup.

I have a powerhouse pc that I use for my home office that I have this running on. I have about 4-5 other pc's/laptops that are also on my home network along with two Directv HD DVR boxes with media sharing capabilities.

I have Tversity running on my office pc and basically I have my whole library of music, videos, and pictures available on every tv in the house as well as remotely from any web broswer. To top this off it also works with the iphone and has a special interface for it as well. I can watch anything I want to from my iphone 24/7 no matter where I'm at.

I wanted to watch a movie last night that I saw a preview of on TV, I went to the net, found a copy of it, downloaded it and watched it in my bedroom last night from my pc in the office.

If you are a gadget-guru and into this type of thing, check this out, it's amazing.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Come set mine up

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Gang Green

I use something similar, Winguide. Lets you pool media on all your computers at home and playback from any internet enabled pc, including smartphones.

Works great

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

I have been using this pretty much everyday lately and it works pretty good, the only downside is most movies that you can find are lower resolution and are not anywhere close to HD. They play just fine and are good enough, but the quality of the video's I would compare to a high quality VHS or a low quality DVD. This is displayed on the big screen so I guess I'm just being picky, but it was worth mentioning.

The cool thing is I ask my wife what she wants to watch and within an hour or so she is watching it. Pretty kick ass imo.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 02:43 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Orb.com <-- teh Shiznit

All my pics, vids, docs, etc streamed to my Blackberry

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post
Orb.com <-- teh Shiznit

All my pics, vids, docs, etc streamed to my Blackberry
It looks like it's the same type of thing.... I haven't tried that one but it looks to be similar.

Tversity streams to Directv and is also a stand alone system running on a pc... this one seems to be remotely hosted or linked somehow?

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
It looks like it's the same type of thing.... I haven't tried that one but it looks to be similar.

Tversity streams to Directv and is also a stand alone system running on a pc... this one seems to be remotely hosted or linked somehow?
No, your home PC is the host. Orb is just the client (I guess thats the right word). It uses your home PC's processor to reduce the media to the correct size for whatever mobile device or remote computer you're on and streams from there. I'm sure theres a more technical explanation, but it seems Orb just acts as the vehicle...your home pc does all the work.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 08:52 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Nerd Alert!!!!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post
Nerd Alert!!!!!!

Hey pot...kettle here....Hows that new Blackberry running for you?? You telling me you dont think it would be cool to be able to access all your pics and music and movies that you have on your home computer right on your storm? lol

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

ya it is pretty cool, I was out today visiting with a customer and he wanted to see pics of the kids... that was a bad move, I handed him the iphone with about 1500 pictures on it of them... (through tversity)

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode