G33K [email protected] All your geek questions are belong to us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I'm a Vista Dude now

My Dell XPS 700 got a virus on it and I cleaned it best I could but lost some files so when I started it gave me errors so I knew I needed to re-install Windows..

Well re-installing XP is a bitch with SP2 that is a HUGE file and then SP3 also... (had to do it recently on a laptop )

So I said fuck it got Vista Ultimate now I have a Media Center PC...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga

I have been totally Vistafied < -(isthat a word?)

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
don't read this

only thing I don't' think my Canon ImageClass MF3110 printer is compatible

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Resident Redneck

I have a Lexmark 7100 series printer and it is compatible.

So I bet your will be too.

Look for the drive on the Cannon site.

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Biga, one thing I like about Lexmark printers is the large ink jet cartridges. I had to buy a HP F series the other day and the cartridges are pathetically small.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 07:11 PM
No Crying Allowed

Welcome to 2006

and ya, most of the time they will have an updated driver on the manufacturers site, worth a try anyway...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
Biga, one thing I like about Lexmark printers is the large ink jet cartridges. I had to buy a HP F series the other day and the cartridges are pathetically small.

Large cartridges if you buy the high yield one.

Can't complain I guess since the company buys it for me

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
When I bought my new computer, (with Vista) my cheap ass 30 dollar Lexmark printer was NOT compatible. Luckily I only spent 30 on it. I wen't out and dropped a hundy on a nice Canon all in one. Works awsome.

People bitch about Vista all the time but I like it. Not that XP is bad........XP is great as well.

The new computer also came with HDMI so I ran a HDMI cable from my puter to my 50" plasma. All I do is switch the input on my remote to HDMI2 and wallah!!.....I have a 50" monitor.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Taken from my Blackberry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00043.jpg (227.3 KB, 7 views)
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Matt you suck, a 50" television.

Actually I'm going to set up a cinema room in our house. Was planning to buy the big 50" television this holiday but had to hold off. The plan is my stepson goes to school one day and unbeknowing to him, he will come back home to a cinema room, with WIFI surround sound, 50" LCD or PLASMA. I haven't decided which yet. Plus a good game computer and either an XBOX 360. Hopefully that keep him and the daughter happy.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 10:10 PM
No Crying Allowed

That's pretty sweet! Is the picture clear on the 50" when it's on PC?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 06:39 AM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
Going through hdmi, if he has the resolution set right it will be crystal clear.
I have a media center PC at home, hooked up via hdmi to our 40" LCD.
It records all our tv shows for us every day, and it's hooked into my big server in the basement with my hundreds of movies on it.

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
don't read this

Quote:
Welcome to 2006

and ya, most of the time they will have an updated driver on the manufacturers site, worth a try anyway...
Well my travel laptop has Vista Biz on it so I've been playin around with it but I don't like to early adopt things, I early adopted my phone and now I play the waiting game for fixes... I don't like to wait...

But Ultimate will be cool I've got my 360 connected to my downstairs comp so I'll just have to put some movies on my new computer..

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Yes Lover it is as clear as my normal 19" LCD monitor you see in the picture. Works spectacular. I have my resolution set to 1280x960. I have set it to other resolutions as well and still works fine. I have ATI graphics card so all I do is open that and change the resolution to what I wan't.

I mostly did this for my GF because she plays Diablo 2. I told her that since I'm getting a new bike this year........I'd set her up with this. All I have to buy now is a cordless mouse and keyboard so she can just sit on the couch in front of the TV and play her Diablo. This way I won't feel as guilty for riding so much. lol
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 06:38 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
Going through hdmi, if he has the resolution set right it will be crystal clear.
I have a media center PC at home, hooked up via hdmi to our 40" LCD.
It records all our tv shows for us every day, and it's hooked into my big server in the basement with my hundreds of movies on it.
I know if it's done right it's clear, I have the same setup as you mentioned and it's perfect... the key is finding a HDTV that supports 1900x1200 rather then 1080 or a video card that supports 1080.

I was asking because there are so many people that don't understand this as was trying to help.

|
|
|
|
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Yes Lover it is as clear as my normal 19" LCD monitor you see in the picture. Works spectacular. I have my resolution set to 1280x960. I have set it to other resolutions as well and still works fine. I have ATI graphics card so all I do is open that and change the resolution to what I wan't.

I mostly did this for my GF because she plays Diablo 2. I told her that since I'm getting a new bike this year........I'd set her up with this. All I have to buy now is a cordless mouse and keyboard so she can just sit on the couch in front of the TV and play her Diablo. This way I won't feel as guilty for riding so much. lol

1280x960? You should be running the native resolution of the tv for best effect. Either 1366x768 for a 720p set, or 1920x1080 for a 1080p set. Anything other then native resolution will not be as sharp as it should be.

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 06:52 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
1280x960? You should be running the native resolution of the tv for best effect. Either 1366x768 for a 720p set, or 1920x1080 for a 1080p set. Anything other then native resolution will not be as sharp as it should be.
uhm yes you are correct, that's why I said what I did above... you need to find a TV that supports 1900x1200 or find a video card that supports 1080, 1366x768 is too small large imo.

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

The resolution on my computer is set to 1280x960. My TV is 720p.

I am far from a electronics genius. But I do have good eyes. I changed the resolution to 1024x768, 800x600,1280x1024, etc etc......and it doesn't matter. If I go to 800x600 it makes the icons way to huge and the icons actually get cut in half off the TV. I don't know how it works. I just know it works. And very well.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Gang Green

Quote:
uhm yes you are correct, that's why I said what I did above... you need to find a TV that supports 1900x1200 or find a video card that supports 1080, 1366x768 is too small large imo.
Yea, any video card from ATI or Nvidia made in the last couple years will run 1080 very easily.
I'd reccomend a ATI 4670 for a media center, great card and it's dirt cheap. You won't find a TV that supports 1900x1200, but you can probably get a computer monitor that will (the big apple or Dell ones).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The resolution on my computer is set to 1280x960. My TV is 720p.

I am far from a electronics genius. But I do have good eyes. I changed the resolution to 1024x768, 800x600,1280x1024, etc etc......and it doesn't matter. If I go to 800x600 it makes the icons way to huge and the icons actually get cut in half off the TV. I don't know how it works. I just know it works. And very well.

If your TV is 720p, your picture will look better if you set the resolution to 1366x768. There are physically 1366 vertical lines on your lcd, and 768 horizontal ones. You always want to run that resolution if you can because anything else is just scaling to fit, which looses sharpness. You might not notice it on your tv now, but it will be sharper at 1366x768.

Last edited by GreenEnvy; 03-21-2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 01:35 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Yea, any video card from ATI or Nvidia made in the last couple years will run 1080 very easily.
I'd reccomend a ATI 4670 for a media center, great card and it's dirt cheap. You won't find a TV that supports 1900x1200, but you can probably get a computer monitor that will (the big apple or Dell ones).

If your TV is 720p, your picture will look better if you set the resolution to 1366x768. There are physically 1366 vertical lines on your lcd, and 768 horizontal ones. You always want to run that resolution if you can because anything else is just scaling to fit, which looses sharpness. You might not notice it on your tv now, but it will be sharper at 1366x768.
I have a samsung HDTV that does, I used it as my primary monitor with HDMI @ 1900x1200 There are a few HDTV Monitors that do support this resolution.

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode