G33K [email protected] All your geek questions are belong to us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Internet Explorer 8 Completed

If your an IE type of person, IE8 is out, here ya go.

Internet Explorer 8: Worldwide sites

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 06:40 AM
Gang Green

IE8 is a very good upgrade. I'd reccomend even those that gave up on IE to at least check it out, it is quite a big step forward.

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Cool. Thank's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 02:14 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I'm gonna wait to upgrade to it

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

It's much better then IE7, but it's still lacking speed and high memory useage.

FF 3.0 uses about 70mb when running with 5 tabs

IE8 uses about 220 or so IIRC

FF 3 is still much faster as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
It's much better then IE7, but it's still lacking speed and high memory useage.

FF 3.0 uses about 70mb when running with 5 tabs

IE8 uses about 220 or so IIRC

FF 3 is still much faster as well.
I don't find ff3 any faster.
IE8 uses more memory because every single tab is its own process. This is good because it is more secure, with tabs sharing a single process malicious data can go between. It's also good because one tab crashing won't take all your browser down anymore.
Chrome also has high memory usage due to a similar system, and it's certainly faster then FF3 and IE8 for most tasks.

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

For me FF3 is instant, as soon as I click the page loads, no waiting at all...

IE8 has a little lag time before loading the pages... it wasn't until after an hour or so that I notice how much slower it was... but I'm a speed browser as well, I don't like waiting even for a second...

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

After reading some reviews I found someone really talking up Opera... I gave it a try and love it... WOW!

It's as fast as FF and looks and works great...

IE8 is still too slow for me... Opera and FF are 50% faster imo.

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 11:33 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
After reading some reviews I found someone really talking up Opera... I gave it a try and love it... WOW!
SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

if all the nooblets start using it there'll be spyware and pop-ups targetted at it and I'll have to move again!!

Spoiler:
Opera is supposed to be a secret!!

gotta love that speeddial feature tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

whoops...

I have' played enough yet to see the speed dial feature? what is it?

|
|
|
|
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

If I could get ALT+S working on opera it would be the perfect browser.... damn.

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 02:00 PM
7c Forever

when you open a new tab you've got 9 windows that you can set-up as your favourite sites to jump to, so for example I've got this forum as speeddial for ctrl+t 4 and I'm here, 2 keystrokes. email and bank and stuff are all in there too. very handy feature I find.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Sweet, I'll have to give it a try, I'm still searching for an alt+s fix..

|
|
|
|
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Speed dial is sweet...... Very cool feature..

|
|
|
|
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 02:19 PM
7c Forever

what's alt+s supposed to be?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

After you type a reply, in IE and FF you can hit ALT+S and it sends the form,, the same goes for e-mail and many other things, I have been using it for years so it's a must and very fast after getting used to it... no need to go to the mouse to click submit...

|
|
|
|
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 02:57 PM
7c Forever

ahhhhh gotcha.

Sorry man I don't know on that one, it's not a command that I've ever used.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Ya no biggie... I went back to FF as I always do I have to have that shortcut or I would go nuts after using it for years... lol

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Ok, now I'm trying Safari...

|
|
|
|
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

alt+S works like a charm with Safari... and it seems pretty fast so far.. the only bad thing is it's apple

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode