G33K [email protected] All your geek questions are belong to us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Upgraded to 64 Bit Vista Ult.

I have been running Vista Ult for about 2 years now on a machine I built, at the time there were too many driver issues with the 64 bit version, after playing around and seeing how much faster the 64 bit versions are, I did a clean install of 64 bit today.

I'm very impress and it's like I just got a new PC... I have been running 4gb of ram on the 32 bit so now I can actually use all of it as well. It looks like I will be buying a little more memory as well since I can use it now.

Damn this thing flies....

Anyone looking at a new PC, make sure you get the 64 bit if you can... it's worth it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 06:06 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I've got 32bit on my PC now..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Gang Green

64 bit is nice. technically it shouldn't be much quicker, but it always seems to be. More secure too.
Win7 will probably be the last major 32 bit OS from MS.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 07:16 PM
7c Forever

ya, I've been rocking 64 bit for over a year now, never looked back. Definitely enjoy the extra stability/security.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Ya I'm not sure why it's so much quicker? I guess due to the 64 bit processing? I thought that was the advantage no?

Anyway it is much faster and also with me doing ten things at once it's much better in that respect. Everything is just about instant when I click on it.

Anyway the only hickup I had was a couple of drivers I had to hunt down but so far so good.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 08:44 PM
7c Forever

ya driver hunts are never fun, and 64 bit drivers aren't readily available.

as far as why it's faster, just the straight bandwidth is definitely a plus, NUMA and more memory access are definite bonuses as well.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Just in case any of you are running the 32 bit version of FF on a 64 bit os.... (like I just was ) here is the 64 bit version..

http://wiki.mozilla-x86-64.com/image....installer.zip

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Now my goal is to get all the 32 bit process removed or updated... there are a few I can't avoid though... like CS3

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Well screw that, there is not a supported flash player for the 64 bit browser

geeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 10:02 PM
7c Forever

ya, there's a lot that you've gotta run x86 for still. C'est la vie.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 04:52 AM
Gang Green

Adobe has been horrible with their 64 bit support. Pretty much everyone on 64 bit is running 32 bit browsers because of it. No flash makes a lot of websites not work. Reduces a lot of advertising too though

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

It seems I have pretty much everything sorted out, damn I have a lot in crap on this pc... You forget how many programs you have until you have to re-install all of them. I bet I spent about 12 + hours so far doing nothing but installing and configuring.

|
|
|
|
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

But it's kicking ass and worth it for sure!

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode