G33K [email protected] All your geek questions are belong to us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Omnia i910 Mobile Phone - (iPhone Killer)

This will be at the office on monday... looks pretty cool to me..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 09:02 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
I find it a little funny that you guys are trying to make it work and look like windows

or at least that's what it looks like...
Better than looking like a Mac..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

true lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley42 View Post
That HTC looks pretty bad ass. That OS looks silky smooth next to the Storms.

I upgraded to .122 and altho it's better I definitely don't think it feels like a different phone like everyone has been suggesting. The new copy and paste is incredible and my browser speed has increased quite a bit. I'll still probly jump on the next phone with wifi that's a great media player as well as a phone.
That's a skin/overlay for any windows mobile phone.. I'll let you know how it goes though... lol

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Well I got the omnia today... I have spent the last 6 hours or so playing with it and getting everything setup.

I have added the spb shell and a few other little things and I love it.

I will have a 3g iphone for sale soon.

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Advanced Member

Omnia over an iPhone??? What?!? I guess you are more on the business side of things after your posts in this thread.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley42 View Post
Omnia over an iPhone??? What?!? I guess you are more on the business side of things after your posts in this thread.

I would have never thought it myself... it's pretty sweet and does everything the iphone does and much more.

I'll give it a few more days and see if I feel the same way but so far there is no need for the iphone.

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

I just installed this new spb shell on the Omnia... OMG this this is awesome.

So yes the iphone is for sale now, I shut it off and forwarded my other number to this one.

If anyone is looking for a phone... do yourself a favor and look at this Omnia with the spb shell installed... It's amazing.

If this phone came with this skin installed it would be an iphone killer for sure... I'm not joking and coming from me a former iphone lover this should mean a bunch...

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

ok, I split this off so I stopped hyjacking your CRACKBERRY thread... (better late then never)

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
How much do you want for the iphone and is it ATT?

Would make a nice gift for the GF.
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Yes it's a 3G Iphone with AT&T... from looking on e-bay it seems to be worth about 350-500.00 depending on who and where. The key being no contract... that's the value for some people while it's not for others. Also since you can't insure an iphone there are many people stuck with a broken one and under contract, so a replacment is full price 599.00 or so.

I'm not greedy though, so I'm open to offers.

I also have a 2G iphone that is updated to the current OS, the only thing wrong with it is a very small 1/2" crack on the bottom corner of the glass. It's not effecting the operation of the phone or the looks as you can barely see it. I'm not sure what it's worth to be honest... maybe 100.00 or so.

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Well keep us up to date on it Rhett...you phone whore lol. I'm not leaving Blackberry...(at least for now) but you know most of us are gadget fanatics. Let us know how this thing keeps working out for you and what all it can do. Do you have Tversity or whatever you where using to access stuff at home installed yet?

post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
why buy it now... the Omina Hd version has already been announced and showed all over the place. It takes videos in hd 720..
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
why buy it now... the Omina Hd version has already been announced and showed all over the place. It takes videos in hd 720..
Not in the USA, it will be December at best before it's in the states.

I can't wait that long... but even this phone takes better video then I expected.... much better in fact, I was amazed.

|
|
|
|
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post
Well keep us up to date on it Rhett...you phone whore lol. I'm not leaving Blackberry...(at least for now) but you know most of us are gadget fanatics. Let us know how this thing keeps working out for you and what all it can do. Do you have Tversity or whatever you where using to access stuff at home installed yet?
I will update this thread in the morning with all the details etc... it's crazy.

As for tversity, it's all accessed through a web browser, so it works with just about anything really.

|
|
|
|
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 03:14 AM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Right now IM debating on the Palm Pre, and hopefully the new Iphone info will be released on the 8th of June. Palm Pre specs and the ability of the phone is impressive, but I like the Apps on the Iphone, I just dont see ideal of getting an iphone right now if they bring an updated version in a few months
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

From the rumors it's only a software update... not hardware... but the rumors could be wrong... for example the 2g iphones also run the most current versions of software with all the features minus 3g. So if that's what you want I would not worry.

One of the reasons I made this switch was the ability of teathering..... the new iphone software is said to support it now, but they also want another extra charge over and above the 30.00 a month data plan... which is nuts. The omnia supports it with the standard data plan of 26.99 a month.

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member

I'm thinking Apple is going to hold off on new hardware until 4G. VZW is going to start rolling out their 4G network this year. The rest of the carriers will follow suit but I'm sure Apple and VZW will reach a very lucrative agreement. And an Iphone with an LTE chip would be the shit. Does the Omnia have a flash player. That's something I'd really like in my next phone.

Last edited by Riley42; 04-22-2009 at 10:22 AM.
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Yes, flash works as well.

Here is a quick recap of what is has on it so far.

3G/EVDO Rev a
Bluetooth
WiFi
Internet tethering
5.0 MP Camera with Video Camera
SMS Messaging
MMS Messaging
FM Radio
Podcast Viewer
RSS Reader
Remote Desktop
Video Editor
TV Out - for streaming Video/Pictures to your TV or Monitor
Voice Command
Google Maps with full GPS
Outlook Mobile
Word Mobile
Excel Mobile
Powerpoint Mobile
One Note Mobile
Internet Explorer
Opera
DivX VOD
Live messenger
Mobile Putty SSH

I'm sure there is more but that's all I can think of at the moment...

Anything anyone would want on a phone that's not above? lol

|
|
|
|
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

testing 123

I'm linked wireless from my laptop to my phone, talking on my phone and posting to the net here... lol

Gotta love that ability

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode