G33K [email protected] All your geek questions are belong to us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

Bye Bye Vista Hello Win 7 64

thank god for that got rid of Vista

now running Windows 7 64 bit its way better less buggy so far

only thing missing is outlook express

so i need to find a ecent mail client , rather than use windows live mail

but hell this thing is now quick

got it on the pre-order which saved a few

oh when i opened the CD Case they've included 32 an 64 versions

didn't see the need to get Proffesional so settled on Home Premium

I;E 8 comes in both 32 an 64 on the standard install
still no 64 bit flash player as yet though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
I've heard nothing but good so far from Windows 7. They say it's "The new XP" lol

My laptop has XP Pro and my desktop has Vista 64 bit. I can't really say I've had any issues with Vista myself, that I know of. So Windows 7 isn't as exciting for me as it is for others I'm sure. But I'm still looking forward to getting it. How does the layout looks?

You mind taking a picture of your desktop and showing us?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 11:09 AM
7c Forever

I'd say it's more like the next windows 2000, more of an NT base.

XP had it's share of problems too.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Gang Green

Windows mail is still available, they just made it a download rather then building it in. Stupid companies keep threatening to sue MS for including freebies.
Several other apps like movie maker were made downloads too.

I've been running Win7 for several months (beta tester), it's a solid OS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 12:39 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Thunderbird email client FTW!
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 01:38 PM
The answer? Simple: 42

I haven't had any problems with Vista myself either. Although, I may upgrade to 7 in the near future.

Regarding the mail client, why would you not want to use the webmail version if it's available? I can't stand using a mail client anymore because I access my mail from just about everywhere and it's easier to just use the webclient.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post
I haven't had any problems with Vista myself either. Although, I may upgrade to 7 in the near future.

Regarding the mail client, why would you not want to use the webmail version if it's available? I can't stand using a mail client anymore because I access my mail from just about everywhere and it's easier to just use the webclient.
Ditto! I don't understand what is wrong with just using hotmail or whatever. That's what I have used for YEARS and never had issues. I don't get it.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ditto! I don't understand what is wrong with just using hotmail or whatever. That's what I have used for YEARS and never had issues. I don't get it.
I use both webmail and a desktop client as well. webmail I prefer for quick checks of e-mail. The desktop client I prefer for working with large attachments and viewing images.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
I use both webmail and a desktop client as well. webmail I prefer for quick checks of e-mail. The desktop client I prefer for working with large attachments and viewing images.
aaahhh. Gotcha! Makes sense.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 09:16 PM
No Crying Allowed

I got mine in today.... installing on one now... 5 more to go

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 12:22 PM
No Crying Allowed

One down and a few to go.... I have to say it's awesome to have the speed and function of XP back with modern advances.... Win 7 is the SHIT!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
I got mine in today.... installing on one now... 5 more to go

can you only buy one disk and install them on multiple computers? Dont you have to pay extra to install them with the same serial key?
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 06:11 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
can you only buy one disk and install them on multiple computers? Dont you have to pay extra to install them with the same serial key?
for this 3 pack upgrade it comes with one disk and one serial you can install on three pc's in the same house.

|
|
|
|
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 07:35 PM
The answer? Simple: 42

Windows upgrades = the suck. If I'm going to do it, it's a fresh install.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 02:58 AM

always have some sort of boggyness w vista on my laptop which is spec'd out decent and should have been enough to run vista fine. this was also after a fresh non-OE install of vista.

will be installying W7 soon. heard nothing but good things. the way vista should have been

AFM #282
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post
Windows upgrades = the suck. If I'm going to do it, it's a fresh install.

if you get it they say its better to backup anything you wan't to keep to a external drive and save it

then formatt yer Hardrive and do a complete Fresh Install

oh if yer running XP you have no choice to do that anyhow

If yer running the 32 bit version of Vista and want to run the 64 bit version of Windows 7 its a fresh install anyhow

64 bit is way Quicker in just everyway and gives you support for 4 gig or Ram and Over

32 bit only still see's 3.5 gig of ram
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

Desktop Pic straight from me 46" Sony TV

still can't believe how much better windows 7 is

now with the New TV i canPlay me games in 1920 x 1080p

Crisis on Very High Settings is Stunning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode