G33K [email protected] All your geek questions are belong to us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS

virus

my wife did something and now my windows wont work. it says i have

worm.win32.netsky

how do i fix it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 10:34 AM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
Quote:
To remove Worm.Win32.Netsky, you must first stop any Worm.Win32.Netsky processes that are running in your computer's memory. To stop all Worm.Win32.Netsky processes, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the "Processes" tab, search for Worm.Win32.Netsky, then right-click it and select "End Process" key.

To delete Worm.Win32.Netsky registry keys, open the Windows Registry Editor by clicking on the Windows "Start" button and selecting "Run." Type "regedit" into the box and click "OK." Once the Registry Editor is open, search for the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Worm.Win32.Netsky ." Right-click this registry key and select "Delete."

Finally, to completely get rid of Worm.Win32.Netsky, you must manually remove other Worm.Win32.Netsky files. These Worm.Win32.Netsky files can be in the form of EXE, DLL, LSP, TOOLBAR, BROWSER HIJACK, and/or BROWSER PLUGIN. For example, Worm.Win32.Netsky might create a file like
%PROGRAM_FILES%\Worm.Win32.Netsky\Worm.Win32.Netsk y.exe. Locate and remove these files.
Can you boot into Windows? I copied the above from a Spyware site...

I'd download malwarebytes (malwarebytes.com) and start my machine in Safe Mode. Once booted in Safe Mode run malwarebytes...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker View Post
Can you boot into Windows? I copied the above from a Spyware site...

I'd download malwarebytes (malwarebytes.com) and start my machine in Safe Mode. Once booted in Safe Mode run malwarebytes...
thanks walker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 08:30 PM
No Crying Allowed

Walker to the rescue....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS

it wont even load any of the applications on the desktop or the start button
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 05:17 AM
Gang Green

if you can't even get into safe mode, your choices are limited.
If it were me in this situation, I'd take the hard drive out of that computer, and plug it into an external drive adapter, and plug that into another computer.
Use that computer to scan the infected hard drive (there is zero risk of the virus spreading to the other machine unless you go and run some program from the infected hard drive).

If you don't feel comfortable removing the hard drive, there are bootable CD's you can use to start the computer in a dedicated virus scanner.

With either method, once the virus is cleaned off, you'll problably want to do a system restore back to a date before you got the virus. Hopefully you had system restore enabled. This will fix any programs the virus broke (virus scans remove the virus, but typically don't repair things the virus broke).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode