G33K [email protected] All your geek questions are belong to us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
ipad

I was thinking on getting one for my business. Does anyone have one yet?

Main things were can I add applications to it like Quickbooks. Since the program is on a disk. And can I print from it via wireless.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Gang Green

You can add apps, and it looks like there is an app for iphone, so I'd suspect it works on ipad too.
Quicken Online Mobile - iPhone Apps, iPad apps, iPhone 3G apps & iPod touch App Reviews appsafari.com

however, I can't imagine it would be pleasant to work with. a finance app and a device with only a touchscreen for inputing doesn't seem too productive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 06:17 PM
7c Forever

I use a tablet for work and it's handy in that you can carry it around in the field and get it dirty and it'll wipe down with a rag, but something like quickbooks would be a MAJOR pain, for exactly the reasons that GreenEnvy listed.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 06:45 PM
The answer? Simple: 42

Personally, I wouldn't drop the money for one.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 11:29 PM

it might be nice if you're doing quick referencing but not if you're going to be inputing alot of data.

i wouldn't mind one for pulling up service manuals as it's easy to blow up diagrams and do quick searches but not if i need it do alot of typing

a netbook or something similar with a keyboard would be better for what you need. netbooks can be had for a fraction of what an ipad goes for and much more versatile. it's a very niche market for what people *need* it for but i'm sure it'll have good sales simply because it's the new hottest thing from apple

AFM #282

Last edited by stingray; 05-26-2010 at 11:33 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 07:50 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I use a tablet for work and it's handy in that you can carry it around in the field and get it dirty and it'll wipe down with a rag, but something like quickbooks would be a MAJOR pain, for exactly the reasons that GreenEnvy listed.
I would get a tablet PC if you want a touchscreen

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 06:17 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
it might be nice if you're doing quick referencing but not if you're going to be inputing alot of data.

i wouldn't mind one for pulling up service manuals as it's easy to blow up diagrams and do quick searches but not if i need it do alot of typing

a netbook or something similar with a keyboard would be better for what you need. netbooks can be had for a fraction of what an ipad goes for and much more versatile. it's a very niche market for what people *need* it for but i'm sure it'll have good sales simply because it's the new hottest thing from apple
I use my tablet for shop manuals, great for that too. But yes there have been tablet PC's for 10 goddamned years and very few people gave a shit until Apple made one.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

yes there are programs than can create invoices and yes it will print wirelessly.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 08:49 AM
The answer? Simple: 42

What's the primary compelling reason for an iPad over a traditional notebook or tablet convertible?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post
What's the primary compelling reason for an iPad over a traditional notebook or tablet convertible?
1-Much thinner and lighter then a tablet PC
2-Longer battery life
3-Apple's "im cool!!" effect.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 11:11 AM
jimmy crack corn

If the Ipad had the same type of os as any apple laptop then I would think It was OK.
it has a "special" built os similar to that of an Iphone.
proprietary as the iphone is I still think the phone is the norm.
but a pad should be more user manipulatable (if that is a word) or a stand alone product.
instead you must plug it into a computer to make it work

I have quit publicly ripping on it because so many people I know and respect are buying them for the long flights and what ever.

The Ipad is the next generation ipod IMO .
not a laptop

David
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 06:20 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by macattack View Post
The Ipad is the next generation ipod IMO .
not a laptop
I concur with this. Not being able to multitask is a BIG deficit from it being a legitimate computing tool in my mind.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

So went to the local IStore and there had to be 50+ people there in the middle of the afternoon on a wednesday WTF?

So I checked it out and it would be a really sweet toy/work accessory. Still not completley sure about getting one. I'm afraid the kiddies would get a hold of it when im not looking or also would have to buy 3 more so all the kids could have one LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode