G33K [email protected] All your geek questions are belong to us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
new phone

I have T-Mobile and was wanting to o[grade our phones. Any suggestions? I have had 3 blackberrys and love them. But thought about upgrading to a touch phone. The HTC's look good and cool.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 09:15 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Samsung Vibrant - New Android Phone
Unsupported Browser

HTC HD2 - Windows Mobile Phone it's a pretty big phone too like my Droid X
Unsupported Browser

My Touch 3G Slide
Unsupported Browser

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 04:56 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
I just picked up the "My touch" A couple weeks ago and so far like it. The key board has been very handy. I have heard about the new Samsung that is coming out, but I am leary about new products just as they are put on the market. With the My touch I have found all sorts of apps for it and have uses for them.
Good luck with the search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Gang Green

I really like my android based phone.
The Mytouch is almost a year old, so it's lagging behind the newer phones hardware spec wise. I have that phone (HTC magic in Canada), and it's quite good.

Newer android phones like the HTC Incredible are fast and have the latest software.
I've rooted my magic/mytouch and have it running the newest version of android, 2.2. It brings nice speed boost and built in tethering, which is very nice.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 06:03 PM
The answer? Simple: 42

I'm still running the G1 and like it although it's getting a little slow.

One downside for me though... Being I'm on T-Mobile, I get absolute zero coverage in my place of work. However, if I switch to Sprint, I'd get coverage due to repeaters inside the building. But, when I called T-Mobile they said I could use a type of VOIP if I can get on the network. No can do with the Android when it's the enterprise WPA2 authentication that uses username/password. 'droid doesn't recognize that.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 06:50 PM
don't read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post

One downside for me though... Being I'm on T-Mobile, I get absolute zero coverage in my place of work. However, if I switch to Sprint, I'd get coverage due to repeaters inside the building. But, when I called T-Mobile they said I could use a type of VOIP if I can get on the network. No can do with the Android when it's the enterprise WPA2 authentication that uses username/password. 'droid doesn't recognize that.
There's an App for that..

Just kidding I dunno might want to look into it though.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 05:20 AM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post

You can connect to WPA2 enterprise on Android.

Android 2.1 and up do it out of the box.
For android 1.5 or 1.6, you can download this app:
Wifi Helper - Cyrket

Your phone does need to be rooted though for it to work.

If you are going to root your G1, might was well install a 2.1 rom onto it, much nicer then Android 1.5 or 1.6

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 07:32 AM
The answer? Simple: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post
There's an App for that..

Just kidding I dunno might want to look into it though.
Have been and it's not pretty. It requires an OS hack with my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
You can connect to WPA2 enterprise on Android.

Android 2.1 and up do it out of the box.
For android 1.5 or 1.6, you can download this app:
Wifi Helper - Cyrket

Your phone does need to be rooted though for it to work.

If you are going to root your G1, might was well install a 2.1 rom onto it, much nicer then Android 1.5 or 1.6
Interesting. will have to look into this some more. Although, most likely won't do the 2.1 upgrade unless it comes official due to performance problems. As it is, my G1 is getting extremely slow.

Last edited by fjorn; 07-20-2010 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 11:21 AM
don't read this

I have a Droid X and I love this phone.. Android Platform is so much nicer than Blackberry and I've messed around with the IPhone it's interesting but I think they are lacking now a days

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

I have been looking at the HTC2 looks pretty bad ass but expensive. but the wifey wants to get a new phone too and wants what ever I get. I got her spoiled by giving her a blackberry flip.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
I wanted to get the HTC2 also, but the sales guy said that it is windows mobile and not very good. He sugested that I should either go with the My Touch or the new Samsung. I went with the My touch due. To needing a new phone right away and the new Samsung not being out yet.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

just ordered the HTC Touch Pro2 for the wife and me the HTC HD2 for me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode