Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Read a very interesting article today

A bunch of big fat women were taken and put on a restricted calorie diet. they were then given one of 5 substances in a gel form or an injection on one of their thighs 3x a day 3-5x a week. On the other thigh was a placebo. I think they did it for 5 weeks and the thighs that had yohimbe (legal and very easily obtained) reduced their cross sectional mass "substantially" more than the leg treated with a placebo.

Now I have always been skeptical of topical fat loss stuff. Until now I had NEVER seen any research from reliable sources. But yohimbe is CHEAP I think that trueprotein.com even has it.

The difficult part is making up a solution yourself that will work transdermally. DMSO will shuttle almost anything through the skin the only drawback is it stinks to high heaven. SO I am looking for an alternative right now. I have some alpha-yohimbe on order and im goign to use myself as a guinea pig and put the stuff on my lower back the last little stronghold that guys hold fat.

You can also simply take yohimbe orally and it works fairly well. The good thing about it is it does not increase adrenaline like ephedra does adrenaline causes stress which in turn impairs glucose metabolization causing fat to be preferentially stored in the abdomen. So this is huge for yohimbe it increases your metabolism with almost zero effect on your heart rate.

I'll keep you guys up to date on my self experimentation.

If any of you are interested in trying it PM me and I'll give you a link to a "research chemical" company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 10:50 PM
FAsT BOYS

make some and let me try it stone
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

I'll let ya know when I get it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode