Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
The answer? Simple: 42

Callin' ya out Stone

Alright Stone. I'm calling ya out so I can get a look at one of your workouts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 02:03 PM
FAsT BOYS

lets go come up with it stone
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 02:44 PM

K guys I'll post up a week when I get home im heading to the gym righ tnow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 02:46 PM

I'm curious too. My wife is getting on me about getting fat. I've gone from a 34 to a 38 in about 6 mos.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 02:54 PM

I know what his diet looks likeÖ cook for two 6 times a day and eat it all yourself. That or he was trying to kill me with food.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 06:58 PM

Monday Chest/Hamstrings

Ok I'll try to make this as clear as possible without a spread sheet or something so bear with me. I change things up as we go but this will give you an idea of what I do day in day out.

KEY:
->: immediatly to next exercise zero rest, like seriously 3 deep breaths as you walk to the next lift.
(): anything in parenthesis means that it is a rest pause set. Example 20(5) means you did 20 and failed then you stop for about 5-10 seconds and get 5 more.

ALL MY REP EXAMPLES ARE HYPOTHETICAL I NEVER SAY HOW MANY I NEED TO GO I JUST GO UNTIL I CANT. SO THESE ARE GENERAL. YOU SHOULD BE REACHING FAILURE AROUND THE NUMBER OF REPS I HAVE LISTED.

ALL REPS ARE DONE VERY CONTROLLED KEEPING TENSION ON THE MUSCLE THE WHOLE TIME. I start super slow and controlled and as speed as I need to at the end to bang a coupel more out.

******. WARM UP for chest I warm up a lot becuase my shoulders are very very sensitive to any overworking so I warm up with light weight and full range movements with a 5lbs plate warming up the whole shoulder cuff.

1. Incline Press supersetted with smith incline press
IP 15->SIP 20
IP 12->SIP 20
2. Machine Incline Fly supersetted with Flat Machine Press
MIF 12(6)->FMP 15
MIF 10(6)->FMP 12
3. Dumbell Incline Press with Pushups
DIP 20->PU 10
DIP 15->PU 10
4. Dips with Cable fly
D 40-> CF 20 (half the weight 50)
D 40-> CF 20 (half the weight 50)
5. Weighted Stretching
2x 1 minute

6. Lying Leg Curl
LLC 25(25)(25) yes these are grueling you wont reach failure on first 25
LLC 25(25)(25)

7. Sitting Leg Curls with Standing Leg Curls
SLC 20(10)->15
SLC 20(10)->15

8. Face Plants (while kneeling dow you need your ankles anchored really well under something and some padding under your knees doesn't hurt.

So you're kneeling with your hands behind your head like you're getting arrested then you push your hips forward and let your body fall toward the ground as slow as you can, you'll need a partner to catch you then help push you back up to starting. You'll see the further your push your hips forward the harder it is. keep yoru hips forward.

FP 10
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

That's a lot of pressing work. I'm surprised you are doing so much chest work also. What are you doing for your back?

Just for comparison, here's a typical workout for me during the week in my off-season:

Day 1:
Crunch superset with Rev. Crunch (3 sets of 10)
Hanging leg raise superset with Rope tuck (3 sets of 10)
DB Bench press tri-set with DB Pullovers and Bentover barbell rows
Incline DB flyes superset with pull through

Day 2:
Hang clean snatch
Hang clean press
Hang clean jerk
Deadlift

Day 3:
Line drills, stretching, work on technique

Day 4:
High Pulls superset with DB shrugs
DB Lat raise
EZ-Bar curls superset with seated tricep extensions
Cable hammer curls superset with cable pressdowns

Day 5:
Hang clean snatch
Speed hang cleans
Squats
Deadlifts

Day 6/7:
Rest

I typically followed a 10/7/5/3 rep scheme with the only rest being when I was changing plates up or going to the next exercise. I have my own gym in the basement, so I don't have to wait for anyone.

In season, I gradually shift from high counts of lifting sessions to about once per week. However, I'm out on the field throwing implements multiple times a week for about 90 to 120 minutes on average. But, have been known to be out there for 6-8 hours. For throwing, I typically throw right handed (primary) out from the trig as I would in competition, then throw back in to the trig with my left. Lot of reps!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 09:00 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Here is my workout..

Walk into room look at Bowflex, walk into TV room turn it on, sit on couch and say to myself I should work out..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

You're also an ectomorph rinn. You can do that and not gain weight.

Us damn endo-mesomorphs can look at a Wether's Toffee and put on 20 pounds. 8 of it muscle and 12 of it fat.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 09:39 PM

I'll post my back workout tomorrow.

hehe chest is a walk in the park compared to legs and back.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 09:59 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn
You're also an ectomorph rinn. You can do that and not gain weight.

Us damn endo-mesomorphs can look at a Wether's Toffee and put on 20 pounds. 8 of it muscle and 12 of it fat.
Yeah it takes a lot for me to gain weight but I guess thats a good thing..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:17 PM

Unless you want to gain weight (like me) then it is bad. I can lose weight watching TV. I am glad to hear you gripe about leg day Stone. I look at a guy like you and canít image you dreading any part of your workout. I hate leg day because I have chicken legs. I walk out of the gym feeling like someone kicked me in the balls. :injured
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 02:10 PM

Are you kidding me?? I hate all my workouts.. I take 1600mg of ibuprofen for my poor ass knees, I have to get structural integration (like deep tissue x 10) 2x a week for my back and shoulders... Im really looking forward to time off after this show. and a rule of thumb is the bigger a guy is the bigger complainer he is.

hehe you guys dont realize its hard for EVERYONE to gain muscle... a fast metabolism really doesn't hinder muscle gains THAT much. In the world of bodybuilding its better than having no metabolism. Most of the big dudes out there are taking thyroid hormones that speed their thyroid production up far past what yours are putting out. Of course there are genetic aliens that gain weight mowing the lawn but for most of us mortals it takes ungodly amounts of food and consistently working out and overloading the muscle..

Im not huge.. Im big and just getting past my genetic ability.. If I miss a meal.. thats 4hours without food. I'll lose 5lbs EASY. Your body fights you tooth and nail to maintain homeostasis and having an extra 50lbs of muscle to feed, move, maintain IS NOT what the body wants.

If you skinny guys look at some of the best bodybuilders in the world (flex wheeler, Dexter Jackson) look at their joints, waist, wrists, ankles.. They are VERY VERY slight boned people and started out skinny little bastards. They got big because they ate, every 2 hours for years, and lifted increasingly heavier weights and/or chagned their lifting to futher damage the muscle.

There is only one secret to building msucle; consitency.. thats it. you look at the guys that are truly huge.. they are never hungry becasue they eat, and they always lift..
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 02:15 PM

one funny thing is people shouldn't try to get huge if they aren't into it.. Try to lift do some cardio, stretch and be active.. the gym is pretty lacking when it comes to all around fitness. If my income didn't correlate with my fitness, muscularity level I would hit the gym maybe 2x a week, the other dyas I'd be out playing frisbee or football or skiing, doing stuff that is fun.

I cant believe people try to get huge and hten dont compete?? Having muscle is uncomfortable, cuts down on your range of motion, its not a walk in the park. Yeah I get a kick out of the effect 20" arms have in public but the pain and sacrifice they require IS FAR FROM WORTH IT.

I'll do this until im 30 i've decided and unless im professional by then and covering my expenses for competing with prize money I'll be doing iron man competitions.. thats my goal when all htis bbing is over. slim down to a 170/180lbs comfortable weight and so something thats really cool! like run a marathon or something.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 02:34 PM

Back/Calves

Ok this is a HORRIBLE day but for some reason I like it... Backs are so complex and have so much strength you need to be careful.. anyone who has lifted has hurt their back at some point in time and if you dont let it heal it will be a chronic injury (cough snair cough).

I've been lucky enough I've never torn anything in my back, I used to dead lift a lot until I tore my deltoid, so if you guys dead lift use it sparringly, its an unreplacable lift but you can move so much weight its dangerous.
Ok this is a typical back day.

WARM UP- cable wide grip pull downs mixed with hanging stretches and bend over stretches. just get the blood going and move your msucles through the range of motion.

1. Chin ups with close grip cable pull downs
CU 20 -> PD 15
CU 20-> PD 15
2. Hammer Machine Row with Bent over reverse grip row
HR 10 -> RGR 20
HR 10 -> RGR 20
3. Dumbell Row drop set, second set should be 50% of first weight
DR 15 ->DR 10
DR 15 ->DR 10
4. Wide grip cable pull down with close grip cable pull down
WGPD 20 -> CGPD 10
WGPD 20 -> CGPD 10
5. Smith Machine Dead lift (partial deads, set the catch a few inches below the knees, takes the most dangerous lower portion out of the lift) DONT DO DEADS UNLESS YOU KNOW HOW!! have someon instruct you.. I've seen people slip discs, tear hip tendons all kinds of PAINFUL shit.
DL 20
DL 20
6. Pick a lower back exercise. lots of good machines and lifts you can do.
2 sets of 15

Calves, not hard to work do a couple sets of sitting and some standing calves. I'll do a seperate post on a good technique. DONT BOUNCE!!! you're just cheating yourself. lower ALL THE WAY to stretch the muscle out. thens lowly lift up to FULL contraction. pinch as hard as you can try to make the muscle cramp you're doing it so hard. nice and slow.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Ask the Chief

I do LOTS of cardio.

I've never wanted to be big like that, only fit. I can run 5-10 miles, then jump on a mountain bike and go more. I need to be that way for being a Rescue Swimmer. Muscle like that sinks.....and I need to be aerobically fit to buddy-tow someone 2000 yards then get into the helo. I'm happy with the way I look, it works for what I need and that's all that counts.

Awesome workout bro......

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 02:45 PM

See firehawk. tahts what im talknig about.. that is fitness....

Thats awesome!
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 02:48 PM

anybody want the ultimate leg workout go skiing.. I used to ski moguls competitively and no matter how hard I trained in the weight room I'd always be CRIPPLED the first couple days of ski season.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 04:32 PM
FAsT BOYS

Re: Back/Calves

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcmuffinboi
.. anyone who has lifted has hurt their back at some point in time and if you dont let it heal it will be a chronic injury (cough snair cough).
i know i just wish it would get all the way better. i feel better, then i lift then i hurt it again. my wife dogs me and says to quit showing off lifting heavy. you know 25 or 30 pounds at a time. haha. now im just an obese fat old man.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 07:20 PM

Snair one word: STRETCH!!!!!

every night! It will make a difference im serious

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode