Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Calves!!

I didn't come up with this so I cant take credit it comes from DANTE or "DC" but I've changed it a little as I tihnk its more practical physiologically. OLd gixx knows DC very good guy trains lots of guys in Cali.
I've never had great calves they still are too small compared to my quads but Iv'e been lifting them SO HARD and they've gone from 14" to 18" in 6 years. so they will grow they are just easier for some than others.

This set is only 12 reps but lasts minutes.

Each rep is as follows.
1. Start at full stretch
2. Up to full contraction at normal speed about 1 second to raise.
3. Full contraction for 2 second hold
4. Lower weight, should take 5 seconds (A REAL 5 seconds)
5. 12 full reps done at this pace.
6. this is the killer but this is what makes it work. Drop into a full stretch and try to relax and let it just TEAR and expand the muscle.

2 sets of these a couple times a week and they'll grow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 05:01 AM

Yeah man,DoggCrap is killer for sure!
I've never tried his methods,but I may utilize them soon.
Remember Dorian used to train similiarly with the slow controlled methods back in the day.
The key to calves is to stretch the fascia tissue allowing the calve muscles room to grow.It's fucking painful as all hell but definitely works if ya can hang
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

Hey old gix check out graphic muscle. My training partner/client just won the overall at the borderstates last weekend!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
doggcrapp is the man, but i think you forgot some stuff...

this should be done on the leg press machine w/ toes on it. when you go back to the fully relaxed position you relax for 15 seconds letting it fully stretch. so each rep is about 20 seconds. after 10 you'll be screaming for mercy, but this shit really works

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Mummy Man

he's an online trainer and that's his nickname and he trains guys local to him also. he's one of the most well known trainers out there.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 10:01 AM
The answer? Simple: 42

It's not that online trainers will spot you on lifts. They will give you tips and ideas on things to improve yourself and help to meet your goals.

BTW, I disagree with the leg press for stretching the calves. I tend to use a block of wood to stand on it with the balls of my feet. Then I can drop the heels down and really get a good stretch.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Corey,
I changed it for that reason. Doing the stretch at the end is better I feel because doing the stretch after each rep builds up a TON of byproducts of muscular contraction in the msucle and you get deminished ability to contract the muscle.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

And its not supposed to be done on any one machine. Do it on sitting calf raise, standing calf raise, hack squat machine anything you want.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Its DC training DIRECT CONTINUANCE.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Fjorn,
Leg press can be used just fine but I agree it isnt the most optimal machine for this. To isolate the calves you must lock your knees which puts you in a dangerous position for injury. the Hack squat machine Is the best I feel because it allows you to hold a straight leg postiion just short of locking out.

And as a rule, no one person has all the answer or no one lift works for everyone all the time. Fine what is comfortable.

For me bench pressing is pointless you'll see in my chest workout I do 2 sets of flat bencht thats it. Because the mechanics of my body force me to use 90% shoulder to press. that is why I use incline 90% of the time.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Mummy Man

damn stone, that might be why my shoulders get huge and pecs look the damn same! think i'll try incline onlya nd see what happens. i can never get my upper pecs to do shit

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 02:58 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
man I need to get back into working out and rebuild my shoulder from when I broke my collar bone.. can't lift really heavy things above my head with out some pain.. kinda sucks..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 03:42 PM

I have the same trouble with flat bench. I thought it was my grip but wide was worse and close was all triceps. Now I do incline and decline dumbbells with a twist in for that nice squeeze at the top.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 04:25 PM
The answer? Simple: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcmuffinboi
Fjorn,
Leg press can be used just fine but I agree it isnt the most optimal machine for this. To isolate the calves you must lock your knees which puts you in a dangerous position for injury. the Hack squat machine Is the best I feel because it allows you to hold a straight leg postiion just short of locking out.

And as a rule, no one person has all the answer or no one lift works for everyone all the time. Fine what is comfortable.

For me bench pressing is pointless you'll see in my chest workout I do 2 sets of flat bencht thats it. Because the mechanics of my body force me to use 90% shoulder to press. that is why I use incline 90% of the time.

I tend to do my calf work standing up on a block of 2x4 or 4x4 while holding either a DB, or a BB across the shoulders as if I'm squatting. I don't have any machines at home really. So, gotta make do.

I agree with not one person having all the answer, nor a lift working for everyone. Even further than that, as we get further along in our training, some things just aren't possible anymore.

Benching can have it's purpose, as some of it is transferable to other other events, but not in an equal proportionate amount like some of the other lifts. I personally believe in the big, whole body compound lifts such as squats, deads, Oly work.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 01:10 PM

Calves update: I started using this the day it posted. Iíll be damned if my calves are not growing. They have looked the same for years and all of a sudden I noticed them today. It must work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode