Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

AB Lounge 2

So Stone I got the above titled for xmas and was wondering what yer thoughts were on it. Is it just a lame gadget or does it actually work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 10:15 AM

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupt1
Stop yer head scratchin,,,I need me some Stone!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena808
I need me some Stone!!!

:laugh :laugh....
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Stop yer head scratchin,,,I need me some Stone!!!
ooooook then!! :laugh
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
most of those work lena. the main thing is just doing excersize.

it's a personal opinion, but i take the stance that abs are like any other muscle. go low reps and hard on them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 01:33 PM

wait a sec.......Lena comes with abs dammit!!!

like a built in thing
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 08:54 PM

ok, i work out a ton... and from years of doing abs i can say, if you want a flat stomach with chiseled abs, do tons of them with tons of variation. try even going slow during your reps. if you want big, bulky, stick out far abs, use weight and do less reps. personally i just do tons or reps and it eventually your stomach will be rock solid and FLAT! i've calmed down a bit on the ab routine, but i used to do 1200 reps a day. power sets. all for the chicks

lena, to answer your question... yes, the ab lounge will work. eventually you will plateau in your routine and you'll have to mix it up a little to see further results. abs plateau less frequently then your pectorals or other major torso muscles.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 06:32 AM

Lena,
I've never used an ab lounge but it looks decent, when you're doing it do you feel the muscle working?? Im sure you do. thats really all you need to do. As Corey said you dont need to do 1 billion of them do 3 sets of 15-25 but do them slowly and controlled.

Now for the bad news... Everyone has abs they are just covered by chub. Getting a 6 pack comes down to 1 thing. losing enough fat to get them to show through.
I have a pretty decent stomach most of the time and you now how many ab sets I've done this year? Probably less than 10. I just dont do them. They get some work when I do tricep ext and when I do heavy legs they are always working a little. I dont have HUGE abs but who wants huge abs? You want a nice trim stomach with the 6 pack fully visible, maybe a vein or two for the freak factor. Doing too much mid section work (unless you are a worlds strongest man competitor) isn't going to make you happy. Abs and especially Obliques will grow.. They can get pretty big and all you'll be left with is a big thick waist.
Use your ab lounge, cut out as much dairy, white flour and sugar as you can, Hit the gym as hard as you can and do cardio a few times a week.

Now for the good part. Female pattern fat storage (hips, butt, thighs) lets your six pack come out quicker as the stomach isn't the preferred area of fat storage. Thats why you see some girls witn a nice big booty and a sick back. WIth guys the stomach is the 2nd to last place for fat to come off. The last is the lower back (handles).
One ancient method that a lot of bodybuilders use is to get a sweat wrap. Its basically neoprene that you wrap around your stomach while you workout and it makes your middle section SWEAT big time. It will trim your stomach down a little for about half a day. I start using it 4 weeks out from a show and I do notice a little difference right after I workout.

--Shimmy,
I have to disagree with your methods. 1200 reps is going to build up so many toxins within the muscle you will be working backward with ab development. 1200 reps though is a long workout and will burn some calories and increase your metabolism but you are just killing the abs.. not productive. You are basically doing a cardio workout with your abdominal muscles which weren't designed for that.
Abdominals are there so that you can bend and twist the middle section but still stiffen it up when you need rigidity. They are made for lots of little bity contractions (sitting down, turning looking up, just supporting the upper body during normal movement) and the occasional big strain (picking something heavy up) They are hardly designed for thousands of substantial contractions like the leg muscles are. Calves may be able to handle 1200 reps.. I"ve done 1000 set workouts on a couple occasions but my calves felt injured after that.
Shimmy you would be MUCH better off doing 100 reps of hard abs, 50 reps hanging leg raises, 50 reps crunches. Then doing 30 mins of walking on a treadmill.

Hope this helps everyone.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 06:42 AM

Lena,
what I always tell people is do what you need to do to keep doing the work. No one does the BEST workout, BEST diet all the time. the most efficient way to getting what you want is finding a workout/diet that you can stickwith. If you are really starting to burn out on the gym. Go for a walk on the beach (that shit is hard! In Thailand I walked about half a mile on the soft sand I was feelin' it!). Go play football or frisbee or baseball or whatever just keep active. You're not a bodybuilder where you need to work all the muscles to stimulate growth, you just want to keep your muscles hard and get lean.. Just be active. Make that stuff fun!!! and with diet I personally am really strict except friday nights I go to this chinese restaurant and just eat ANYTHING and everything until I cant.. its uuslaly about 30 mins-45 mins if I take my time but I feel satisfied and kinda grossed out and Im ready to get back to a good clean meal.
The reason im good at what I do is not because im mr. Science and know all the scientific stuff like some trainers do.. But I am damn good at coming up with routines that are effective but that people can live with. Thats not easy to do and most trainers are really good at coming up with the most effective efficient and cutting edge scientific workout but it burns people out and they just fall off of it.. now tell me what workout is more effective.. one that isn't AS effective but you can stick to it for 6 months before its boring, or one that is the most efficient and best possible workout but its so hard and uncomfortable and complex that you last 1 month on it then just say Hell with it.
You MUST fine a compromise between effectiveness and what you can tolerate.

This is why first time gym people should start maybe 1 or 2 times a week. only do what you can do. People start out going 6 days a week 2x a day and they last 2 days.. its too much. Do what YOU can do and how YOU like it.

Hope this helps.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 08:12 AM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcmuffinboi
Lena,
I've never used an ab lounge but it looks decent, when you're doing it do you feel the muscle working?? Im sure you do. thats really all you need to do. As Corey said you dont need to do 1 billion of them do 3 sets of 15-25 but do them slowly and controlled.

Now for the bad news... Everyone has abs they are just covered by chub. Getting a 6 pack comes down to 1 thing. losing enough fat to get them to show through.
I have a pretty decent stomach most of the time and you now how many ab sets I've done this year? Probably less than 10. I just dont do them. They get some work when I do tricep ext and when I do heavy legs they are always working a little. I dont have HUGE abs but who wants huge abs? You want a nice trim stomach with the 6 pack fully visible, maybe a vein or two for the freak factor. Doing too much mid section work (unless you are a worlds strongest man competitor) isn't going to make you happy. Abs and especially Obliques will grow.. They can get pretty big and all you'll be left with is a big thick waist.
Use your ab lounge, cut out as much dairy, white flour and sugar as you can, Hit the gym as hard as you can and do cardio a few times a week.

Now for the good part. Female pattern fat storage (hips, butt, thighs) lets your six pack come out quicker as the stomach isn't the preferred area of fat storage. Thats why you see some girls witn a nice big booty and a sick back. WIth guys the stomach is the 2nd to last place for fat to come off. The last is the lower back (handles).
One ancient method that a lot of bodybuilders use is to get a sweat wrap. Its basically neoprene that you wrap around your stomach while you workout and it makes your middle section SWEAT big time. It will trim your stomach down a little for about half a day. I start using it 4 weeks out from a show and I do notice a little difference right after I workout.

--Shimmy,
I have to disagree with your methods. 1200 reps is going to build up so many toxins within the muscle you will be working backward with ab development. 1200 reps though is a long workout and will burn some calories and increase your metabolism but you are just killing the abs.. not productive. You are basically doing a cardio workout with your abdominal muscles which weren't designed for that.
Abdominals are there so that you can bend and twist the middle section but still stiffen it up when you need rigidity. They are made for lots of little bity contractions (sitting down, turning looking up, just supporting the upper body during normal movement) and the occasional big strain (picking something heavy up) They are hardly designed for thousands of substantial contractions like the leg muscles are. Calves may be able to handle 1200 reps.. I"ve done 1000 set workouts on a couple occasions but my calves felt injured after that.
Shimmy you would be MUCH better off doing 100 reps of hard abs, 50 reps hanging leg raises, 50 reps crunches. Then doing 30 mins of walking on a treadmill.

Hope this helps everyone.

That's what we missed too

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Your so damn awesome Stone! You are good at what you do and never need to explain it. Thank you very much!
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

One more thing Stone. I have a SERIOUS ADDICTION to coffee! I drink my bottled water but I gotta have my coffee. I dont mean just one cup either,,,try a whole pot or more if I'm stuck at home/office for some reason. I use non dairy creamer and LOTS and LOTS of sugar. That is my weakness. Nothing else. I hate soda pop so that would never be an issue,,,

I dont plan on stopping my coffee addiction. Its like asking me to stop riding. So what do you say?
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 06:22 PM

Lena,
I put coffee in almost every protein shake I ever have. Its good. caffeine isn't great for you but I hear you on the addiction thing I get the WORST headache if I run out.
But the sugar.. BAD!!!

Splenda or equal.
Splenda is like $7 for the 9.7oz bag which will last you about a week.
Equal 1500 packets for $11 will last about a month but its a pain opening all those little packets.
The splenda bag ou just open and dump it in.

As long as you are keeping hydrated coffee isn't going to hurt you. Caffeine increase metabolism so if anything its going to help you lean up a touch.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 06:24 PM

Talking

Quote:
I need me some Stone!!!
The only thing better than hearing a girl say this is having an asian girl say this.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 06:59 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcmuffinboi
The only thing better than hearing a girl say this is having an asian girl say this.

LMAO :laugh :laugh :laugh

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
LMAO :laugh :laugh :laugh
Hush it! I'm both a girl AND asian! I dont care who he found he Thailand,,,I said it first!

Hey thanks again Stone, I havent tried splenda before so I'll go and get some. That equal stuff is sooo BLECH! I hope splenda tastes better.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 07:08 PM

While I don't use sugar in my coffee.. heads up Splenda to me is SUPER sweet.. so I wouldn't use as much of it as you do normal sugar... :laugh :laugh
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 07:13 PM

Splenda is A LOT sweeter. The bag says 9.7oz is equivalent to 5lbs of sugar.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 07:14 PM

I need a picture of a Lena holding a sign saying "I need me some Stone"

thats a framer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode