Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Mr. Thailand and Thai National Bodybuilding Team

Whats up everyone!?
Im back in Bangkok training at Powerzone Gym Owned by Mr. Thailand. These guys are no joke out here. They are state funded and compete with russia, china all the other crazy win or die countries. I was pretty big headed heading into the gym thinking asians didn't get that big. Especially since im just about 260 right now. Well I was wrong.
I am the overall biggest but i've got about 6" on everyone height wise. Sitthi (mr. T) is just awesome, www.sitthi.com, not ENOURMOUS but very cool physique and he has more trophies than anyone alive I think.
BUT the highlight is this one guy that is about 5'5" and his arms are probably 23" around. He looks like a balloon animal. He is as exaggerated as ANY professional guy you see in the US. He's about as big as you can get I think. He can barely walk his legs hit together. He's awesome.
Its cool here they take bodybuilding seriously. Right now the German national coach is here working with Sitthi and the whole team. Very nice guy and I think he enjoyed having another whitey around.

Its VERY different at this gym. In the US you see 99% of the people in there dicking around picking up on each other and looking at each other in the mirror. You walk into this gym. its war. Everyone is there for a reason everyone is above average muscle wise and despite the ZERO A/C and is 90 here now they are in there busting their butts.

Its cool seeing something that is seen as a subculture and kinda of stupid in the US taken seriously and treated as just another sport.

We went and at at the team kitchen after I trained yesterday and it was like the circus was in town I was in attention whore heaven. We all got swarmed. and of course the little kitchen owners probably had $'s in their eyes when they saw 6 guys all over 200lbs waddling over with hunger in their eyes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 04:26 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
His physique was huge! I used to follow the guys in a few circuits years ago. But I don't know any of the current crop.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
that's awesome stone. ask if you can take pics of the gym...

btw stone any chance that gym sells tshirts's ? hehe i'm an XL in american standards

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

No T shirts they were out I asked today. Said my good byes and got some pics. Sitthi is offseason now but he is still a big dude. One guy now is just enormous really he is so big his clothes are just huge cut off jeans that are sinched around his middle with a xxxl Tshirt on a 5'5" guy. They are all cool guys Im excited to come back.
The asian games in Qatar are later this year I'd like to come hang out and train with them as they get ready. Would be fun to go watch them compete as well. Each medal they bring home nets them 1,000,000baht about $25,000 so its serious business for them.

But damn its hot here haha I train hard but at about 50% of the pace I do at home...

Tony sitthi was/is big but this guy is like freakishly x2 big. Im guessing 100-110kg and he is SHORT. Keep an eye out for him. I'll post his picture up later on. Didn't get any good ones but you can see his face clearly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode