Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

I almost really hurt myself today in the gym.

My partner is out of commission so I was lifting alone and I got to my first really heavy shoulder press. well the warm up set I had a bad time gettig them from knee to shoulder so I did a half wrap just one time around the bigger dumbells. just once around and under my palm just for a little grip.. Well I hiked the big boys up got settled then did my reps well since I'm an attention whore and like to make people look I just pretty much chuck the weights it sounds awesome when it hits the ground.
Well I guess I should have known this could happen but a half wrap you'd think would just unravel. well I chucked the weights and my right hand didn't come undone.. So I had a big weight tied to my arm. It yanked me so hard off the seat I am sitting here with a mild concussion I think.. I'm a little tired and really nauseated. Vision and memory seem fine but jesus I could have really messed myself up.I'm lucky my shoulder seems fine maybe a tiny bit kinked.

I feel so stupid. haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 08:34 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
You should go the emergency room and get checked out Stone. If you do have a mild concussion and the nausea persists that could be bad. Don't take any chances.

Lookin out for my MM buddy.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 08:37 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
haha...

it catched up to ya... hope you feel better tomorrow

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 08:46 PM
7c Forever

get pond to look at your pupils, the easiest way to check for a concussion is to see if one is more dialated than the other, or responds to light faster than the other. If it does you'll need to get her to wake you every couple hours thru the night (every 3 hours or so is the routine I usually go for).
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I'm feeling a little bit better. I feel like a huge moron.

and rinn you better believe I'll be slammin' them again tomorrow.. just wont be strapped in lol. I feel like the combatstang of the weight room.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 09:43 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONE
Thanks guys. I'm feeling a little bit better. I feel like a huge moron.

and rinn you better believe I'll be slammin' them again tomorrow.. just wont be strapped in lol. I feel like the combatstang of the weight room.
:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 09:51 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
:imwst

lmao...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 08:55 AM
7c Forever

everything ok this morning man?
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Jun,
Yeah I'm fine I think got a pretty good headache but I'm ok. I took some ibupofin last night and started feeling better.

Thanks for the concern. My ego is the most damaged haha.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 09:52 AM
7c Forever

ya ibuprofen is great stuff, when I smashed that vertibrae in my back it became my best friend (that and a couch with a bigscreen TV).

Ego's are things that maybe should be damaged every once in awhile, helps bring a person down to earth. Cheers for coming on here and fessing up to it tho, I mean in all reality, you could have not said anything and none of us ever would have heard about it.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 12:45 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior
ya ibuprofen is great stuff, when I smashed that vertibrae in my back it became my best friend (that and a couch with a bigscreen TV).

Ego's are things that maybe should be damaged every once in awhile, helps bring a person down to earth. Cheers for coming on here and fessing up to it tho, I mean in all reality, you could have not said anything and none of us ever would have heard about it.
I knew about it...... I heard the DBs hit the floor followed by a big fleshy THUD! all the way at my house.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 08:30 PM

Rookie! J/K happens to the best of us!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 04:53 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
I gave myself a concussion throwing my 2001 R1 into a ditch in Pa. a few seasons back. I raced Road America a week later on an F1 sidecar and I gotta tell you the practice round was a nightmare...I never felt so close to passing out and puking in my life...not good when you're hanging off a machine that's doing 160 mph in a straight line and the driver is trusting you to do your job!!

My wife was NOT pleased when i told her that i wasn't going to miss the race after I showed up at home riding an R1 with only half the bodywork and no front brakes!!

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 05:19 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Bloody pussies......yeah yeah, I've been drinking...: ha ha ha ha

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 09:12 AM
phil-osepher

wow stone, good thing you are ok. I use straps for shoulders as well, I'll have to be more careful! I like the sound that the fifteen lb dumbells make when they hit the mat! Makes people look!!

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Knee yeah man becareful. I really couldn't believe how hard it pulled me It felt like those cartoons where they tie someone to a truck and it takes off and they just disappear. tahts how it felt. my neck is still stiff. I wish gyms allowed chalk.. you wouldn't need straps for half the lifts.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 09:12 AM

Hey Stone I asked you once before about hooks instead of straps. Have you guys ever used them? Thing is I feel like I can do more weight on some exercises like traps than my hands can grip for a long period of time. I try not to use my straps at all but when I know my hands are going to give out first, I don't want to sacrifice the work out just because of my hands, so I break out the straps. Thoughts?
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
glad you came out okay...this way we can tease you!

you're one of those guys who uses wraps for squats also huh...that way if you have an emergency the weights will never get too far away from you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode