Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

gakic?

anyone try this? Its supposed to be the sh*t. I dunno, it had better be decent for $60 for 128 pills. They want you to take 8 pills (huge) 45 mins before your workout. I only took 5 yesterday, and my heart was racing for a bit, I didn't really notice the immediate 10.5% increase in strength or increase fatigue resistance by 28%, but I guess we'll give it some time.
:r1budha

http://www.gakic.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 10:00 AM

Keep us posted but thats too expensive for me. Thats almost 50lbs of chicken right thurrr!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 02:32 PM

Nope, anything that is that expensive and you have to take so much of it at one time sounds like a hoax? Let us know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 03:44 PM

Never heard of it but let us know what you think.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stangman
Nope, anything that is that expensive and you have to take so much of it at one time sounds like a hoax? Let us know!
read some of the info on the website, sounds pretty convincing. I've only used it on one workout, I'd like to use it for a few weeks to see if there is a noticeable trend.

About the expense....we all know the ReAL good stuff costs the most $$$

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77
read some of the info on the website, sounds pretty convincing. I've only used it on one workout, I'd like to use it for a few weeks to see if there is a noticeable trend.

About the expense....we all know the ReAL good stuff costs the most $$$
I guess you are right about that~ I will let you buy it and try it! :corn
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

well
its been a week. I wont say that there has been a significant increase, but there has been some. It definitely "works" to some extent. Imagine working out by yourself, and you get to the 10th rep and know that you dont have what it takes to get 11 and 12, or you try to get 11 and cant, so you set the weight down. Well, with this stuff 11 and 12, and sometimes 13 are no problem. Its NOT mental, I know my body well enough that I know when i push through barriers that I normally wouldnt.

Granted, the difference isn't huge but it does make an impact. Today was chest again, and here is how it went:

set 1: 135 x 15 (good warm up)
stretch some more......
set 2: 225 x 15 (working out the kinks)
set 3: 275 x 7 (save some for later)
set 4: 315 x 5 (wow that felt good)
this is where i usually do another set of 315, and then blast 275 and 225 on the way down. But, I though why the heck not keep going up?
set 5: 335
I was concerned that it might be tough, but it went up almost as easily as 315 did
set 6: 350
This one I really wasn't sure about, but dizayum! It went up, without even stalling at the midpoint, I just slowed some...

I'll probably wait another month to try again but I think 365 is easily attainable. I've never pushed 400, but I think with another 4 to 6 months of work I can do it. I'll never push the 575 that Stone is pushing but oh well we all cant be like Faaaaaaaaaaabio....lol

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 02:15 PM

Kewl, In about another week or so.... hopefully it will kick in a little more! sounds good so far though!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
I hit 315 at my max weighing at 168 with XFactor. Ive heard alot about Gakic both good and bad; but its nice to see results from people that I know are real
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 11:26 PM

I'm not going to poo poo these results because if something works thats awesome but if you guys are looking for a simple supplement that staves off muscle fatigue caused chemical waste go to the grocer and get baking soda take 2tbsp before you workout its a good lactic acid buffer and if you want the same effect except stronger pottasium citrate is awesome however it is one of the foulest tasting substances I've ever tasted. Both are very cheap.
A friend of mine very versed in chemical warfare (tour de france 2x racer) got me into pottasium citrate for leg workouts.

Keep up the good work guys but I'll repeat again if you're getting these good results look to the foundation, your nutrition, to fill in any gaps and your results will be even better!!

Oh yeah and STRETCH!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 11:41 PM

Knee dragger thats a pretty incredible chest workout. I would recommend fewer sets though. Especially if you're trying to get stronger I would try to limit the work done. Do a couple sets of 135 then maybe one set of 3-6 of 225 then go all out jump up to 385 and give it a whack. doing so much work is just beating your muscles into a pulp which will slow your recouperation time. There are two types of muscle growth sarcoplasmic (fluid), and myofibril (fiber) increased fluid between the fibers will only help a bodybuilder because it doesn't do much except look cool. The myofibril growth is what you really want. Myofibril (tissue) growth is generaly thought to occur mainly from the application of tension on the muscle and fluid growth is thought to occur when muscles are put under very large volumes of work (typical bodybuilder routine). So what you want to try to do is damage the muscle as much as you can as quickly as you can. If you just overload the muscle with tons of sets you're going to wear down your central nervous system because lifting heavy is very stressfull on your CNS and that takes a long time to recover.

SO sifting through all that BS i just fed you I believe you can stimulate the muscles enough to elicit the desired adaptive response with 2-3 warm up sets (this just depends on how you feel) and 2 good working sets. Hit that 265 I guarantee you'll get it if you go after it a little sooner. If I were working with you and saw you do the above workout we'd go right to 285 to just short of failure then another with 285 give or take 20lbs depending on how you feel.

and again I'll preach about food; Eating a proper meal immediatly after you train (I eat mine in the gym), and another 90 mins post workout will benefit you 5x more than any protein shake, supplement, pharmaceautical ever will.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Yes, I agree 100% with the meal idea. But for me, it's just not realistic.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 06:15 PM

Not realistic? Come on Mayo you can do it. Do like I do when I'm dieting smash a yam and banana up in a zip lock bag then put a few chicken breasts in another zip lock. WHen its time to eat just bite off a corner or the yam bag and squeeze it into your mouth like a pastry... thing. (what are those called?). And with the chicken just grab a breast pop open the bag and feed it through while youre driving. Not very smooth but it works.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONE
Not realistic? Come on Mayo you can do it. Do like I do when I'm dieting smash a yam and banana up in a zip lock bag then put a few chicken breasts in another zip lock. WHen its time to eat just bite off a corner or the yam bag and squeeze it into your mouth like a pastry... thing. (what are those called?). And with the chicken just grab a breast pop open the bag and feed it through while youre driving. Not very smooth but it works.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONE
Knee dragger thats a pretty incredible chest workout. I would recommend fewer sets though. Especially if you're trying to get stronger I would try to limit the work done. Do a couple sets of 135 then maybe one set of 3-6 of 225 then go all out jump up to 385 and give it a whack. doing so much work is just beating your muscles into a pulp which will slow your recouperation time. There are two types of muscle growth sarcoplasmic (fluid), and myofibril (fiber) increased fluid between the fibers will only help a bodybuilder because it doesn't do much except look cool. The myofibril growth is what you really want. Myofibril (tissue) growth is generaly thought to occur mainly from the application of tension on the muscle and fluid growth is thought to occur when muscles are put under very large volumes of work (typical bodybuilder routine). So what you want to try to do is damage the muscle as much as you can as quickly as you can. If you just overload the muscle with tons of sets you're going to wear down your central nervous system because lifting heavy is very stressfull on your CNS and that takes a long time to recover.

SO sifting through all that BS i just fed you I believe you can stimulate the muscles enough to elicit the desired adaptive response with 2-3 warm up sets (this just depends on how you feel) and 2 good working sets. Hit that 265 I guarantee you'll get it if you go after it a little sooner. If I were working with you and saw you do the above workout we'd go right to 285 to just short of failure then another with 285 give or take 20lbs depending on how you feel.

and again I'll preach about food; Eating a proper meal immediatly after you train (I eat mine in the gym), and another 90 mins post workout will benefit you 5x more than any protein shake, supplement, pharmaceautical ever will.
how did I miss this advice?? Thanks man, I'll give that a shot in the future. Not so much on beating up the muscles

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:02 AM
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo5
Yes, I agree 100% with the meal idea. But for me, it's just not realistic.
mayo stone is not shitting you. we will finish a race and as soon as he can pull his helmet of its like wham some more chicken breast in his mouth. haha
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 12:39 PM

mmmmm... brest in mouth.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 03:00 PM

Think i can do 185
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 12:12 AM

If it says MuscleTech on the label it's overpriced and probably worthless.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible1
If it says MuscleTech on the label it's overpriced and probably worthless.
that's a qualified statement if I ever read one. such generalizations have often proven to be correct

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode