Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Strength is in the mind.

Just had a huge reminder that mental state plays such a huge part on how you perform.
Last night I was upset from a workout partner divorce and then had a client not do so well at his first contest. I went to the gym and put on some system of a down and really tried my hardest to get into it since it was leg day and I skipped the week before...
I have gotten up well into the 6 range for 3 reps that is my current personal record. which was only a few weeks ago..
Last night I about KILLED myself doing 405 for 6.. I felt I was giving it 110% and stopped on 6 because I barely got it and was rolling up on to my toes so I knew I was pushing the envelope..

I was pissed but i'm a little sore today which I guess is good but it was interesting to me how big a difference just being in a down mood made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 12:25 PM
phil-osepher

you are totally correct. You do have to be in the right frame of mind, and I guess there will always be those days where you feel like shit, or you are yawning between sets....

I've never tried working out with headphones on, I guess I thought they would get in the way, plus you have to have an MP3 player on your person as well. What do you use?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 02:26 PM

I would agree with that. I hate those days because no matter how hard you try something is missing. I always feel like I wasted my time, but it is better than sitting home watching TV. BTW I use an iPod Shuffle, I love it. If anything can change my mood it is my tunes.

Last edited by Jakl98; 04-11-2006 at 02:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

I used to ALWAYS train with music it really helps. The last year I have been training with a partner who didn't bring music so I left mine behind. It really doesn't get in the way too much just wear a gay little fanny back and put it on your left or right hip then route the wire under your shirt so its not dangling around and ripping the ear buds from your ears every 5 minutes.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Dude listening to Rob Zombie or Disturbed pumps you up. I start pacing lol between sets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode