Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

I almost threw up

So yesterday I started back working out.....amazing how it goes in cycles eh? I've taken about a month and a half off, maybe a little more. Finishing up school, starting new position at work and other things (golf) have just kept me busy.

Yesterday I joined a KICK ASS gym by my new work location. Its in what used to be a mechanic's shop I think. They raise 2 garage doors to let fresh air in (no AC...SWEAT baby!), Lots of free weight equipment, including real stuff like squat racks. The have a loud radio blaring non-politically correct music, and posters on the wall that say "Train hard or get the fuck out." It's basically a guys gym, although there are 2 treadmills and elliptical machines. Much better than the Gold's Gym social scene that I hate.

Anyways, so I pushed a little too hard yesterday after my time off. I have lost a little, but not that much and it will come back quickly. The plan was chest and tri's, but towards the end of chest I was feeling like my stomach hurt. I was sweating my ass off and doing abs too. I think I tried to do too much on the first day. I felt like I wanted to hurl, so I just had to be a bitch and leave.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 05:03 AM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
damn straight that's a bitch effort

you aren't working hard enough if you don't get a least a little bile with every workout

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 11:28 AM

I did that once. I had been working out like mad for months so I am on top of my game. My tiny wife says, “hey you need to check this toning class out, it will kick your ass!” HA! You don’t know who you are talking to woman, you’re on! I made it all the way through the class but I wanted to crawl out of there. I found a nice quiet spot by an empty racquetball court and lay there for the next 15 min.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 02:13 PM

A couple years back I went to Central America (Guatemala to be specific). I checked out a local gym to get a workout in and lifted like a mad man. At the end of my workout I just about had to run to the restroom and then I threw up. I couldn't figure it out for a second then it dawned on me why I even had trouble working out that day, elevation, it was almost 8k above sea level. Man did I have a headake for about 1hr after that and I didn't workout the rest of my trip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode