Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Gotta drop some lbs

Decided to do this with the wife. Her office is having a contest for employees and their spouses to see who can lose the most combined weight. Got weighed in today at 222.5 lbs. Not sure how long this is going to run for, but I guess I better start making some improvements. First off, I know I need to stop drinking soda. I only drink it at work, rarely ever at home. But that still adds up to 9-10 Pepsi's a week of empty calories. I might have access to a gym in a few weeks, but not at the moment.

Any advice? Eventually I'd like to get back into lifting, but for the moment, I need to concentrate on eating better and losing a few pounds. Is there a right place to start?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 12:11 AM

I need to lose some weighs too... no seriously... I'm having this problem that only my belly is gaining the weighs that I actually wanted for the rest of my body...
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 09:17 AM

Its called age...happens to everyone...I love it when I get college students working for me that think they can eat whatever they want. I used to be that way...No excersize a whole pizza for dinner and stay thin.

Then at 30 things changed...at 35 it got worse...now almost 40 and I cant eat a damn thing without gaining weight it seems like. Its not hard to maintain by watching what I eat but basically no fried foods, no grease, no starch, no pop and then with a bit of excersize I can loose a little weight. Totally sucks to miss out on all that great food...I love cooking and eating..

Oh well in the past month I have put about an inch on my arms and lots 2 around the midsection and dropped 5lbs. Typically I go on crash diets and drop the weight fast but it always comes back. This time I am trying to convert it to muscle. I am sure it would be alot easier if I had a trainer or went to the gymn but I am just lifting free weights at home...doing sit-ups... crunches. I started riding my bicycle, rollerblading, and playing some basketball again.

Being a Sys Admin its so easy to slack off and not do anything because doing it right means 1/2 your night is filled with excersize. Its easy to tell yourself theres better things to do... but I know I just have to stick with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 12:17 PM
FAsT BOYS

eat clean whole foods, chicken steak etc stay lower on the carbs drink 1/2 gallon of green tea a day and hydrate hydrate hydrate
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
i gotta cut 15 llbs.... Really quick lol before my fights... Yeah i know eat clean and all that shit but im built to be 205lb+

Im going to burn all the water weight outta my system... run in a sweat suit, sauna, and bicycle. Alot of fighters do it and YES I KNOW ITS BAD FOR YOU.
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 12:34 PM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
eat right and run

eating right is important to not gain weight but you actually need to do cardio to lose weight..

Last edited by walker; 08-05-2006 at 01:37 PM.
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Yeah....I can do the chicken and beef pretty easy. We eat those often enough now. Just need to substitute more of that instead of the occasional pizza or other less healthy meal.
Running I can do. I just have to get back into the habit. Are there any other cardio exercises that can be done at home without the benefit of a home gym?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 02:57 PM
FAsT BOYS

side stratlle hop
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by snair View Post
side stratlle hop
WTF is that?

post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post
WTF is that?

post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post

Looks like a jumping jack to me....

post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post
Looks like a jumping jack to me....
According to this dictionary... it is a jumping jack...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/side-straddle+hop

post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 05:17 PM
FAsT BOYS

haha it is, when i went into the army i never understood why they didnt just call it that
post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 09:11 AM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
lol snair. damn side straddle hop. do 200 in a row. sucks.
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Ask the Chief

200? that's useless.

try doing 50 8-count body builders....hehe.

8-count exercise....

1- crouch down
2- legs back into push up position
3- pushup down
4- pushup up
5- in pushup up position, spread legs apart
6- legs back together
7- legs in, back into a crouch position
8- stand up (count 1)

do again.

usually, you'll get stuck on 3, 4 for awhile....3 4 3 4 3 4 3 4...gotta love that.

post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
200? that's useless.

8-count exercise....

1- crouch down
3- pushup down
4- pushup up
6- legs back together
8- stand up (count 1)

do again.

usually, you'll get stuck on 3, 4 for awhile....3 4 3 4 3 4 3 4...gotta love that.
err... can you post a demonstrating video... it would definitely help us understand how to do this 8-count thing... :1poke

:
post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 02:22 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I can give you the diet I did when I was wrestling...

1cup of rice with margarine, excercise 2 times a day for 2 hours in 2 pairs of sweats and 2 sweatshirts...

you drop weight fast...

and you almost kill everyone around you from being cranky

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
200? that's useless.

8-count exercise....

1- crouch down
3- pushup down
4- pushup up
6- legs back together
8- stand up (count 1)

do again.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I used to do a variation of that. The one I did included a jumping-jack when in standing position, then back down; but not the spread legs part in push-up position. I bet 50 of those would get the heart pumping

And Rinn, no thanks. I want to lose some weight, not go postal on half the city.

post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Well it's been 2 days with no soda. I'm getting caffeine withdrawl headaches though, lol. I switched to Crystal light type stuff....no calories, no carbs, no sugar additive that makes plain water taste a little better.
Started walking a bit today also. Not much, maybe like a mile or so pushing my daughter on her trike, but I figure I gotta start somewhere. I'm thinking within a week to start jogging it, then after another week upping the distance.
After I get home I'm going to try a couple exercises to keep the heartrate up longer. Besides jumping jacks and the one Firehawk mentioned above, do you guys know any other cardio type things to do that don't include buying equipment for?

post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 10:52 PM
No Crying Allowed

Go buy a bicycle........... he he

That's my plan if it ever cools off here enought to ride it..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode