Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Endurance

Ok so at the end of the season i am doing the 4 hour endurance with a few buddie of mine. I'd like to start training now if possible, but have no idea where to start. I need to be able to ride at 'pace' for a long time. What excersises should i do to get more endurance ?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
running would be the first step. get to where you can run 3 miles per day everyday...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 10:57 AM

I'd have to agree an endurance race is just processing oxygen. I would start working your way up to training at however long you're supposed to ride then add 50% to that. So if you have to ride straight for 60 minutes you should be running or cycling for 90 minutes. You should start at a level that you can complete 90 minutes then increase the work load each time. if you run 6 miles in 90 minutes the first time then shoot for 6.10 the next time. I would probably try to keep running down to 1x a week then maybe cycle 2x a week. On your off days if you feel well do some active rest like walking at a moderate pace for 30 minutes or just stretching really well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 04:34 PM

maybe you can add pull-up bar hanging as your last exercise... just hang til failure and do several sets. wouldnt hurt to build strength and endurance to your grip.. and breathing exercise.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 07:12 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Yoga so you don't cramp up

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 01:04 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
yes running...

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 12:59 AM

take N.O Xplode and cycle your ass off. Ride at a cadance of say 100rpm in a tall gear for at least 2 hours. Do this 3 times a week.

I race 6, 8, 12 and 24 hour XC Mountain Bike events 9 times a year and that's all I do. N.O Xplode and WPI afterbig training and WPI during the long races.

Last edited by Uncle Petrol; 08-11-2007 at 01:02 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 08:49 AM
I dont inhale

I did an endurance race a few years bike and I used a stationary bike as my number one training tool.

I looked at it as when your racing you have short bursts when you crank it up with time to rest in between. I used my heart rate as a gauge because when you are racing those of us not named rossi really get our hr up when battling with someone

what i did was i would find the pace that kept my hr around 130 and crusie there for a few minutes till i fellt good and warm, then I would blast my hr up to 160 and hold it there for 1 min. Slow down till your hr gets back to 130 and blast it back up to 160 and hold again. What youll find is a couple things:

as you do this it will take less time to warm up. When you do cardio the first couple minutes always seem hard then your body loosens up and you get like a second wind. That second wind will come preety quick once you train a while.

your HR will respond much faster as you train like this, both up and down, so you can respond better to high intensity conditions and you recover quicker. I would do this for 45-60 minutes at a time because I knew I would be doing a 40+ minute stint

i started about 4 months before the race. In the race I ran 22 laps in a row almost all within the the same .5 second so it deff worked. The only reason I came in was the gas light came on other wise I could have went 20 more

good luck, I though it was a blast doing the endurance race

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode