Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
meals

my brother wants to get into working out more and get more into it. he's 230 at 5'10" and benching 330, sqaut, 430, deadlift 480

he's 19 also and taking NOTHING.

going to get him on gnc multi vitamins, easy to get and easy to take and fairly cheap.

meals he's having a hell of a time w/. he eats tuna in a can, eggs cooked, oatmeal every morning, 1gallon of milk a day, pancakes, 3 shakes with two scoops in them of whey protein. what other good meals would you recommend stone? i know fish fillets, steak, hamburger, chili, lost of veggies.

also remember he's going to college and it's his first year so he's not loaded LOL looking for economical feeding solutions

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 01:01 PM

Corey,
It is difficult to find economical ways to eat probably the best advice I can give is to keep an eye on the circulars that go out from the local grocery stores and when they have chicken breast, ground beef, fish, or steaks on sale go pick them up. Things like Rice, veggies, canned tuna, and things like this really dont go on sale much so you can get these on a weekly basis or whatever but for meat you can save substantially if you wait until one goes on sale then you buy as much as you can.

As for meals this is just up to your taste and creativity. a few quick meals that I like to make up (and you can change these to your liking.

1. fried rice
8oz chicken (weighed before cooking)
1 cup rice (measured after cooking)
2 egg whites
Optional (onions, bean sprouts, mushrooms pretty much anything you want in there)

Stove Top set to 6 out of 10
Sautee the chicken in olive oil until its JUST white all the way through then slide it to one side of the pan and throw on any veggies ontop of the meat. Dump the egg whites on the clear side of the pan. let the Egg whites cook until 80% done then stir everything together for a little bit more. bang your done. This is easy to do on a mass scale too if you have a big wok or something.

Turkey Burger (or beef burger) cassarole:
Dump 1lb turkey burger into big wok or sauce pan, then dump any frozen veggies in with it, I like Corn and broccoli the best. Italian seasoning is really good with this. just keep stiring and cooking until the meat is cooked thoroughly. Stir in some tomato sauce and you're done.

Yams (my very favorite)
Yams
I cant believe its not butter spray
Cinnamon
Splenda

Bake yams wrapped in foil for 60 minutes @ 400F
Let yams cool enough so you can handle them and then slough the skins off.
Dump all the skinned yams into big bowl
sprinkle some cinnamon, splenda and a little splash of the butter into the bowl.
Mix everything up really well then measure out 8oz into zip lock baggies.
To eat you just bite off one corner of the bag and squeeze the moosh into your mouth MMmmm so good.

Red potatoes and wheat germ (sounds weird I know)
Cook potatoes however you like bake/boiled whatever
Mash oz red potatoes and 1 big tablespoon together. Give a little spritz of I cant believe its not butter and thats it.

Applesauce pie
1 cup applesauce, sprinkle of cherry crystal light, 1 large tablespoon wheat germ. mix all together and eat.

I have to admit I dont have many "recipes" things are pretty simple. just chicken and green beans or steak and yams stuff like that. hopefully this will help a little.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

well to start off i've dropped all pop from my diet. now taking a large thermos of coffee to work in the morning. this is HUGE for me. in time i'll swap it to green tea, but right now i'm on caffein headaches and tea doesn't have enough to stop those. from no pop i now have LOTS more energy...tons more

i ate steak and cole slaw tonight. taking 3 shakes of protein per day and one small scoop of creatine, glutamine, and taurine per day. also taking cla, gnc multi vitamin, and amino acids everyday.

btw all a little tip...put olive oil in your protein shakes. helps you shit and very healthy.

after my first day of lifting leggs i couldn't walk normal for 3 days. i'm now going into my 2nd week...

monday: pull day
1. lat pull downs
2. bicept curls
3. bent over rows

wed: leg day
1. leg press
2. dead lift
3. DC calf ext on leg press

fri: push day
1. flat bench
2. close grip bench
3. shoulder press

i do 2 sets of warm up at half weight and 10 reps. then 2 sets till FAILURE after that. total workout time is about 40-60 min. should keep cortisol levels low and still give me a good workout. done this before with awesome results.

am i missing any bodyparts stone? BTW **very important* i never go till failure on deadlift AND DON'T RECOMMEND IT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 04:56 AM
I dont inhale

just a couple things green tea has more caffine than coffe or soda and has supposed other health benefits, what i do is use my coffee maker, just put the water in the pot add 2-3 tea bags depending on their size and set it to turn on during the night , by morning its brewed and cooled off, now i put it in a big water bottle and have green tea to take with me, lasts me till about noon

if the olive oil in your shakes is working cool, if not dont be afraid to add a bowel of all bran, its not that bad and of the total carbs of 25g , 14 grams are fiber with no sugar, so its not bad as far as thats concerned

and check out my bean and chicken recipee in one of the other sections its cheap with lots of protein and fiber

here you go i cut and pasted

oatmeal, not instant oatmeal, real oatmeal, follow the directions, use water or `1% milk, when its cooked add a scoop of natural peanut butter, if your not going to eat for a while this one will stick with you

this one is a staple for me, 1 can goya small red or black beans, 1 small can chicken ( dont buy the really cheap stuff its nasty), drain them both well put into small deep pan, not large flat pan it will dry them out, add a little olive oil, season, i use larry's garlic salt, 1/2 packet of sazon ( its in the spanish section, its in a orange like box, it rocks, on meat to), black pepper, crushed red pepper, lilttle of your favorite hot sauce, a few olives, cover pot, put on high until it comes to a good boil for 30 seconds, stir, reduce heat to low, let simmer for 10 minutes, turn off, stir, let sit for a couple minutes and serve, makes 2 servings

also remember spicy foods, kick up your metaboliam for a while after you eat them, and so does cold water

btw benching 330, sqaut, 430, deadlift 480, damn thats some weight

Last edited by vcyclenut; 08-23-2006 at 05:02 AM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 05:20 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Geez guys, food sounds good. Stone I never realised Thai would have an impact like that...chillies etc

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

damn good info on the green tea/coffee maker vcyclenut...that's brilliant!

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 01:56 PM
I dont inhale

cool, glad i could help

35 years of trying to no let my italian heritage show in my wasteline, which im not totally succesful, but you learn a few tricks

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

stone my lifting routine look like i'm hitting all the muscles?

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 11:44 AM

monday: pull day
1. lat pull downs
2. Bent over rows
3. Dead lift
4. bicep curls
5. 3 sets abs

Wed: push day
1. incline bench
2. close grip bench
3. shoulder press
4. lateral raise

Fri: leg day
1. leg press
2. lunges
3. Leg curl
4. DC calf ext on leg press
5. 3 sets abs

Try this way tell me what you think. Doing a back day then a leg day is tough you use so much back on leg day your lower back is going to take a hammering.

WHen you've done this routine for 2 more weeks lets increase the volume a little bit.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

yah i will...i didn't lift today since i did yesterday. so tomorrow i'm going to do my pull day, then i'll move over to that routine and see how things go. yah high volume might be good with a little less intensity. i want to be decently big, but also toned.

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 11:20 PM

Lets not do high volume but lets just increase the volume you're at a pretty low volume level right now.
The toning is going to be 90% diet. doing a little more work in the gym will help but what you do in the kitchen will make it or break it.
but remember easy does it when starting a routine there is no faster way to burning yourself out and quitting than to go balls to the wall from day one.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

f'n went to work out since i didn't on friday. school gym is closed as is the only other one in town going to have to lift now on sunday to finish up my weekly routine. damn school gym. who closes a gym cause the carpet is wet LOL

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 03:55 PM

Could any of you do this?

Had a 40 year old female client do 500 lunges hold a 20lb barbell over hear head.

10 sets of 50 lunges.

Oh yeah and she has mild cerebral palsy so she has about 60% use of her left side.

See if you guys could do it.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

my weights are going up. back is killing me though...pretty dang sore so i'm lowering my weights on deadlift down to 135 for 10 doing 4 sets. also met a guy close to the size of stone who has given me a few tips. like not doing shrugs at the top of deadlifts as it's hard on the rotator, he said just to lock out. you agree stone?

anyway, i'll get pics of me soon i'm getting in shape quickly

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 02:07 PM

Yeah I dont shrug when doing deads just up and I lean back a little bit to pinch the back a little more but powerlifters aren't big fans of that.
Start slow because when you go to heavy and start to roll your back when you pull you're going to hurt yourself. If your lower back is sore the next day thats fine it doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong but jsut make sure when you are deadlifting you aren't rolling your back.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

yah, i always watch for rolling my back. i'll just lock out then like you're describing

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 07:52 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
yer, i don't shrug, i just squeeze my shoulderblades together

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

did something dante recommends every now and then. instead of doing my 2 warm up sets then my 1k pound leg presses i went at half weight and attempted 50 reps. OMG. only got to 30. by the time i hit 18 i was doing 2 to 3 at a time. talk about a burn from hell...

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

btw all my weights have gone up a good bit and my wasteline has shrunk 2 inches according to my pants sizes. another 1" to go on the waste and i'll be back at my prime waste size back when i had a 6 pack.

huge thanks to stone for putting up w/ my dumbass questions at times. i consider myself very knowledgeable in this area, but i'm open to all suggestions (even morons in the gym), but damn are we lucky to have stone and his advice. damn guy is an encylopedia of knowledge in this area and if he doesn't know the answer he'll know where to get it

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 08:28 PM

aww shucks cor.
Good gains man you are very knowledgable I've just been in the game a little deeper so I know a few tricks here and there.
You have the work ethic down thats by far the hardest part just keep at it!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode