Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

H-a-r-d-c-o-r-e

So, Im 1 week into my new training routine. This is probably the toughest training I have ever done. Im following the routine about 90%, since I dont have some equipment (rope to climb) and some other misc stuff. I do have access to a gym (for light days), access to a pool, and all the gear necessary for running and ruck marches.

This is the same routine that is recommended for those getting ready to attend Special Forces training. Ive never done so much in 1 day. I look forward to "light" days where I can go to the gym...lol Just today I woke up and ran, then swam, and this evening went for a ruckmarch.

If you PS my face I will hunt you down and murderize you

Here is the first few weeks of the routine:
(keep in mind only hard training days are listed. These are done every other day. "light" days are in between hard days, and I can go to the gym and stuff at that time...)

. Week 1. (Only hard workout days are listed here. Make up your own workouts on your
“easy” days.)
(1) Day 1: See what you can do. Do the best you can do.
(a) APFT (maximum performance in all events, see what you can do).
(b) One hundred-meter swim (nonstop, any stroke, do not touch the side or bottom of the
pool).
(c) Forced march with 30-pound rucksack, 3 miles in 45 minutes (along a road) or 1 hour if
cross-country. (Wear well broken-in boots with thick socks.)
(2) Day 2:
(a) Three sets of push-ups (maximum repetitions in one-half minute period).
(b) Three-mile run (moderate 8- to 9-minute mile pace).
(c) Rope climb or three sets of pull-ups (as many as you can do).
(d) Forced march with 30-pound rucksack, 5 miles in 1 hour and 15 minutes (along a road) or
1 hour and 40 minutes (cross-country).
(3) Day 3: Forced march with 30-pound rucksack, 5 miles in 1 hour and 15 minutes (along
the road) or 1 hour and 40 minutes (cross-country).

Week 2.
(1) Day 1: Repeat of day 3, week 1 (forced march), extend distance to 8 miles with 35-
pound rucksack in 2 hours (along a road) or 2 hours and 40 minutes (cross-country).
(2) Day 2:
(a) Three sets of push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups (maximum repetitions in 35-second period three
times).
(b) Run 5 miles (moderate 8- to 9-minute mile pace).
(c) Three sets of squats with 35-pound rucksack (50 each set). Go down only to the point
where the upper and lower leg forms a 90-degree bend at knee.
(3) Day 3: Forced march with 35-pound rucksack, 10 miles in 3 hours (along a road) or 4
hours (cross-country).

Week 3.
(1) Day 1:
(a) Four sets of push-ups, pull-ups, and sit-ups (maximum repetitions in 40-second period).
(b) Run 4 miles (fast to moderate 7- to 8-minute mile pace.)
(c) Four sets of squats with 40-pound rucksack.
(2) Day 2: Forced march 12 miles with 40-pound rucksack in 4 hours (along a road) or 4
hours and 40 minutes (cross-country).
(3) Day 3:
(a) Four sets of push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups (maximum repetitions in 45-second period).
(b) Run 6 miles (fast to moderate 7- to 8-minute pace).
(c) Four sets of squats with 40-pound rucksack.

Week 4.

(1) Day 1: Forced march 14 miles with 50-pound rucksack in 4 hours (along a road) or 4
hours and 40 minutes (cross-country).
(2) Day 2:
(a) Four sets of push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups (maximum repetitions in 1-minute period).
(b) Run 6 miles (fast to moderate 7- to 8-minute mile pace).
(c) Four sets of squats with 50-pound rucksack.
(3) Day 3: Forced march 18 miles with 50-pound rucksack in 4 hours and 45 minutes (along
a road) or 6 hours (cross-country).

Week 5.

(1) Day 1:
(a) Run 3 miles (fast 6- to 7-minute mile pace).
(b) Five hundred-meter swim (nonstop, any stroke, but not on your back).
(2) Day 2: APFT. You should be able to achieve a score of at least 240 (minimum of 70
points in any one event) in the 17 to 21 year age limit. If not, work out harder.
(3) Day 3: Forced march 18 miles with 50-pound rucksack in 4 hours and 30 minutes (along
a road) or 6 hours (cross-country).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 05:38 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn

you don't know where I live.... muahahahaa...

but you are serously insane.. .why the crazy routine?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Damn man....that's torturous. Definately a routine only for the most commited (or soon to be committed, lol) Hope you can stick with it, you'll be in awesome shape. Don't let that bum leg slow you down.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

thanks for the motivation guys. Yea, the leg is feeling better. It's crazy, I can march on it, jog on it, swim...... But I know if I were to try and sprint now it would re-injure itself. So, I have to stay away from quick movements for a while.

If I can make it into week 4 successfully, I'll be home free. More updates to follow! In addition to the routine, I'm back to drinking an assload of water, eating fruits and yogurt and crap. Nice...

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:00 PM
No Crying Allowed

Awesome bro, that takes some dedication and I admire you for that........ especially if you are doing this just for the fun of it....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:04 PM

thats tough. be really careful with the leg if you aren't getting proper nutrition you'll start to wear yourself down and your leg will be the first thing to go.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:15 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
thanks for the motivation guys. Yea, the leg is feeling better. It's crazy, I can march on it, jog on it, swim...... But I know if I were to try and sprint now it would re-injure itself. So, I have to stay away from quick movements for a while.

If I can make it into week 4 successfully, I'll be home free. More updates to follow! In addition to the routine, I'm back to drinking an assload of water, eating fruits and yogurt and crap. Nice...

so no more bud light and rum??

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONE View Post
thats tough. be really careful with the leg if you aren't getting proper nutrition you'll start to wear yourself down and your leg will be the first thing to go.
I'm starting to notice this already

Because of the intesity of the routine, and the fact that i'm exercising morning and afternoon, my body is getting tired. Last night my weight routine was good, but I could feel all the roadmarching and swimming. This morning, halfway through my run, my body started to say FUCK THIS MAN. I finished, but I have a 4 to 5 mile roadmarch this evening.

I read Corey's thread on meals, and there is good info in there. I'm not taking any suppliments, but the question is are there foods I should be eating to keep my body able to recover and do the next routine? I'm currently eating bananas and yogurt throughout the day for snacks, usually some soup and salad during lunch (Olive Garden), and a meat and starch in the evening. I really can't work the whole Eat 8 meals a day thing in, my work schedule wont allow it. So, should I be pounding jars of peanut butter too?

Just want to be able to continue at a high level!

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 11:04 AM

YOu need lots of vegetables, meats, healthy fats, and carbs (in short everything)
This is a killer routine to start out with balls out. Yoru body isn't used to having to recover from this sort of abuse I would take 2 days off completely then start up at 50% of the routine. the next week do 60%.
If this routine is really the recommended training program for the Special Forces I doubt ANYONE could jump right in and go at 100%. YOu'll start going backwards if you aren't careful.

Keep us updated please.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 11:51 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
I have the Australian SAS lead-up training routine if you're interested in having a look at it Knee? Well, here's the link for you to check it out PAIN

One thing though, I hope you aren't thinking about joining up with these guys.:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Redneck Special Forces.jpg (68.3 KB, 5 views)

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM

Last edited by Warp Racer; 08-25-2006 at 12:13 PM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 12:39 PM

SOme is queer LOL!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
I have the Australian SAS lead-up training routine if you're interested in having a look at it Knee? Well, here's the link for you to check it out PAIN

One thing though, I hope you aren't thinking about joining up with these guys.:
OMG that is farking funny!

Actually, I think I've pushed too far, or my pussy hurts. Today's roadmarch left me with giant blisters on the back of both heels, and on the bottom. Pain is my friend, but damn these hurt

Off to the gym now, for some weights. I actually feel much better, more in shape. I must have sweat buckets today, it was SOOOO humid. Every piece of clothing I have was soaked. I had my daughter riding her bike alongside me though, handing me water.

I'm laying off the roadmarching, maybe only twice a week. I wont run tomorrow so my feet can heal up, but tuesday it's on once again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode