Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Need to lose about 15 pounds in 2 months!!!

My family are going to start dieting this month and we are putting in 50 bucks each. the one that loses the most percent weight will get the money. Does anyone have a diet and workout they would recommend to help me out with this. i am 5'9 and 180lbs. i am in decent shape just want to lose the spare tire. i have my own workout room but just cant find the time to get in it. i hope this will get me back into working out. Any help would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 12:47 AM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Do lots and lots of cardio.. Lay off all the greasy oily foods. Get your ass into the gym and do not say theres no time. I go full time college, then go straight to work where I work 35 hrs a week and still train 6 hrs+ for cagefighting as well as 2 hrs for weights...

You can loose 20lbs in 2 weeks but it depends on you.. I mean you gotta burn that access fat which means you gotta run atleast 30 mins a day and even more. Lift to tone up your body get rid of excess fat and tighten up them arms and legs.

Best advice is eat right, run and lift hard. Stone would be able to tell you a perfect diet. You could cut out all your carbs, friend did that and lost 20 lbs in less then a month and half but he did work out.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 01:47 AM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
if you're trying to lose weight quickly, don't bother with lifting

i'd just ride your pushbike to and from work and run at lunchtime... then do something different like swimming on the weekend..

two weeks is a bit of a silly timeframe for weight loss, as there is a bunch of nasty stuff you can do to yourself short term to lose weight... most of it will give you nothing in long term benefits though

prejudices are what fools use for reason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

i just want to lose it in about 2 months. that should not be hard. i just have to change my eating habits. theres plenty of time its just getting off my ass and doing it i guess. i have started running about 25 minutes aday and i started yesterday on the diet. What is your suggesttion stone.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 02:03 AM

How about 2 hours? Liposuction.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 06:08 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
looks liek a trend is happening

might need some sitcky write ups in this section soon

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 10:36 PM
Faster and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat View Post
if you're trying to lose weight quickly, don't bother with lifting

i'd just ride your pushbike to and from work and run at lunchtime... then do something different like swimming on the weekend..

two weeks is a bit of a silly timeframe for weight loss, as there is a bunch of nasty stuff you can do to yourself short term to lose weight... most of it will give you nothing in long term benefits though

HOw can you say not to lift?? I lifted during my two months and dropped 20 lbs easily? You burn all that excess fat. He also said 2 months not 2 weeks.....

Nothing is better then a good diet and excercising. I have shot of lots of weight due to lifting.. and when I mean lifting, i mean pushing your self to the limit where you cant go anymore.

Theres other ways to beat the system... yeah they arent healthy but cagefighters do it.. Get in a sweat suit, get on the bike, run, and go in the sauna.. Some fighters drop a good 20-40 lbs within a week... you loose all the water weight lol... Ill be doing it when I start fighting but ill only be dropping a good 20lbs or even less..
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Faster and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeuu View Post
i just want to lose it in about 2 months. that should not be hard. i just have to change my eating habits. theres plenty of time its just getting off my ass and doing it i guess. i have started running about 25 minutes aday and i started yesterday on the diet. What is your suggesttion stone.

Increase your running to about 45 mins+. When you run for 25 mins your body is just hitting the stage where it starts to burn fat. 15-20 mins is when your body warms up and anything after that it starts to burn the fat. Which means you only did 5 mins of burn. My personal opinion run on the streets, if you run on a treadmill you wont get the same effects. Also go to your local highschool stadium and run some stairs.... you want to feel burn have fun on the stairs.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 10:43 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
HOw can you say not to lift?? I lifted during my two months and dropped 20 lbs easily? You burn all that excess fat. He also said 2 months not 2 weeks.....
if you're looking at pure numbers on the scales, lifting will chew fat, but add weight

running and other cardio won't increase muscle bulk much, and will therefore result in lower weight

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

i going to run longer just started out slow next week i will move up to 45 min. let you guys know the end result at the end of october. thanks for all the reply's. Keep the meal ideas coming.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 04:02 AM
Faster and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat View Post
if you're looking at pure numbers on the scales, lifting will chew fat, but add weight

running and other cardio won't increase muscle bulk much, and will therefore result in lower weight
yeah it will burn fat and yeah it will create more muscle but it deffinately works. I have lost 20lbs just on weights... I shot off some much extra fat.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 04:39 AM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
I'm starting a High protein low carb diet this weekend. I run about 4-5 miles every other day.. push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups on offset days and sit-up + leg lifts everyday.

Just came off an injury.. and couldn't really move around much for 4 months. I'm trying to loose 20lbs of beer.

good luck smokeuu
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 03:30 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
You be the one doing the sucktion right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
How about 2 hours? Liposuction.

Do some MTB

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 10:01 PM

No sugar... lose processed foods.
Watch carb intake and eat more smaller meals.
Be active 3 times a week (sweat good), or more is time permits.

I dropped 30 this way...

My mods are ghey...
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post

Theres other ways to beat the system... yeah they arent healthy but cagefighters do it.. Get in a sweat suit, get on the bike, run, and go in the sauna.. Some fighters drop a good 20-40 lbs within a week... you loose all the water weight lol... Ill be doing it when I start fighting but ill only be dropping a good 20lbs or even less..
Hellbound try not to do this. the body does a lot of funky things when it is performing in a high heat environment. for one it starts to pull more from glycogen (carbohydrate) stores instead of fat so you're using your more precious fuel that you will need to fight. I know fighters, wrestlers etc have done it forever but that doesn't mean its right. If you want to lose weight just sit in the sauna to lose water weight. Dont excercise where the body cant cool itself correctly.

Also, why dont you stay on a clean diet in the offseason so you have to drop maybe 5-10lbs.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

been little over a week now and i have cut my food portions down, cut out pop and have moved to 30 minutes of cardio and weights every other day and i am down 8pounds so far.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
no beer lots of sex with mulitpule partners(cause who likes to fuck a fatty) and eat only taco bell (cause your body will reject that shitty food and you will poop alot and get rid of the nastyness)

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
other than that cut out the beer and the carbs and take a supplement like xantrex-3 and you will lose quickly that last 7 lbs and drink lots of water. When yout lose the desired weight you have to make sure you keep eating right and stop the large portions of food and you will lose the ability to eat large portions and feel full. And working out is key to tuneing your body and just think of all the hotties you can have whne you have the confidence in your new look.

Now people (like the work out kings here on the forum will tell you different) but if you want to lose weight fast do what I have told you and to maintain the weight off than cardio is the best workout you can do. Running walking and keeping your heart rate up for over 30 minuites and it will (the fat) will just burn away.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

UPDATE: I am down 17 pounds and all i did was cut out the pop,fast foods and portions. 3 days left before weigh in and i have been doing about 45 minutes on the stairmaster and treadmill this last week and i think i will make the 160 mark. just where i want to be. More mods for the bike if i win the money.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 12:28 PM

great job smoke!! how do you feel? I bet you feel pretty good cutting out the crap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode