Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

good suplement for weight gain

hey guys, i would want to let every1 that is trying to gain weight like myself to try out TRUE MASS from BSN. i have tried many diff brand for many times, but i have never been able to see any difference. i have drank all those freaking thick shakes that taste like cardboards.

i think that this TRUE MASS is the best ever, and i tell you why.
1- the serving sizes is just 3 scoops, compare to others 5-6 scoops.
2- you get 626 calories per serving
3- it doesn't taste bad, and its not thick at all. its easy to drink
4- and i gain 15lbs of mass in 2 months, i hate 3 times a day, and had 2 serving of TRUE MASS a day. and i worked-out bout 5 days a week.

i copy and paste from a web site the followin specs

True Mass is an ultra premium protein powder designed to effectively support and enhance:

• Higher caloric intake in order to maximize Lean Mass Accrual
• Long term sustained Increases in Muscle and Blood Amino Acid Levels
• True Mass will enhance optimal rates of muscle protein synthesis, or anabolism (creation of New Muscle Tissue)
• True Mass will prompt recovery and repair of damaged muscle tissue caused during intense exercise sessions
• Maximum glycogen loading from carbohydrate blends

Unlike other lesser mass builders, True Mass contains absololutely no hormones, creatine, stimulants, or aspartame compounds. Rich in BCAA's and other highly essential and non-essential Amino Acids, True Mass contains more than adequate amounts of every amino acid you require to maximize your muscular gains. Formulated using BSN's Exclusive Advanced Flavor Technology, True Mass is a breakthrough in flavor technology that beautifully replicates and surpasses some of the most mouthwatering shakes you have ever tasted. True Mass is available in Chocolate, Vanilla Ice Cream and Strawberry 5.75 lbs

True Mass has been biochemically formulated to specifically address three major segments of the BSN Supplement Pyramid:

• Nutritional Support
• Muscular Support
• Weight Management Support

Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 3 Scoops (145g)
Servings Per Container: 18

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 626
Calories 140
Total Fat 15.5g 24%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 110mg 37%
Sodium 260mg 11%
Potassium 410mg 12%
Total Carbohydrates 75.mg 25%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Sugars 13.5g
Protein 46g

Vitamin A 5000iu 100%
Vitamin C 60mg 100%
Calcium 250mg 25%
Iron 18mg 100%
Vitamin D 400iu 100%
Vitamin E 30iu 100%
Thiamine 1.5mg 100%
Riboflavin 1.7mg 100%
Niacin 20mg 100%
Vitamin B6 2mg 100mg
Folic Acid 400mcg 100%
Vitamin B12 6mcg 100%
Biotin 300mcg 100%
Panothenic Acid 10mg 100%
Iodine 150mcg 18%
Zinc 15mg 100%
Copper 2mg 100%

Ingredients:
A Sustained release ultra premium protein matrix comprised (ultrafiltered whey protein concenrate rich in alpha-lactalbumin, microfiltered whey protein isolate rich in whey isolate peptide fractions, calcium caseinate, micellar alpha and beta caseins and glutamine peptides and glutamine AKG, l-leucine, l-isoleucine, and l-valine), maltodextrin, dutch processed cocoa powder, richmix sunflower powder, litesse II polydextrose, natural and artificial flavors, nutrisperse mct powder consisting of (medium chain tryglycerides), Vitamin and Mineral Blend, cellulose gum, xantham gum, gaur gum, gum acadia, acesulfame potassium sucralose, lecithin (soy), aminogen and paptain. Allergen warning: manufactured on equipment that processes products containing milk, egg, soybean, shellfish, fish oil, tree nuts and peanut flavor.

i know i sound like im kissin azz, but it worked 4 me. and it may work 4 you guys also. i was 140lbs and now im 165lbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:03 PM

Even better supplement for weight gain

+

+

+

+

+

=

Last edited by STONE; 09-10-2006 at 12:12 PM.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:12 PM

Just so everyone knows BSN was one of the companies we stopped carrying at Custom Fit Nutrition because the product in the bottle never lived up to the label claims.

look closer at the ingedients. the first ingredient is WHey protein concentrate. The cheapest form of protein. Of course they have isolate listed also but its listed after the concentrate becuase there is probably 5% isolate. Concentate isn't bad its what I use when I use a protein powder but its higher in lactose and fat.

Glutamine peptides are supposed to be really good since the free form L-glutamine is hoarded by the gut. Despite limited relavent research I use a mix of free form and the bonded (peptides) so this is good that its added. I doubt its in this product in sufficient amounts. I would like to see how many grams of each. A lot of companies just list the amount of glutamic acid which is one of the amino acids found in whey proteins. Concentrate doesn't have that much its usually about 3000mg per 25g and even then glutamic acid is not L-Glutamine.

AKG: Alpha Keto Glutarate (sp?) The big "pump" builder that is all the rage. you feel your little muscles fill up with blood and you think you're huge. ONly problem is.. it does jack for any real muscle accretion. It does temporarily lead to increased cytoplasmic hypertrophy (liquid in between the muscle fibers) but this comes and goes very easily. Myofibril hypertrophy is real muscle growth. the myofibrils as you probably guessed are the actual muscle tissues strands. when you beat them up they respond by rebuilding themselves and then some. AKG does nothing for this. This is why Glutamine is still around after YEARS because it actually does help by speeding the recovery of the contractile tissue.

Malto dextrin.. this is about $1 per 50lbs it is very cheap and actuall does help you gain weight... by spiking the bejeezus out of your insulin. This can be good or bad. It isn't a bad idea to have some sugar after you train your body is storing most of the sugar it is taking in for a couple hours. but just randomly spiking yoru insulin during the day and having a bunch of sugar floating around all its going to do is be stored as fat. Muscle tissue is using fatty acids as fuels during normal daily work. walking, sitting, etc. Fatty acids are fueling the rebuilding process from teh last workout.

The rest of the stuff is just some flavor, there are some digestive enzymes in there Papyain is just papaya enzyme it helps you digest carbohydrates and aminogen I bet is some peptin and some pineapple enzyme to help break down the proteins. It also says it has some vitamin mixture.

Basically you would get the EXACT same result if you ahd a ghetto multi vitamin, Had big glass of skim chocolate milk. What worries me the most about this product is it has 15g of fat 5 of which are saturated. Now this doesn't mean its the devil but the few fat sources that are healthy and have this sort of break down MCT oil (coconut oil), flax, wheat germ etc. aren't listed and you can bet if they included these expensive and healthy fats they would have them listed. I dont see any fat listed so they probably have a very very cheap and unhealthy powdered fat product included in. Because even yoru cheapest whey concentrate will only have about 5g of fat form a 46g serving.

Not to badmouth your supplement but these companies are driven by revenue just like any other company and they are going to market the hell out of anything. And as an ex owner of a 2 nutrition stores I know what these people are like.

Save your money. Get a decent protein www.trueprotein.com get the best kind you can and want to afford get some L-glutamine mix these up with some milk if you like it that way and put 1 tbsp of olive oil in with it.

Bam better product fractions the cost.

Last edited by STONE; 09-10-2006 at 12:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:35 PM

Found the fat: sunflower powder.
Not terrible but surely leaves something to be desired.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

thank you for your input, like i said i am in no means connected with them. i just really like the results. i didn't know anything that you just finished mentioning. thanks you once again
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
someone once told me for best results all you need is consistancy and i'll have to agree w/ the fool that told me that. results come from eating and working out. you might notice results on that but i would bet they are more from you working out hard or dieting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 01:56 PM

Beer.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

no, no beer for me.
yea, i guess you guys are right. and now thinking about it, it could also be cuz im getting older now and my digestive system is not working overtime
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Hey Stone, I dont knwo about their weight gain products but their other products that i have tried out works great. I have tried BSN cell mass, nitrix, and nitric oxide or whatever. I have improved in mass gains.

Anyways Stone is right about eating food such as chicken rice, and beef. U will put up good gains.. thats my problem i need to lay off of them. I eat them way to much.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 02:32 PM

I train at Gold's here in Venice and train clients at Equinox.

A solid diet, with consistent training, is most ideal.

Genetics win people.

All the supplements in the world cant match a whole and clean diet. Train accordingly and gain.

If you are a serious trainer then chances are you know what to do.

My best friend work with Country Life and BioChem and a few other lines, so I have a great resource for them and info.

As stone said. The other white meat- chicken rules, tongol tuna. I prefer brown rice as I stay away from processed food best I can.

With protein powders I recommend what is good on your stomach... most dickheads around here who are BIG are on the shit.

I suppose it depends on what you want. I surf, and rock climb so being to big hardly is what I want. My goal is fitness, and leanness, not being no necked.

There are many ways to skin a cat. Discipline and consistency win.

Good luck bro

My mods are ghey...
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Faster and Better

I go for the athletic look.. More like a running back in football. Have big neck muscles, nice arms size, big legs... Still able to move and be able to cut left and right no problem.

Protien powder is a good way to go as well as Muscle Milk.. Most heavy lifters use it.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beer.JPG (6.5 KB, 42 views)

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 05:45 PM

I use muscle milk too.

My mods are ghey...
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdonniedarkox View Post
I train at Gold's here in Venice and train clients at Equinox.

A solid diet, with consistent training, is most ideal.

Genetics win people.

All the supplements in the world cant match a whole and clean diet. Train accordingly and gain.

If you are a serious trainer then chances are you know what to do.

My best friend work with Country Life and BioChem and a few other lines, so I have a great resource for them and info.

As stone said. The other white meat- chicken rules, tongol tuna. I prefer brown rice as I stay away from processed food best I can.

With protein powders I recommend what is good on your stomach... most dickheads around here who are BIG are on the shit.

I suppose it depends on what you want. I surf, and rock climb so being to big hardly is what I want. My goal is fitness, and leanness, not being no necked.

There are many ways to skin a cat. Discipline and consistency win.

Good luck bro
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I think people really look at supplements the wrong way. By definition a supplement is a unit that fills in a void in a whole.
Supplements are VERY useful.... for someone that cannot get a whole clean diet in. Face it most of us can't eat perfectly all the time due to costs, tastes or time constraints. In this situation supplements are a god sent.

But people look at supplements as if they're better than food. YOur body is only going to get so big without hormone augmentation and that is illegal and in the vast majority of sporting federations banned. So all you have to work with is your body and some tricky nutrition in order to make the most of what you've got.

Dump the supplements unless you're so busy you cant pack up food. I think most trainees really cant use this excuse unless you're dead serious about some serious size you wont be eating more than 4 times a day that leaves 2 meals you must prepare to take with you to work, school, etc. You can do it.

There are some time proven supplements that will help you speed muscle growth.
1. Creatine Monohydrate-been proven time and time again to be safe and effective.
2. L-Glutamine (and recently Glutamine peptides)
3. Whey protein powder-Good to have becuase lets face it sometimes meat just doesn't sound good, or when you're racing out the door and you need to eat 30 seconds and you have 20-50g of protein.
4. Caffiene- There is a reason it has been banned by the IOC. It increases your athletic output.
5. Multi vitamin/mineral-A cheap way to make sure your foundation is covered.

For the vast majority of people training these are really all you need. These will help you build real useful muscle.

Those of you taking nitric oxide boosters, esterized creatine, carbonated creatine, herbal testosterone boosters, wim wams, flip flaps, and whatever the hell the latest supplemtn claiming to boost muscle growth 8 billion %. You are wasting your money.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Faster and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONE View Post
Those of you taking nitric oxide boosters, esterized creatine, carbonated creatine, herbal testosterone boosters, wim wams, flip flaps, and whatever the hell the latest supplemtn claiming to boost muscle growth 8 billion %. You are wasting your money.

HOw is that so?? Im not saying its going to get you really huge but it does work. I get a huge energy boost off the stuff i take. My strength and size has increased alot more then when i was off it....

I know alot of people that the BSN products worked with.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 01:56 PM

Yeah I've seen great results from what I've been taking.

1. No-xplode (a bsn product)
2. Whey protein (from trueprotein.com thanks to corey)
3. Glutamine peptides
4. CEE creatine
5. Vitamins/Minerals
6. NOW super Enzymes (doing a lot of reading about how this helps with food breakdown in the body and allowing it to get used, if you don't aggree then go to bodybuilding.com and read)

I've lost about 15lbs and come from 251 to 236 but I can see huge differences in muscles from the routine I'm on. A friend of mine set me up on a routine similar to his (he won Mr. Minnesota Middle Weight). Not that his routine is better than anyone else's just that it is good for me.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Faster and Better

hey preacher try using all 3 BSN products, No-explode, cell mass, and nitrix.. they are designed to be used together.. Works awesome
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 04:47 PM
FAsT BOYS

stone i understand the rest of the stuff but what is the night rider guy on there for
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snair View Post
stone i understand the rest of the stuff but what is the night rider guy on there for
Ha Ha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode