Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Tito's Workout

aite so i believe hearing about tito ortiz's workout. so i bet most of us do reps of 12 for abuot 5 or so sets and we take breaks.

tito on the other hand, does his sets, but right after mayb like a 4-5 sec break, he goes on and does another set. so this is pretty much lifting. workin out upper body.

next day he works his legs and stomach area out the same way and the following day does all cardio.

so trying do to at least the lifting for constant reps... i could only do 2 straight. and boy does that shit burn.

but yea just sharing some info. PUMP THAT IRON U CRAZY PEOPLE OUT THERE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 06:52 PM
phil-osepher

sounds about right, he needs strength and stamina, so that would be the workout for him. Take a football player though, that only needs to exert energy for about 10 seconds at a time before a rest.......they can do low rep sets of massive weight.

Its all about training for what you need to do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 12:14 PM

Have you ever tried supersets? For i.e. if you were doing dumbbell bicep curls and at most you could do say 80lbs then you would start at about 70lbs do as many as you can and then go to 65lbs do as many as you can and keep going down until you cant do anymore. Usually you only want to do this at the end of the routine but man is it hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 02:29 PM

UCR that sounds like he's doing circuit training. Tito is a pretty big buy but I'd be willing to bet he doesn't try to put size on. I dont know the first thing about fighting but I'd think that any extra muscle tissue would hurt your endurance and manueverability on the ground.
You want to be strong and powerful but you want to be able to carry that power a long way. Thats hard.

Supersets/Drop sets are very difficult. I use them a lot but lately have been just doing straight sets. If you want to lose bodyfat Supersets/Dropsets are a good tool to use.
Preacher what you described is a drop set. Going to failure on a certain exercise then grabbing a lighter weight, to failure etc etc. Single, double, triple drop.
A true superset is very similar except you are using 2 different exercises. For example I like to use the V-bar for cable tricep extension. You can go very heavy on these do this to failure then immediatly switch to rope extensions. The second lift should be significatly lighter. I really dont think if you went to true failure you could do a single rep if you only dropped 5lbs. I would recommend dropping the weight at least 30%.

Just clarifying a few things as circuit training and drop/supersets are very different.

*Dropsets/supersets are very taxing on the body use them infrequently as a way to break up the monotony.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 02:33 PM

thanks for clarifying stone. i know a lot of the ins and outs of the bodybuilding how to's but i don't remember what everything is called. dropsets are what i was describing and are very hard to do at the end of a workout but I only do them whenever a bodypart is getting stuck at a weight.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

doin those dropsets while benchin... boy o boy hahaha.

hmm are they any exercises to get someone taller? i wanna GROW, im 19 only 5'8. i do some jump exercises, used to play vball, playn ball at times.... but deng nothin seems to work. i stretch and crap.

wouldnt mind bein taller yanno?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 12:57 AM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
you forgot the rest of his work out. He goes in to 4000ft elevation over sea level in the mountains. He runs 3 miles in 18 mins or less, for every person training he adds in 100+ ab workouts. He also goes 20-30 mins straight sprawling and fighting multiple opponents no break. Theres alot more to his work out then listed above.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 02:20 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
chuck norris only needs 10 min a day!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:08 PM

Preacher there are so many fancy schmancy names for things I think its impossible to know them all. Dropsets/supersets are so similar I guess they could be called the same thing just depends on what you do your second set. Very difficult though.

As for Tito's training at higher elevations. He is trying to increase his Hematocrit (I might be spelling this wrong) which is the substance in the blood that carries oxygen. Another technique (but very difficult to employ most of the time) proven by research is that living at a higher elevation than you train or compete will give you an advantage. I heard on the ultimate fighter or on one of the fights that Tito holds camps at big bear. Same thing, trying to get the body to adapt to less oxygen and become more efficient.

This is the Legal way to increase you Hematocrit levels. The illegal way is what all the bikers were getting busted for a while back. EPO (Eyrithropoiten) (again I know this is spelled wrong) its a drug that triggers bone marrow to produce more Hematocrit. The danger is as your levels climb above 55-60 your blood starts to become sludge. This equals you're probably going to die. I'm sure one of our docs on here can explain this a little better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode