Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

fack

dont feel like working out right now..... I have to be at work at 12:45, so I've got the time. Last night was the gym, this morning I know what needs to be done: a run and then come right back and change for a roadmarch

Since the start of my "program" I've lost about 6lbs, and I think I've gotten "weaker" in the gym, but I've gained endurance. Just to show you how pitiful my run times had become, before I started this my 2 mile run time was around 18 mins. That is a complete failure, back when I was a 20 year old stud I was still not considered fast but could run 2 miles in about 13 mins. The fast guys were doing 10 and 11 mins. So, I'm back down into the mid 15's, which is good for me.

Ok, no more bsing, time to get R done

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

so.......
I just got back: from the gym

WHY???

I was 5 mins into my run, and it happened. My fucking left calf muscle popped. A couple months ago I tweaked my right hammy and calf playing softball, and now this. What am I, falling apart? This pisses me off So MUCH. I stretch well, warm up, everything.

Its not major, a big pull like the other time, but it hurts bad enough to not be able to carry a stride. I have another PT Test in 3 weeks, so hopefully I can rest this for 2 weeks and be ready. This pisses me off!! My fucking body is rebelling against me

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Random Sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
What am I, falling apart? ...My fucking body is rebelling against me
Getting old, man.

i'm sure it's frustrating.. heal up properly, and good luck on the PT test.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statik View Post
Getting old, man.

i'm sure it's frustrating.. heal up properly, and good luck on the PT test.
yea, getting old. I'm not a huge fan of suppliments, but I'm wondering if I can take some recovery stuff that will help me heal better. No need to more energy, or muscle, or other "instant gain" stuff. Just healing potions....

So now I go once a month and take a PT test, it's easy really. Then I do crap like land navigation, drill and ceremony, roadmarches and stuff...all in prep for Jan, when I leave for 2 months and go to Alabama. Two months of getting the shit smoked out of you, but then I'll be coming back a 2LT.

I have no doubt that mentally and physically (the body I know) I can take it. They will have to cart me off on a stretcher before I quit though. If this injury happens down there, I'm going to push through it. Failure is not an option.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
yeaqh gettin old sux dont it.....hang in there!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:16 PM

Take a good multivitamins plus some C and E. I dont think there is any real healing potion if there was I'd be bathing in it daily.
From what you're describing I think your malnourished. You may be overtraining but more than likely you're not eating enough food. Try adding in a good meal maybe a big fat turkey burger with whole wheat bread. I mean big like 1lb Or anything a big fat sandwhich.
I think this will help you but also really make sure you're warming up enough. Really take time to warm up and ease into the strenuous stuff. I dont think youre old enough to be claiming age as that big a handicap. Warm up really well do some light stretching before your event. (dont overstretch before) After your event is the time to really stretch it out.
Dehydration and hypoglycemia will also increase you chances of pulling a muscle big time. I've seen more than a few times guys take insulin before they train only to have their blood sugar levels fall and then they tear something. I dont know the mechanism behind this but if you have low blood sugar your muscles are more at risk of being injured.

If there is any swelling Ibuprofen for a couple days 1600mg/day + ice and elevation. If there is no swelling ice it a little bit to be sure but no ibuprofen. Give it a few days rest then SLOWLY start to move it through its full range of motion stretching it LIGHTLY. as soon as you can go through the full range of motion with no pain then start to load it. Light weights through the full range of motion and gradually increase from there. LIght massages can also help.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

wow, good call stone. that is what had me perplexed too. I'm not THAT old...

Maybe I am malnourished? I'm eating no breakfast, and like a salad with a side of tuna for lunch, and maybe rice and some kind of chicken for dinner. So, really two meals a day, one of them being small. I guess i was pushing for weight reduction, because I want to be able to run more.

I will pick up some vitamin C and E today, make sure to drink water (I've been doing ok at that)...

Again, I think you are right, maybe I'm not eating enough. I was at the gym today, and I felt drained......weak....like a pussy.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:52 PM

$10 says you add in another meal (or 2) and you feel 100x better. I know exactly how you feel you just feel beat up and get out of bed feeling 90 years old. get the vitamins you should have those anyway dont expect them to cure you. But seriously I think having a big fat good meal mid day + a good breakfast will REALLY make you feel better.

Breakfast Oatmeal + turkey bacon is FAST and easy (and really good and low fat). Or a Bagel with some Eggs really anything just to get you started.

Mid day have a big sandwhich or one of my faves is a big fat burrito. Hard to beat a whole wheat tortilla packed with rice, beans, veggies and some meat. If you want to get knit picky then you'd say the tortilla isn't the best choice but sheesh.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode