Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
Diet

Im really good at having Discipline and stuff, however I dont know much about nutrition. I am trying to trim some fat. right now Im about 220lbs, i want to be around 195. I get about 5 hrs of cardio in a week, and lift weight at least 3 times a week. with that said, I need someone who knows a little something to give me a step by step diet that will ensure that I get the right nutrients and LOOSE WEIGHT. Can any one help me out here?

Just need to know what to eat for Breakfast lunch and dinner and amounts...

thanks !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
where you HEALTH NUTS at when I NEED YOU! hahahah

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 11:59 PM

No1 we've covered this like 800 times look at some of the other posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 11:09 AM
RacerX85

Eat lean meat like fish. Stay away from processed food. Fruits and vegetables are ideal. Drink only water. Milk has tons of fat and soda is obviously sugar loaded. This has always worked for me.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 11:58 AM

Do a quick search, but in short:

Eat smaller more balanced meals/snacks 5-6 times a day. It will help increase your metabolism and discourage your body's propensity to store extra carbs/foods as fat.

Eat your carbs earlier in the day. I eat little in the way of carbs after 4pm. Maybe a little brown rice etc with dinner but I always try to minimoze them. Personally for me it's worked better to get my carbs at breakfast (granola on yogurt or oatmeal with fresh fruit) than filling up before you go to bed...

I also try not to combine high glycemic foods with carbed meals. i.e. don't drink apple juice or grape juice with meals - they spike your insulin level causing you to absorb & store more of what you eat. They only time I allow that is after workouts. It's an advantage for your post workout drink though!

Eat balanced foods and use a good protein shake if you're pressed for time.

Salmon, chicken, pork, Ahi/tuna
Edemame, Broccoli, Beans, Sweet potatoe, Acorn Squash, Tomatoes, Zuchini
Apples, Grapefruit, Oranges
Granola, Yogurt, Oatmeal
Cottage Cheese

I also do other dumb stuff like always use real butter. Why? well the other stuff if a fake chemical - your body has no idea how to process it.

I also keep diet soda to a minimum - although that's hard. I used to be addicted!

Do your cardio in the AM if you can on an empty stomach. If you can work out then too great - then you have all day to feed your body & recover.

Everyonje's different. What works for me might not work for you. Listen to your body & experiment.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 12:30 PM
RacerX85

AZScorpion made a really good point I forgot. Exercise in the morning on an empty stomach (preferably a run). If you don't eat right away, you will notice how your body will force you to breathe more the rest of the day. If I remember correctly, the increase in O2 levels is necessary because the metabolic pathway that converts fat to sugars uses more oxygen. I usually avoid eating anything until noon, and the rest of the day I eat small things like a handful of grapes, a can of tuna, a banana to keep my hunger at a manageable level. I always try to eat just enough that I am still hungry, but not starved. So yeah, this has worked for me.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Master of Sergeants

thanks Yall! Ill find some of those old posts too Stone! hahahah

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 09:32 PM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1stunner View Post
Im really good at having Discipline and stuff, however I dont know much about nutrition. I am trying to trim some fat. right now Im about 220lbs, i want to be around 195. I get about 5 hrs of cardio in a week, and lift weight at least 3 times a week. with that said, I need someone who knows a little something to give me a step by step diet that will ensure that I get the right nutrients and LOOSE WEIGHT. Can any one help me out here?

Just need to know what to eat for Breakfast lunch and dinner and amounts...

thanks !
I was at 220 before I started my hardcore workout. I still drink 2 to 4 beers per night, I really dont watch what I eat, although not too much junk, and I'm down to about 208 right now.

Simple math = burn more than you put it. Since I've really increased my cardio and changed my workouts to lighter but more focus on endurance and reps......the weight melts off.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX85 View Post
Eat lean meat like fish. Stay away from processed food. Fruits and vegetables are ideal. Drink only water. Milk has tons of fat and soda is obviously sugar loaded. This has always worked for me.
tons of fat? LOL milk has 3 or 4% fat tops, most normal milk that people drink has about 1% fat, skimmed milk has 0.1%
in fact 1 small glass of milk every day will help with the fat burn. but don't drink milk right before or right after you exercise. Milk also has a ton of healthy stuff in it, like calcium which is good for your bones and teeth.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 07:08 AM

220 down to 195, I think you'll need to tailor your leather suit again...

This time put "Stick It" on the back...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 09:58 AM

...Try to keep the fat intake around 20% (or less)
Remember carbs are as good as fat, if you don't burn them...
And the age-old....you gotta burn more cals than you take in, to lose weight...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode