Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
Question for Stone!!!

Ok Stone, This is my workout, 3 mile run M -F, after run: Mon:Bicep/Tricep; Tues: Chest/Back Wed: Legs; Thurs: Shoulders/Calves; Fri: Biceps/triceps. after workout M - F sit in Sauna for 25 mins. go home!

Q: Im taking Cell Tech, will taking this hamper my Fat burn process? Or will it help me to burn fat while putting on Muscle weigth?

ADDL INFO:
My goal is to loose my unsightly Love handles.... (I'm a pretty Physicaly fit dood... can do 20 chinups (fairly easy),100 crunches easily done in 2 minutes and run 3 mile in about 21 minutes.....

Basically just want to know if the cell tech is going to hamper me from looing FAT Weight, I ask this because I started this routine about 3 weeks ago at 220lbs. 1st week (NOT ON CELLTECH) got down to about 207..... started CELL TECH (been on it for appox 7 days (with good low carb diet) weighed in last night at 227!!! dont feel any fatter in fact my muscles feel tighter since beginnig the Cell tech.. Am I making any sense here? thanksBro!

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Never tried cell tech, but know if you use Hydroxycut it makes your heart work 2x as much, makes your body burn more. Its basicly keep your heart up like when ur working out but I dunno if its good for your heart....

As for loosing handles do more ab work outs. In between each set of working out I do 200 crunches and 10 different ab exercises. So basicly I end up doing near 2000 total ab reps. Doing crunches dont work the side part of the abs, you have to do other work outs. Like crossing over, doing side sit ups with weights( will get rid of fat on the side)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Ok just looked up what cell tech is, and its a creatine.. Creatine pumps more water into your muscle. It also helps you when you work with more energy.

If you want a good fat burner that hears nothing but good reviews then go with Hydroxycut Hardcore.. Read up on the facts and see if its right for you. But personally i think you can do it without any of this... just gotta implement more ab work outs cus it seems like your running a good amount of cardio already
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 11:33 PM
FAsT BOYS

stone has told me that a six pack or to lose love handles its almost totally diet. also you dont have to do thousands of ab reps. they are a muscle like every other one just use some weight to raise the effort level and keep the reps and sets in the moderate range.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
Thanks for the info!!!

The problem With me taking Hydoxycut is, when I was a Drill Insructor I lived on thermodrin and effedra products..ie. ripped fuel, yellow jackets, stackers...ect.any time I try to take ANY type of FAT burn stuff I get EXTREMEMT Loss of vision and headaches, I think I fukked up somthing in my system abusing the products! thaks again!

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 04:50 PM

No1,
Cell tech is a good product but its overpriced for what it is. There are a ton of comparable products for much cheaper. Go to vitamin world or your local pro shop and tell them you like cell tech but you'd like something a little cheaper. Muscle Tech is the company that makes CT and they have multiple pro bodybuilders on $Million + contracts which are passed on to the consumer. I know Aftershock is very very similar and works well and its a lot cheaper but there are so many cell volume, post workout drinks. Its basically just a creatine with some sugars, and amino acids to get your body the nutrients it needs to recover as soon as you're done training.

If you use cell tech incorrectly it will make you fat. its got a good amount of sugars in it. If I remember its about 75g per serving. If you're trying to grow then this isn't too much but since you're running a lot and trying to cut down try using only 2 scoops as opposed to the 3. (I may be wrong but whatever the serving I think 50g of sugar post workout is plenty). It will help you work harder in the gym lifting weights and help you recover more quickly so I do think its a worthwhile supplement for you.

About hydroxycut:
1. Ephedra which was considered WAY too strong to sell, raised your metabolism about 3%(of course this will vary slightly with each person but 3% is what youre getting with a good dose of ephedra).
2. Hydroxycut is no different than zantrex, ripped fuel, super fat blaster, etc etc etc whatever they're called. now that ephedra is gone they are all just caffeine pills with some other exotic crap mixed in. In short: save your money. Straight boring green tea will burn more fat than those expensive fat burners. So dont feel bad that you dont respond well to fat burners you aren't missing much.

SNair is right losing the love handles and showing the abs is just a function of leaness. Even fat ass people have abs they're just covered up. The unfortunate thing for guys is the love handles are usually the very last thing to come off and abs are the second to last so you have to be pretty lean to see much (on most people).

Dont overdo your abs. Hit them hard 3-5 hard sets 10-25 reps 1-2 times a week. Anymore and its just pain for the sake of pain you wont get anything from it except burning a trivial amount of calories. And dont do all those twisting oblique workouts for christ's sake. I see all these girls and guys working obliques like its going to help them trim down their waist. well obliques are an interesting muscle. They grow easily and they never shrink. This is why you see bodybuilders lifting in a belt ALL THE TIME, because they are trying to keep their obliques from working so they maintain as small a waist as possible. Trust me even using a belt if you do any squatting, any overhead pressing, any rowing your core will get plenty of stimulation. (ok ok i'm aborting my core strength revolution rant)

Your diet+moderate cardio will get you on your way. if yoiu're doing 20 chins you're a strong dude so your giving your body a good whipping in the gym. this will get the love handles loosened up and before you know it they'll be off you just have to be patient. The magic number is 16-20 weeks. Even if you're around 20%bf you can be down below 8% in 3-4 months.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 04:53 PM

Run after you train. weight training before you so each workout complements the other. Meaning: training before will deplete your body of glycogen so when you begin running there is a much shorter "lag" period before your body starts to burn fat.
WHen you run first it takes 15-25 minutes to burn through the glycogen before you start burning fat then when you lift you're body is out of glycogen (your muscles' favorite fuel).

You wont feel as much like a gazelle when you run afterward but you'll be getting more done in the same amount of time.

Then when you're done IMMEDIATELY get in a good meal. Cell Tech + 50g whey protein or Egg protein or Fish protein
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Master of Sergeants

Thanks Stone! YOU HAVE enlightend me!!! As of today ill start running after my work out. I usually eat a can of tuna and do my cell tech immediately after 15-20 min in th sauna...been taking the cell tech for about 2 week and can already feel teh change in my strength, I was sceptical until i actuall did it, seems to be working, Im just trying to get that waiste I had when I was 20! hahaha and could run 3 miles in 17 minutes!!! THANKS AGAIN!

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 05:30 PM

You'll get it. by far the most important thing is to just do the work. all the fancy nutrient timing, supplements, etc wont do anything if you dont get down and dirty and just sweat. So the fact that you are doing that part... the rest is pretty easy.

I think you'll feel a little better weight training first then running. when you finish grab that tuna and force it down asap then grab your cell tech and head into the sauna for a chill session.

Since you're trying to cut up mainly, keep your rest periods short. Do your set. step back let your heart rate calm down about 30 seconds to 1 minute then jump right back in. Only if you're trying to be a big slow moving land mammal power lifter should you be completely rested between sets. Keep that heart rate elavated but do let it come down a little and let your muscles clear out the waste from the previous set.

Big muscle groups; like back and upper legs will require more rest than say biceps or triceps. Biceps you can zip through they are a small muscles.

Oh and one of the BIGGEST things you need to remember. Forget about how much weight you lift it means nothing. How you lift it is much more important. Get a weight you can actually do leave the ego stuff at home. Sorry another rant about to happen.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Master of Sergeants

Thanks Again Stone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode