Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Started the HIIT

well my girlfriend of 2 years broke up with me so to fight the depression I decided to to stop sitting around and lose the beer weight that I have gained through years of college.

I am 5'8" and weight 175, with a decent amount of muscle mass.

I use the work out described on this site: http://www.musclemedia.com/training/hiit.asp

On Friday I will be doing stepping it up to 5 minutes. It really is an intense work out. I wasn't in terrible shape before but my heart and lungs are definitely feeling it. I noticed too that it suppresses my appetite if I do it before I eat anything in the morning like the site suggests.

I am also lifting on off days. Doing lots of reps and trying to keep the sets around 2 to 3 as I am trying to get more definition and not mass.

As far as diet goes. I'm trying to keep my calorie intake around 2300. No cafeine, no empty calorie sugar drinks, and im trying to eat more lean meat. Diet is really my weak point in this whole fitness thing.

I weighed myself today and I was at 173 which is probably just normal weight fluxuation.

I'll keep you guys updated

I'd like to thank Mayo for prompting this in a previous thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 11:17 AM
No Crying Allowed

Sorry for the break up, but you are headed in the right path as working out will more then make you feel better both physically and mentally... smart move.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Ask the Chief

Cool...good to hear, bro.

I'm going to be joining you very shortly on the fitness tip. I USED to be 175, but I'm holding at about 210 (6'1"). Just want to get back in shape cardio-wise.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Thought I would give an update:

On week 5. It's hard to tell exactly how much weight i've lost vs. how much muscle i've gained. I am down to about 170 but I still lift 3 times a week as well. After this week it will just be the jog/spring HIIT because my gym is closed until fall semester starts. So I am hoping to drop even more weight after I stop lifting.

I have been getting quite a few comments about how I look like I lost weight from my friends/family, which is always nice to hear but I wish I had some more concrete proof like % body fat.

One thing I have noticed is when I lift and do the HIIT on the same day I really don't have an appetite. I don't think I am eating enough as I should but I'm just not that hungry. I hope I am not starving my muscles.

I am taking N.O. Xplode along with this but will stop after Friday (because of no more weight training).

All in all I really like this workout. It really gets me pumped and I don't dread doing it (well maybe I do right before I hit the track).
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 06:21 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
keep it up!! but remember you GOTTA FEED THE MACHINE RIGHT!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode