Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Damn I feel old

I needed to wear a suit to an event last week and when I went to put it on........... errrrrrrr it didn't fit. So I told myself enough was enough... I went home today at lunch and rode my bicycle back to go get a sandwich and then to work. It was a total of 2.2 miles and now my legs are numb....

I guess if I keep this up for a few weeks I will be back in shape and maybe loose weight too.

it's hell to get old.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Ask the Chief

It's not getting old.

It's the "staying active" part you just gotta pay more attention to.

Pops is 83 and still riding his Guzzi on weekends....so I've resigned myself to the fact that age is nothing more than a state of mind. :

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
It's not getting old.

It's the "staying active" part you just gotta pay more attention to.

Pops is 83 and still riding his Guzzi on weekends....so I've resigned myself to the fact that age is nothing more than a state of mind. :
You are correct.... I used to walk about 10 miles a day at work running around the plant baby sitting people... I have been in an office for the last 6 years or so and it has caught up with me for sure.

I'll do my best to get back into shape....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Ask the Chief

Me too.

I made a very important decision last week...I'm gonna try to go back helos again when this tour is up in 2010. That means I gotta go thru SAR refresher school at about 37 years old. After I get this treatment out of the way, it's back to the pull up bar for me. Having something life-threatening really makes you think about what makes you happy....and I haven't been happy since I stopped flying helos.

If Lance can do it....so can I.

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
You are old ..........never mind I'm the same age.

I have all but given up on getting back in shape, every time I start lifting weights or ride a bike I either strain something or catch a cold. Then I stop for a while to recover and then starting back up again is biatch.

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 01:31 PM

Just get a new suit...
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
Just get a new suit...
YES, go to the big and tall store........skip the tall section

I really should not be laughing at this.

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
I needed to wear a suit to an event last week and when I went to put it on........... errrrrrrr it didn't fit. So I told myself enough was enough... I went home today at lunch and rode my bicycle back to go get a sandwich and then to work. It was a total of 2.2 miles and now my legs are numb....

I guess if I keep this up for a few weeks I will be back in shape and maybe loose weight too.

it's hell to get old.

And it's just starting
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Now I'm going to take the long way home, it's an extra .5 mile.....

your all beeches....

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 04:31 PM
FAsT BOYS

hell im 44 now. the only time i want to move fast is to get to the last hoho before my kids eat it. haha
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
hell im 44 now. the only time i want to move fast is to get to the last hoho before my kids eat it. haha

I'm with you, accept for me it is ice cream

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 04:58 PM
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
I'm with you, accept for me it is ice cream
haha. im lucky my kids are only 5 and 2 so i still have a chance. ive been hiding them in the crock pot in the pantry.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
good to see you in the gym
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
haha. im lucky my kids are only 5 and 2 so i still have a chance. ive been hiding them in the crock pot in the pantry.

My son is three, but I'm not home at dinner time, so they eat all my ice cream

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 07:52 PM

I just blame the wife for shrinking my clothes

Denial...
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 07:53 PM
doomsday machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrds10 View Post

Denial...
Oooo, nice...I've gotta remember that one. :
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Actually to be honest after riding these 4+ miles today.... I came home and felt great... I took the daughter out shopping for some toys tonight because she went pee pee in the toilet for the first time today... The little things that make us happy...

It's funny how a little activity makes you feel more energized.

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 08:10 PM
phil-osepher

I'm with ya R1Lover. I have found a few things about the physical side of things as you get older.

1-It goes away a lot faster (being in shape)
2-It is ALOT harder to get it back

You just have to force yourself to make any type of working out a part of your lifestyle. It doesn't have to be weights either, biking is awesome. Running is great, even if only for 1 or 2 miles. That is 2 miles more than 80% of the population runs.

Lifting has always come easy to me, aerobic activity (which keeps the beer gut off) has always been my struggle. I literally HATE running, but I make myself do it, because the feeling I get when I get out of shape makes me sick.

All you have to do is go out in the public, ANYWHERE, and you will see overweight people everywhere. They didn't get that way overnight, it was little by little, putting off working out and eating like shit over time....and before you know it whoops! 52 inch waist!

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 06:39 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
Originally Posted by svrds10 View Post

Denial...
I've done that...lol

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
All you have to do is go out in the public, ANYWHERE, and you will see overweight people everywhere. They didn't get that way overnight, it was little by little, putting off working out and eating like shit over time....and before you know it whoops! 52 inch waist!
:imwst I totally agree! The costco I work at recently had all the cash register lanes widened. They weren't too bad before, you could fit a shopping cart and a skinny person thru it before. Now you can fit two shopping carts thru. I'm sure the "bigger boned" people had something to do with that!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode