Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Circuit Training.....damn!

ok
I'm not in the best shape ever, but I'd like to think I'm decent. Tonight I attended a bona fide circuit training class. I've done half ass circuit training by myself at the gym, but never a legit class with trainers and stuff.

So we are members of the local YMCA, which happens to be the largest one in the country. This thing is like 2 super walmarts put together. Massive.

They have a special circuit training room, with really nice equipment. You do 30 minutes, 3 sets on each machine, with only about 5-10 seconds of rest each time. Between each set you flip a lever which controls how the weight is felt by the user. Set 1 you feel it throughout the range of motion, set 2 it is on the back end, and set 3 it is front loaded. So, even though you are lifting the same amount of weight, it feels different each set.

I think I'm in ok shape, but by the 5th machine I was breathing hard as crap. They had trainers in there motivating you and making sure you were doing things correctly. If you think about it, just lifting weights you might do a set and walk away for 2 to 3 minutes....this was practically non-stop. I loved it, and will be back. It was a nice change of pace and a complete ball smoker! :dj

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode