Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

8 glasses of water per day = BS

I gotta tell ya, I don't agree with this. Sure, I'm working out and stuff and I'll drink some water, but overall I MIGHT drink 2 per day, and am fine. During really tough military training I might drink more water, but not really. Here is a great article, especially for you guys who like to walk around the gym with that gay milk jug full of water

http://dms.dartmouth.edu/news/2002_h...02_water.shtml

Quote:
Thirst Is Too Late. It is often stated that by the time people are thirsty, they are already dehydrated. On the contrary, thirst begins when the concentration of blood (an accurate indicator of our state of hydration) has risen by less than two percent, whereas most experts would define dehydration as beginning when that concentration has risen by at least five percent.
Dark Urine Means Dehydration. At normal urinary volume and color, the concentration of the blood is within the normal range and nowhere near the values that are seen in meaningful dehydration. Therefore, the warning that dark urine reflects dehydration is alarmist and false in most instances.
And another article

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2003/03...ses030314.html

Quote:
Barr said they couldn't find any scientific evidence to support the eight to 10 glass recommendation. The confusion may have arisen because a typical adult's energy requirements call for two to three litres of fluid – but it doesn't all have to be in the form of glasses of water. All foods and non-alcoholic drinks count toward the goal.
and yet another article
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/arc...of_water_myth/

Quote:
The supposed health benefit of consuming large volumes of water has become one of those urban myths that even some physicians have come to endorse without real insight into the science underlying water intake and its effects on the body.
the bottom line
http://www.realage.com/NutritionCent...aspx?aid=10370
Quote:
And, contrary to popular belief, there is no evidence to suggest that drinking eight 8-ounce glasses of water each day will make you healthier. How much water you need depends on many factors, including your body size, how active you are, your age, and your
diet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kneedragger77; 12-06-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 09:15 PM

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 09:16 PM
No Crying Allowed

yes 8 glasses of water is needed per day....

If you get by with less it's because you are young and there is also water in many things you eat and drink as well.... but yes 8 is good and I at least drink that.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
yes 8 glasses of water is needed per day....

If you get by with less it's because you are young and there is also water in many things you eat and drink as well.... but yes 8 is good and I at least drink that.
and you know this to be fact because.....???

I think it all depends on the person, if you read many of the articles I pasted they have good info too. You are right, food counts too. Telling someone they have to pound 8 or more glasses of water per day is stupid. I remember in Basic Training, Drill SGTs would make you drink, and drink, and drink, and drink water.....until people started to die over the years. Yes, too much water is a bad thing.

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 09:20 PM

Because the doc said so...
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 09:26 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
and you know this to be fact because.....???

I think it all depends on the person, if you read many of the articles I pasted they have good info too. You are right, food counts too. Telling someone they have to pound 8 or more glasses of water per day is stupid. I remember in Basic Training, Drill SGTs would make you drink, and drink, and drink, and drink water.....until people started to die over the years. Yes, too much water is a bad thing.
I have had a few issues with digestion in the past, I learned all I could about proper digestion of food and fluids when I was dealing with this. So I guess you could say my opinion is based on my experience. One for sure way to tell if you are getting enough fluids is to look at the color of your pee... the lighter the better. and yes if you drink 3-5 beers a day that's 99% water as well. Lot's of fluids help cleanse your body and organs as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Lean muscle tissue contains about 75% water. Blood contains 83% water, body fat contains 25% water and bone has 22% water.

enough said.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Lean muscle tissue contains about 75% water. Blood contains 83% water, body fat contains 25% water and bone has 22% water.

enough said.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 10:27 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post

+1

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
hahaha took it off a health site lol
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
bwahahahahahaahahahah

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post

enough said.
ok.........

:dj

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 04:15 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
I have had a few issues with digestion in the past, I learned all I could about proper digestion of food and fluids when I was dealing with this. So I guess you could say my opinion is based on my experience. One for sure way to tell if you are getting enough fluids is to look at the color of your pee... the lighter the better. and yes if you drink 3-5 beers a day that's 99% water as well. Lot's of fluids help cleanse your body and organs as well.
Lots of water help if you are on a diet too. The body won't retain excess water if it knows it will receive more.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Ltony View Post
Lots of water help if you are on a diet too. The body won't retain excess water if it knows it will receive more.
People come up with all these crazy "formulas" for how to burn fat on diets. While I agree you should drink water on a diet, the forumla has been SIMPLE since the beginning of time.

Regardless of WHAT you eat or drink, burn more than you put IN.

Example: Officer Candidate School, 60 days of getting my ass whooped from 4:30am to 11pm. Guess what, 3 HUGE meals a day, and because it was in the south (Alabama), almost everything was fried food. Sure, you had like 2 mins to eat it all, but to give you an example, breakfast was:
-4 Pancakes with tons of syrup
-Waffles (butter/syrup)
-oatmeal bowl with raisins and tons of sugar on top
-bowl of frosted flakes
-banana
-sausage
-biscuits and gravy
-toast with peanut butter

I ate that every single day. Lunch and dinner were no different, TONS of food, almost NONE of it "healthy." BUT....we were getting our asses smoked so much, we burned that off and then some. I dropped almost 20 lbs in 2 months down there, some people dropped more weight. The formula was simple, burn more than you put in. Although my peak strength wasn't as high, my endurance and overall fitness were awesome.

People that buy into all these retarded pills, scales that measure calories, "lean cuisine" meals and crap.....all the while wondering why they aren't losing weight when they barely exercise 20 minutes per week...

It's one thing if you are a competitive bodybuilder, but for most average joes...

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 09:48 PM
FAsT BOYS

phil you should see the amount of food stone puts down. i know he fits into your bb thing but fuck. i couldnt afford to feed his ass. his thing is he eats clean. theres not alot of fatty or too many carbs in the diet.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
My fluid intake is on the average 2 liters of milk a day.....I'd be flat out drinking half a liter of water a day unless I'm doing strenous work then I up the anty as my body tells me.

Water discipline still plays a roll in my life even now, even though I've left the military many years ago.

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM

Last edited by Warp Racer; 12-08-2007 at 12:54 AM. Reason: typo
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 12:12 AM

Water? Whats that?? I'd be lucky to drink 4 10 onces bottles per week. Maybe thats why my pee is dark :laugh
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
Water is key to dieting. burning more then you put in will make you lose weight, but it won't keep you healthy or give you max energy, max potential, max muscle building, etc. one calorie is not the same as the next. If you lost weight doing that phil then had you ate better you'd have even been in better shape yet. It all depends on your dedication to getting into shape and being the best. I saw stone eat and that is dedication and takes it to an all new level. All depends on the person on your dedication to physical fitness.

Last edited by gsxcorey; 12-08-2007 at 02:10 PM.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMPILOT View Post
Water? Whats that?? I'd be lucky to drink 4 10 onces bottles per week. Maybe thats why my pee is dark :laugh

here's another myth busted. If your pee is dark then you are dehydrated, and if you drink a lot of water then your pee is light and you are good to go. So, by that, the color of your pee is in direct correlation to your level of hydration.

well bitches I've been drinking beer and rum/coke all day, and been pissing like a race horse tonight and it's all been clear...freaking white piss. So, I guess I'm hydrated right? Not a DROP of water, all day.

drink rum and coke and all your hydration issues will be solved. :corn

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
you don't think there isn't any water in there? you just have to drink MORE because it goes through faster, but there is a lot of water in the coke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode