Workout / Rider Fitness Quiz the experts on general workout or rider fitness based questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Hellbound's Workout log

BSN Syntha-6~ Low calorie Protien drink
Venom Hyperdrive~ Intense fat burner
Green Magnitude~ Creatine Matrix Volumizer
No X-plode ~ Pumps, energy, small amount of creatine

Ill be stacking all these suplements for the next 6 weeks. My goal is to loose 30 lbs by May in time for my fight. Im sitting at 216 and will be droppin to 185. Ill start posting daily and weekly logs here. Thought this might be interesting to all.

Most of my workouts will consist of:
2 hrs of boxing/muai thai
2 hrs of Ju Jitsu/cardio
1hr and half of weights (plyometrics, explosive lifting, timed lifting, etc)
6x a week of workouts

So If all goes to plan ill post my daily workouts and weekly plans here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 11:33 AM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
Cool bro. Good luck I've never taken any supplements... all natural Though I am not in training for fighting

Last edited by walker; 02-21-2008 at 11:35 AM.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker View Post
Cool bro. Good luck I've never taken any supplements... all natural Though I am not in training for fighting
hahaha just imagined if you did, you wouldnt go back haha. When you have these crazy energy boosts of strength you'd love it. The Venom Hyperdrive is whats going to mess with me. People take 2 pills a day and are wired even at 2 am in the morning hahaha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 04:31 PM

Hmmm...my supplements:

Mornin'....beer
10AM...beer
Lunch....beer
4PM...uhhh...beer
6PM....mmmmm....bbbeeeaaarrr...
10PM....Uh ? What

Next day: repeat

post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Now that takes some discipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgium View Post
Hmmm...my supplements:

Mornin'....beer
10AM...beer
Lunch....beer
4PM...uhhh...beer
6PM....mmmmm....bbbeeeaaarrr...
10PM....Uh ? What

Next day: repeat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 09:32 PM
The answer? Simple: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Most of my workouts will consist of:
2 hrs of boxing/muai thai
2 hrs of Ju Jitsu/cardio
1hr and half of weights (plyometrics, explosive lifting, timed lifting, etc)
6x a week of workouts
This a daily workout, or examples of workouts you will be doing throughout the week?

Also, be careful of the supplements you use. Some have negative effects without realizing it until it's too late. Especially fat burners. If they keep you up for hours, they're not good for you.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post
This a daily workout, or examples of workouts you will be doing throughout the week?

Also, be careful of the supplements you use. Some have negative effects without realizing it until it's too late. Especially fat burners. If they keep you up for hours, they're not good for you.

Ju Jitsu, muai thai, boxing is daily. Gotta do it if your going to fight.

I research my supps before i even take them, if I dont know much about them or hear anything about it from others i wont touch it. I stay up late anyways so fat burner is just going to burn more cals for me which I need.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Ju Jitsu, muai thai, boxing is daily. Gotta do it if your going to fight.

I research my supps before i even take them, if I dont know much about them or hear anything about it from others i wont touch it. I stay up late anyways so fat burner is just going to burn more cals for me which I need.
I never got into MMA for ring fighting, but I did 7 years of pretty hard core MA training of different skills. I've done hours on end of training, and know what you're going through. While I miss the training, I don't miss the MMA drive that so many people are wanting to do and many schools are heading towards. Completely overrated IMO.

As to the supplements, everyone is different and it could take time to have them affect you good or bad. And yes, sometimes too much of a good thing will negatively impact you.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post
I never got into MMA for ring fighting, but I did 7 years of pretty hard core MA training of different skills. I've done hours on end of training, and know what you're going through. While I miss the training, I don't miss the MMA drive that so many people are wanting to do and many schools are heading towards. Completely overrated IMO.

I dont think its overrated, its by far the toughest thing I have done. No matter what you do your training in pain, i trained with 2 blown shoulders . In MA you learn basics of fighting styles not in depth. I train like this cus im turning pro in may.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 12:14 AM

Nice bro i just got the same syntha 6 the vanilla milkshake... mmmm and i use no -xplode as well i started off right where you are at 216 and im down to around 200 now thanks to cardio kicking my ass i wanna get down to 175-180ish though before summer so i can get my suspension set up right for my weight ill make sure to check in on this thread a lot to see the weight lifting parts i have a 4 day split right now of day 1 - chest/back, day 2 - biceps/triceps, day 3 - shoulders, traps, day 4 - legs, you think that is good? and doing cardio 5-6 times a week let me know what you think bro, thanks!
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversv1k View Post
Nice bro i just got the same syntha 6 the vanilla milkshake... mmmm and i use no -xplode as well i started off right where you are at 216 and im down to around 200 now thanks to cardio kicking my ass i wanna get down to 175-180ish though before summer so i can get my suspension set up right for my weight ill make sure to check in on this thread a lot to see the weight lifting parts i have a 4 day split right now of day 1 - chest/back, day 2 - biceps/triceps, day 3 - shoulders, traps, day 4 - legs, you think that is good? and doing cardio 5-6 times a week let me know what you think bro, thanks!

the way your lifting is to get size since your breakin days down. Full body workouts, hit all major muscles in a day to see results. For me I expect to be down 12-15lbs in the first month
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
the way your lifting is to get size since your breakin days down. Full body workouts, hit all major muscles in a day to see results. For me I expect to be down 12-15lbs in the first month
its working for me right now, when i was doing upper and lower body in 2 day splits i was getting any more muscle or really feeling much of anything, i want to get bigger but i want to lose weight as well, due to the large amount of cardio
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

Quote:
its working for me right now, when i was doing upper and lower body in 2 day splits i was getting any more muscle or really feeling much of anything, i want to get bigger but i want to lose weight as well, due to the large amount of cardio
pick one or the other. Either loose weight or gain muscle mass
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:
pick one or the other. Either loose weight or gain muscle mass
dont you lose weight by gaining lean muscle?
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

yes but your talkin about gaining size. You wont gain much size doing all that cardio cus your burning all your cals and your body needs the protein to replenish lost cals
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 01:07 AM

Quote:
yes but your talkin about gaining size. You wont gain much size doing all that cardio cus your burning all your cals and your body needs the protein to replenish lost cals
i like the way im proportioned, just wanna take the fat i have and lose that and keep the lean muscle thats y i am doing high reps/lots of cardio and get down another 20-25 pounds from my legs/mid-section, is that the wrong way?
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

stay with the high reps, how long is your cardio going for? If you go to long your body looks for another energy source and starts breaking down muscle. This usually happens over an hr of cardio.

Have you ever thought about doing workout with a stop watch. Stop counting reps and just rep for a min, rest 30 seconds and do the set over again.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 01:16 AM

Quote:
stay with the high reps, how long is your cardio going for? If you go to long your body looks for another energy source and starts breaking down muscle. This usually happens over an hr of cardio.

Have you ever thought about doing workout with a stop watch. Stop counting reps and just rep for a min, rest 30 seconds and do the set over again.
cardio usually lasts 45-60 min range then might go play some basketball but nothing to strenuous just shoot around to kinda winde down
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 06:10 AM

Quote:
I dont think its overrated, its by far the toughest thing I have done. No matter what you do your training in pain, i trained with 2 blown shoulders . In MA you learn basics of fighting styles not in depth. I train like this cus im turning pro in may.
Difference of opinions on the overrated aspect. As to your claim of learning the basics of fighting styles, I'll agree with you that some/most schools are that way. The school I attended was not when I initially signed up. It later became that way when it switched to a sporting school focusing on tournaments and not fighting and self defense. Thus, one of the reasons I left.

Best to you on turning pro though.

Quote:
His workout style is more of a bodybuilder's workout. He should drop that and go with more of a compounds only workout comprised mostly of the big three with Oly lifts. Very few isolation lifts. I had the most positive results ever when my coach switched me to this style of training.

Quote:
Want to gain muscle and lose weight at the same time? Reevaluate your diet and switch to the kind of workout hellbound and I are talking about. Especially if you're talking about for trackdays/racing. You need to train your body as a whole so you can whip that bike around and control it with your whole body. Perfect control comes from also using your legs, not just upper body. You can't correctly utilize your body as a whole if you're training it in splits and smaller muscle groups.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 04:57 AM

this isnt much of a log when you havent updated it in 3 days :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode