Other Rides Rides other than motorcycles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

Input by painters and anyone on new front lip.

Ok I just ordered this exact same lip.. Its the two peices as in th epicture but the one I got is Carbon Fiber. Now I would just leave it bare carbon fiber but I think it takes away from the clean look .. My car is sebring silver really light silver. and I dont plan on getting a cf hood so I'd like to somehow paint a portion of these so they are silver and match the car but still leave some of the CF showing... I think its a shame to paint over all of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

So what im asking is its kinda obvious the two areas I could leave clear of paint..

which do you think would look nicer? the outter portion left CF or the innner toward the car.. IM leaning toward the outer left CF..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

Oh and how hard would it be for a painter to do that? can they jsut mask it off and paint? or is it going to be difficult?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 04:19 PM
FAsT BOYS

i just talked to a dude i know who paints he said its like painting fiberglass. he said tthere is a stuff called bulldog which helps the paint stick and it also helps it flex
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 04:26 PM
just a user

Send a message via MSN to korrupt1 Send a message via Yahoo to korrupt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snair
i just talked to a dude i know who paints he said its like painting fiberglass. he said tthere is a stuff called bulldog which helps the paint stick and it also helps it flex
yea....its a flexing agent. pretty much the same concept as painting a bike. Im lucky that was my dad was a painter back in the day. In fact there isnt much my dad didnt do concerning cars and bikes and such.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 04:42 PM
we meat again

Leave it bare carbon fiber for a more aggressive look...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vis-honda-s2000-00hds2k2dtnr-011c_873.jpg (55.2 KB, 75 views)

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
stone=ricer LOL :corn

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 04:54 PM
we meat again

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
stone=ricer LOL :corn
As long as he don't put some stupid stickers and stuff... then it's ain't a ricer...

¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Mummy Man

appearance mods before performance mods...hmm...i think open cf would like a total ricer. if he paints most of it to match the car that's not. but open cf on a car that nice just looks like you're competing with civics lol just my honest opinion

paint it all gray except "stone fitness" about 1.5" high and 10 long somewhere on the lip. so you really gotta look to see it

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 05:02 PM
we meat again

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
appearance mods before performance mods...hmm...i think open cf would like a total ricer. if he paints most of it to match the car that's not. but open cf on a car that nice just looks like you're competing with civics lol just my honest opinion

paint it all gray except "stone fitness" about 1.5" high and 10 long somewhere on the lip. so you really gotta look to see it
So people with CF fender and hugger is a ricer too? :

But true, appearance mods before performance ones is very rice... :

He should of bought a lip like this... something that works... yes there are some good racing lips that does actually works...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rmracing06_144.jpg (33.7 KB, 69 views)

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

Intake and exhaust are in the mail jerk corey.

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

gotta have bling with the zing.

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

Val I wanted a C-west bumper with a CF splitter and Cannards but $1750 for a bumper on a machine that will never be 20% as fast as my gixxer I think is sort of pointless. I admit im going for a cleaner look with minimal performance mods.

I put better springs on, intake is on the way, catback exhaust. then CF mirrors I want when I get back in town. haha and want a new spoiler. the M style it just sort of goes straight back. not up at all. Then im done.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 08:08 PM
we meat again

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcmuffinboi
Val I wanted a C-west bumper with a CF splitter and Cannards but $1750 for a bumper on a machine that will never be 20% as fast as my gixxer I think is sort of pointless. I admit im going for a cleaner look with minimal performance mods.

I put better springs on, intake is on the way, catback exhaust. then CF mirrors I want when I get back in town. haha and want a new spoiler. the M style it just sort of goes straight back. not up at all. Then im done.
Well, for me, a cleaner looking mods is not a rice as long as you don't put any dumb stickers with parts that you don't even have or any rediculous non-functional body kit and wings...

Anyway, just don't over do it and it's all good...

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 08:11 PM
FAsT BOYS

hey stone, did the springs settle?
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

lol yeah snair I'll take a picture there is only like a 1-2" gap from tire to fender.

That reminds me I have that thing for you on my table what are you doing tomorrow?

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Mummy Man

stone hope you aren't gonna be driving that in the winter. damn nice car man...

post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

Im looking for an old civic or something to drive normally. Im going to look at a ford ranger today too. its fun on the wet road though gets LOOOSE!

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 01:44 PM
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcmuffinboi
lol yeah snair I'll take a picture there is only like a 1-2" gap from tire to fender.

That reminds me I have that thing for you on my table what are you doing tomorrow?
im at work till 2200
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Anonymous

Im scared to go to your work.. You guys will lock me up!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode