Other Rides Rides other than motorcycles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

How Illegal would it be....

To buy a Nissan Skyline and a wrecked (but clear title) nissan 240sx. and mount the 240sx's VIN on the skyline?

Extremely, Pound me in teh ass illegal or just Fined illegal? Not like any cop would know.... If they ran the Vin it would come upw ith Nissan blah blah car color etc etc right??

Haha I'm probably Just getting a 240sx but there is a Skyline that is SWEEETTTT for a similar price for sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 05:21 AM
Ta Moko

Sounds like fraud to me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

Fruad... pish posh.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 06:58 AM
What's that smell?

Chances are if they did find out, they would impound the car, verify its not stolen, then crush it. You would probably only get a fine.

05 R1 The fast one- Raven
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 11:35 AM
der Ubermember

Send a message via AIM to R1Budha Send a message via MSN to R1Budha Send a message via Yahoo to R1Budha
actually, if it is a car that isn't imported into the united states.
it's very illegal.
like go to prison illegal.
however, if you import it, make the necessary changes to meet emmission and dot guidelines, then it is a greymarket car and you can get away with it without changing the vin at all.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 12:23 PM
we meat again

Actually, Motorex in the US has legal imported Skylines for sale, they can get you new or used ones... but of course, if you go through them, the price is much higher, cause there will be an extra fee for them to convert the car to become legal in the States... check their price list on the site...

About putting a 240sx VIN on a Skyline, you might can get away with it, however I wouldn't risk it though, first of all, if it's a R33 or R34, then I can tell you this car catches a lot of attention, and if a police or something run through a detail check, then you're screwed...

:corn

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

Just asking... Saw my first skyline and they are soo cool! such a bummer we have a limited supply of japanese sports cars... I was just going to get a civic or integra gsr but I REALLy want RWD...

OH well im in no hurry. Looking for a 240sx, Lexus SC300 or maybe even another s2000 if it happens along and is a good price.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 05:09 AM
we meat again

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcmuffinboi
Just asking... Saw my first skyline and they are soo cool! such a bummer we have a limited supply of japanese sports cars... I was just going to get a civic or integra gsr but I REALLy want RWD...

OH well im in no hurry. Looking for a 240sx, Lexus SC300 or maybe even another s2000 if it happens along and is a good price.
Shop around, I think you can actually find some imported R32 GT-R in North America for pretty good price... cause my friend is looking for one and he said he can get one for under $20K CAD... which it's not bad at all...

Don't get a North America version of 240sx, you won't be happy even if it's RWD, that car is so under power it's not even funny, I drove it and it's so disappointing, a stock Integra GS-R would kill it... if you can import a S15, then it's a different story, but then you might as well just import a Skyline...

For the price of a SC300 or S2000, why don't you look at RX-7 TT or Supra TT? But I think you'll be happier in a Supra since you're a big guy, personally I like the RX-7 more, very fun car to drive... but I can tell you it's not very roomy inside though...

:corn

¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

If I bought a 240sx I would put an RB26DEtt motor in it from a skyline.
SC's are CHEAP. Im looking at a local SC400 wth 70k on it $5200.

The reason im being goofy is my driving record is F'ed and if I just got a loan for say $15k and got a decent RX-7 or Supra I'd probably be paying $400 a month insurance. (the S2000 hit $325 when they caught wind of the following too close ticket)
SOOOOO I need to find something I can buy outright then just pay liability insurance on it until the heat from insurance settles. See if I had a decent driving record would have just kept the S2000 and bought an SUV... but with my insurance I had to ditch the sports car.

Lame lame lame. I need to get married for the insurance benefits.

Last edited by STONE; 12-18-2005 at 05:59 AM.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 06:02 AM
we meat again

Quote:
If I bought a 240sx I would put an RB26DEtt motor in it from a skyline.
SC's are CHEAP. Im looking at a local SC400 wth 70k on it $5200.

The reason im being goofy is my driving record is F'ed and if I just got a loan for say $15k and got a decent RX-7 or Supra I'd probably be paying $400 a month insurance. (the S2000 hit $325 when they caught wind of the following too close ticket)
SOOOOO I need to find something I can buy outright then just pay liability insurance on it until the heat from insurance settles. See if I had a decent driving record would have just kept the S2000 and bought an SUV... but with my insurance I had to ditch the sports car.

Lame lame lame. I need to get married for the insurance benefits.
Damn... used SC400 are that cheap now? That's really cheap for a SC...

The car is 1993 or 1994, right?

Insurance is still that expensice even for a 1994/5 RX-7 or Supra? Don't forget that's like 10 years old though... your S2000 is much newer than that...

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 10:40 AM
just a user

Send a message via MSN to korrupt1 Send a message via Yahoo to korrupt1
if you get a TT Supra (which are some damn nice cars) first thig to do...dith the twins....get a single turbo....more power is availiable...unless you have so much spare $$ that you can do 2 huge turbos..but that takes a lot of room and generates ALOT of heat.

300z's I would stray away from.....they are still running a premium buck out here

as far as getting a skyline or a silva and then shipping and attaching a VIN# from a 240....very illegal
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

Korrupt yeah dude this is a good deal its a 1995 and the guy seems desperate. BUT I haven't seen the car yet so we'll see.. He says the only thing wrong is a rip in the rear interior and a nickel size paint chip... it would be a fun car.. They accept A LOT of supra parts like suspension, motors, seats so thats a plus as they are easy to come by..

But who knows we'll see.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

as far as insurance... yeah ANYTHING 2 door is bad boogie for me... a 1994 civic hatchback was $700 every 6 months for me... Talk about lame.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 05:04 PM
What's that smell?

Quote:
as far as insurance... yeah ANYTHING 2 door is bad boogie for me... a 1994 civic hatchback was $700 every 6 months for me... Talk about lame.
Wow! Expensive! I have an 03 Cobra and only pay $283 every six months for full coverage. Two speeding tickets to boot!

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 07:12 PM
I am not Loved :(

Send a message via MSN to 04stangman
Sounds like jail time to me!
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 07:57 PM
meat popsicle

sounds like freud to me, you have an oedipus complex
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

Mike who do you go through? I have USAA they used to be awesome... $800 a year for my tahoe and hayabusa when I was 21 but 3 tickets and im getting raped.

Dao shush this thing needs a spell checker..

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 09:45 AM
we meat again

Quote:
Then sell your S2000 and find a decent STi or Evo 7, 8, or 9... those will eat the RX-7 and Supra all-year-around...

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 08:38 PM
What's that smell?

Quote:
Mike who do you go through? I have USAA they used to be awesome... $800 a year for my tahoe and hayabusa when I was 21 but 3 tickets and im getting raped.
I use State Farm. The $283 includes a discount for accident free, multi-car, and multi-line and married over 25. My R1 is $360 per year for full coverage. I'll never use anyone but State Farm.

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
budha is right...if you do that then import it you would be in DEEP SHIT. import it and do that, then not a biggy...getting it imported is the hard part. that's why you're better off going through motorex like val said

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode