Other Rides Rides other than motorcycles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

06 Ridgeline RT

Holy shit guys....
Just got one. 0 down. 35 month lease 299 per month with tax.

I cannot believe how sound of a car it is. It various drive control systems, etc... I have only seen on MB, BMW. If I was GM, or even Yoyota for that matter I would be tripping. We shopped around looked at Toyota, then went to go see the Element. One test drive in the Ridgeline we got it. Best 'real world' truck I have ever driven. The hard part is getting my girl to let me roll it...lol

My mods are ghey...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Ask the Chief

congrats!

....and pics when you get a chance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
congrats!

....and pics when you get a chance!
:imwst

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 11:05 AM
No Crying Allowed

Pics Foo.................

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
I'm going to get flamed for this but, you say best real world truck. The Ridgeline is small SUV with the smallest truck box I ever seen. You can carry some small items and nothing more. I wonder what the towing limit is? Anyways congrats on your new vehicle.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 12:11 PM

Its front wheel drive until it detects slippage. Tow cap is something like 4k. And the tow pack is a dealer only installed option.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 08:41 AM
meat popsicle

nice car for sure, just don't try to use it for serious off-roading, some owners are getting bending of the unibody after fairly light off road excursions, heres the link

http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=637790

Last edited by daotan; 05-12-2006 at 10:04 AM.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 12:22 PM
No Crying Allowed

I see now, that's the wannabe avalanche

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 01:39 PM
meat popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
I see now, that's the wannabe avalanche
wow, i thought the avalanche was body/frame
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 01:40 PM

It is
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 02:28 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoTan
wow, i thought the avalanche was body/frame
Yes it is, I have one, I was being a smartass..... WhenI first saw that Honda thing............ it looked like they were trying to copy the Avalanche but in a smaller version.

The avalanche is the best truck I have owned overall. The only drawback in the weight capacity for hauling things in the bed. I had to buy a trailer for the heavy stuff after buying the Avalanche. Come to find out it's much easier to haul things on a trailer anyway.

I love it and will replace it with a new one soon. :

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 02:32 PM
meat popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
Yes it is, I have one, I was being a smartass..... WhenI first saw that Honda thing............ it looked like they were trying to copy the Avalanche but in a smaller version.

The avalanche is the best truck I have owned overall. The only drawback in the weight capacity for hauling things in the bed. I had to buy a trailer for the heavy stuff after buying the Avalanche. Come to find out it's much easier to haul things on a trailer anyway.

I love it and will replace it with a new one soon. :
the new ones without the platic cladding are badassit
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 02:44 PM

R1 wait a year or so and the 6 speed will be availible. The new Escalades have it now.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 06:14 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGULA
R1 wait a year or so and the 6 speed will be available. The new Escalades have it now.
Yes, it's coming in the 07 model, also available with Diesel if they can keep up with the demand of them. The 07 model will have the same style as the new Tahoe and Escalade. The new Tahoe motor has some minor issues though, so I may wait for 08 to see if they correct them or work out the details.

I just purchased the extended warranty on my 03, so I'm good for another three years. I doubt I can wait that long though... lol

|
|
|
|
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 08:47 PM

No 4wd low range. Looks like agood street SUV/truck though!
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga
I'm going to get flamed for this but, you say best real world truck. The Ridgeline is small SUV with the smallest truck box I ever seen. You can carry some small items and nothing more. I wonder what the towing limit is? Anyways congrats on your new vehicle.
Yep I said real world. I lived in the continental divide, and in the Sierras for the last 16 years. This truck would exceed all my needs. Towing sleds, driving on shit icy roads on the east shore (of Tahoe), any of it I would do it in this rig.
Tow rating is for 5000lbs. Hitch is bolt on; easy. Everything is prewired. Another note, Im not towing anything. Will take two street bikes tight, 2 MX bikes easy. Has laocked trunk under bed.
Has differential lock standard. Is front wheel drive, only time I notice is mid corner if I de-throttle, car slightly pushes.
Utilizes drive by wire throttle. VTec valve train for pretty decent gas milage, even now with summer blend fuel
For my 'real world' needs, Im surfing, my bikes, my girls 4 year old, and for the deal I got her not a better buy out there.
Recently went camping in Baja with it. I was sold after driving it on the sand. No it is not a 4x4 like the ones I am familiar with as I lived near the Rubicon trail but that is SO far from what I need. With the diff lock thing crawled everywhere and anywhere.
One last thing, car has more electronics then the last MB and BWW I owned, standard. First truck to get a 5 star crash rating. 8 air bags. Really what I want my women in.
Engine is torquey and pretty strong despite 4000 curb weight. Tranny is smooth, but I find the torque converter weird, which is really the only negative thing in the car.

We looked at Toyota, Ford, other Honda, Nissan. When the numbers came back, value to value, dollar to dollar.

There is no need for a low range as the Diff locks works in a gears.

Went with the 'billet silver' color way.

I am a sick bastard. I am going to Goodridge next week to get steel braided lines made for it as none are spec for it yet. Funny thing I did this for my Vehicross too, and paid 50% off becaus emy car was the fitment model. New Optima yellow top. 3M clear front/rear bumpers. Already mod'ing it. help me....

Obviously I am hype about this car we bought it. But the car won me over after driving it. I spent a week digesting the cars with my girl. Following that we got focused on the numbers. Unlike the Element, xTerras, they all had ridiculous (bad) incentives. This one with my girls strong credit made it a no brainer.

As my girl was interested in the Element, that is why we checked out the Ridgeline. No comparison between the two.

Ill post some pics later

My mods are ghey...

Last edited by xdonniedarkox; 05-15-2006 at 02:23 AM.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Random Sample

Congrats on the ride D.. I need pics though.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Whats up Statik!!?
Pics later today...

I think you requested something like this-
http://homepage.mac.com/dylanfarr/

My mods are ghey...
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Random Sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdonniedarkox
Whats up Statik!!?
Pics later today...

I think you requested something like this-
http://homepage.mac.com/dylanfarr/
That's exactly what I wanted... except, now i wanted pics of the ridgeline too! hahahaha!!

Is that you gettin barreled in o-side? and I just noticed you new sig..
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Yes seconds before getting the door shut on me.... well worth it though.

I will take better pics too...
thanks homey-
D

My mods are ghey...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode