Other Rides Rides other than motorcycles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

92 Vette

I took my car into the shop a couple weeks ago for a transmission leak.

Long story short and about 10 days later...

New transmission front seal
New front engine seals for old oil leak... leaks drive me crazy!
New Shock adjustment module
New CPU - Main computer - On back order until Sept

anyway I picked her up yesterday and decided to drive her for a week or so everyday to make sure everything is fine... I went to pickup dinner tonight and I smelled smoke. I looked when I got home, yep both an oil leak and a transmission leak... I'm so pissed I could kick him in the nuts.

I will take it back tomorrow and give him a little piece of my mind. bastards..............................

Just had to vent.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
You think about maybe having an impartial mechanic looking it over to verify the "new" leaks so you have more ammo when you go back?

Sucks to hear...I hate car trouble...

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
brother had the same problem after letting his Firehawk sit for a while... seals start to break down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound
brother had the same problem after letting his Firehawk sit for a while... seals start to break down.
Yes, that is the issue, but after you replce all the seals it shoudl not leak.... lol

They guy is a great guy and will stand behine it for sure.... it's just a pain in the arse to deal with it. dropping it off, picking it up......

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast
You think about maybe having an impartial mechanic looking it over to verify the "new" leaks so you have more ammo when you go back?

Sucks to hear...I hate car trouble...

Well he replaced all the seals and gaskets on the front of the motor including the pan gasket..... It's now leakign from the front in the same place he was working on it. so it's a no brainer.

As for the transmission leak, it's not leaking from the pan..... he had that off too. So I don't think it's an issue of where it's leaking, but you never know what he will say.

Oh ya, we even replaced the water pump while we where in there, had a bad bearing (from sitting too)

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
it kept leaking after lol... but it was only his oil filter which they had to replace 2x before it stopped leaking.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Dirt Rider :)

i feel your pain, my car sits in the shop for like 3 days, I have electrical problems i melted some things doing 150 km/h guess that speed is really too much for my Punto. So first they thought it was a speed sensor, they changed it and still sth was fucked up. Now they found sth new next to the transmision and i''m picking it up today and it should be fine
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 07:46 AM

that sux.....welcome to my life....even older vettes are more of a bitch
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 07:47 AM
7c Forever

lol, that sucks stormy, but atleast you had the punto sorta wound out. Good that you're gaining some confidence.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 12:35 AM

the car is fine works like a dream
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 06:46 AM
7c Forever

lol, good dude, that's what I like to hear.

Howcome you're never in chat anymore?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 07:43 AM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
no shit storm. you too good for us?
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 12:23 PM

I work a lot hardly have time for breakfast and come home late and tired
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Turns out the hammered a seal in the timing chain cover for the duraspark. They changed it and now it's still seeping from the balancer seal now.... They are keeping it over the weekend...

Of well, it's too hot here for the convertible anyway....

|
|
|
|
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Rookie again

You could always have my luck and have your truck in the shop having the tranny rebuilt for the tune of somewhere between $1300 and $1800 bucks. It's been there for 2 weeks now. Ram power my ass......LOL.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsR1
You could always have my luck and have your truck in the shop having the tranny rebuilt for the tune of somewhere between $1300 and $1800 bucks. It's been there for 2 weeks now. Ram power my ass......LOL.

That's not too bad.... My total bill was about 2000.00

|
|
|
|
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Rookie again

Oh NOOOOOOO. Don't swear at me like that!!!

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
Of well, it's too hot here for the convertible anyway....
Do what the idiot Floridians do.....keep the top down and the A/C cranked as high as it will go.... :

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast
Do what the idiot Floridians do.....keep the top down and the A/C cranked as high as it will go.... :

lol, I do that too when it's under 85 or so..... but today at 111 I don't even go outside unless I have to.

I hate hot weather, well at least this hot anyway.

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode