Other Rides Rides other than motorcycles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

Talking A $240,000 hatchback?!

Colin McRae R4 Car Debuts
Source: ColinMcRae.com | Published: July 11, 2006

The Colin McRae R4 Performance Car was unveiled last week at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. This new car is meant to be a true racer, suitable for rallying, rally cross, circuit racing and ice racing. Developed by 1995 World Rally Champion - Colin McRae, it will be available to customers in the first quarter of 2007.

“The Goodwood Festival of Speed is a paramount symbol of the passion for motor racing”, says Colin McRae, former Rally World Champion and the man behind this project. “I could not imagine a better stage for the first static display of a car which is being conceived exclusively for the pleasure of driving, to accommodate the wishes of professional and amateur drivers and to reignite the passion in motorsport fans around the world”.

The challenge of conceiving a new performance car from a blank sheet of paper started in January 2005, when Colin first imagined building a car that would incorporate the facets able to excite both the driver and the spectator. Six months later the project was launched and by the end of 2005, after much background research and planning, the final specification of the car was finalized.

Today, Colin McRae and his team are proud to show to the world the prototype of their future car for the first time. The Colin McRae R4 will be completed in the forthcoming weeks and will undergo a test and development program between August and December of this year. One of Colin’s first objectives is to achieve the highest degree of reliability and to minimize the running costs in comparison to the modern WRCs. The commercialization of the car will start in early 2007.

Designed by Colin McRae and Dave Plant and built by DJM Race Preparation, the McRae R4’s chassis is based on a steel safety cage with carbon paneling front and rear and a steel-covered cockpit area. Suspension consists of twin wishbones with Proflex dampers. The body styling has been designed by Keith Burden and Tom Webster.

The engine is a normally-aspirated 4 cylinder, 2.5-liter Millington Diamond Engine producing 350 bhp. The transmission will be ensured by a six-speed gearbox, manual or semi-automatic, and by mechanical front and rear differentials with the option of mechanical or active central differential. The car can be produced in either 2 or 4 wheel drive formats.

The price tag of around $240,000 for the "base" model clearly indicates that the R4 was not made for the average enthusiast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 12:28 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I'll take 2....

""Batman returns voice"" does it come in black??

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn
I'll take 2....

""Batman returns voice"" does it come in black??

For you, only in pink...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Dirt Rider :)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg punto.jpg (82.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg punto1.jpg (93.6 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg punto2.jpg (75.3 KB, 57 views)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 10:33 AM

nice storm....but i don't think the 46 sticker bumps the price up that much
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Sweet ride Storm...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldscholVett&R1
nice storm....but i don't think the 46 sticker bumps the price up that much
yes it does :
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:41 AM

and the chrome pipe
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:48 AM

looks kinda like the smart car roadster

AFM #282
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 12:30 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray
looks kinda like the smart car roadster

saw one of those in ROME... pretty cool looking

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode