Other Rides Rides other than motorcycles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Trying to do my part for the economy.

Well, the wife and I were looking at cars. She told me she wanted to get an SUV. I thought it would be nice to have something kind of "sporty". So here is our compromise. Plus I wanted to buy American. 2007 Trailblazer SS. It has the GTO 6.0l V8, 400BHP 400lb ft., goes like hell. Haven't opened it up yet though. Gotta break it in right. I'll have some better pics later but I had to snap a quick one when I pulled into the garage.

:corn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00606 (Medium).JPG (60.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00607 (Medium).JPG (62.8 KB, 9 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 08:18 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Haven't opened it up yet though. Gotta break it in right.
well then you'd best get out there and flog the whore within an inch of her life

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 09:10 PM
No Crying Allowed

Very nice................

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 06:12 AM
I dont inhale

sweet good luck with it

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 11:43 AM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
very
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 12:12 PM

saw a Jeep srt8 today.
wow looks nice.
420hp. and Brembo brakes.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/jeep...chlanding.html

Cheers

S.Myers
85 & 88 GSXR 750
02 GSXR 1000

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 12:48 PM

Very nice!!!
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 05:59 PM

Awwwww Maaaaaan.... beat me to it. http://www.motomummy.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=19361

Hope you did your homework http://www.trailblazerss.com/forums/

Even with all it's flaws and glass tranny, I still want one. I'm waiting for the 08 to see if they change the tranny in it, if not i'll still buy one.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 08:00 AM
Random Sample

Very cool.. congrats

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMPILOT View Post
Hope you did your homework http://www.trailblazerss.com/forums/

Even with all it's flaws and glass tranny, I still want one. I'm waiting for the 08 to see if they change the tranny in it, if not i'll still buy one.
Hell it'll be under warranty the whole time I have it. Some one else will get the bills.

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Hell it'll be under warranty the whole time I have it. Some one else will get the bills.
Thats what everyone says. But when you have to visit the shop multiple times and leave it in the shop for long periods of time, then it gets to be a pain in the ass. From all the reading i did, first things to go are the tranny and the rear diff. If you have any questions, just ask me since i've been lurking on that forum for awhile now. Supercharger is only 6 grand and smog legal.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
well then you'd best get out there and flog the whore within an inch of her life
:imwst heat cycle it by the generous use of the loud pedal and copious long twisty burnouts just to help the rings settle in....:

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 08:25 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
:imwst heat cycle it by the generous use of the loud pedal and copious long twisty burnouts just to help the rings settle in....:
hehehehehe, why am I not surprised that you are familiar with the proper way to break in a motor.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 08:37 PM

Ha ha ha
and also don't forget the mechanically built in rev limiter of valve bounce.....joke..don't go there...

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 10:01 PM
7c Forever

valve bounce is a shitty place to be. This is one reason I like Toyota alot

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 10:05 PM

I actually like desmodronic (spelling?) for its pure mechanical application, metalurgy being the main restriction for RPM and valve life (read: valve stretch etc).

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 10:08 PM
7c Forever

yea, desmo is a sexy little system, works great on paper, until you take into account that metals can only take so much abuse before they become elastic.

I'm a big fan of pneumatic valve systems myself. For race/funtime applications that is. For a daily driver... gimme pushrods and an internal cam, anyday of the week.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 10:20 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
yea, desmo is a sexy little system, works great on paper, until you take into account that metals can only take so much abuse before they become elastic.

I'm a big fan of pneumatic valve systems myself. For race/funtime applications that is. For a daily driver... gimme pushrods and an internal cam, anyday of the week.
Exactly my point..pneumatic valving just opens a huge can of performance possiblities in the way of electronic camshaft profiles. Follow a few basic valve to valve & valve to piston clearance requirements on your particular setup, in conjunction with using a dyno you can could actually do an electronic camshaft profile change whilst the engine is running and see effects in real time.....awesome stuff

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 10:36 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
Exactly my point..pneumatic valving just opens a huge can of performance possiblities in the way of electronic camshaft profiles. Follow a few basic valve to valve & valve to piston clearance requirements on your particular setup, in conjunction with using a dyno you can could actually do an electronic camshaft profile change whilst the engine is running and see effects in real time.....awesome stuff
the sexiest part about it is the increased efficiency, throw your throttle body in the trash, run the straightest, smoothest intake you can... if you want the motor to idle, you run it at a cam profile where that's all the air that it wants to pull. Rather than running it at a profile where it's yanking back as much as as it possible can, then you're standing there with your throttle valve strangling it for all you're worth.

Get the pieces working together, not fighting each other.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 10:37 PM
7c Forever

wow, we hijacked this thread with some massive style...

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode