Other Rides Rides other than motorcycles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Chrysler announces lifetime powertrain warranty!

I hope others will follow suit......

Source

Quote:
Chrysler today leapfrogged every other car maker by extending its powertrain warranty on every new car and truck it sells to the life of the vehicle. The warranty will apply to the entire powertrain including the engine, transmission/transaxle, drive shafts, and axles. The new warranty goes into effect today, July 26, 2007 and applies to all new 2007s that are on the dealer lots as well as 2008 models.

The warranty covers all parts and labor as long as the owner brings the car in to a Chrysler dealer at least once every five years for a free powertrain inspection. Apparently, the only fly in the ointment is that the new warranty applies to the original owner and is not transferable. If the car is sold within the first three years, the warranty reverts to the previous 3 year/36,000 mile coverage for subsequent owners. The press release is after the jump.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 08:56 AM
7c Forever

ya, I saw that the other day, VERY cool. Possibly industry changing actually.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
That is good news for 2500 and 3500 truck owners, as U-Joints go ever 50,000kms

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 01:15 PM
7c Forever

yeep, but a U-joint is a $30 and 1/2 hour problem, and Chryco apparently don't want people to not buy a truck over something like that.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

I heard the diesels are exempt on this deal though....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 01:21 PM
7c Forever

that'd suck. Reality is tho that the old warranty wasn't exactly bad.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
yeep, but a U-joint is a $30 and 1/2 hour problem, and Chryco apparently don't want people to not buy a truck over something like that.

True however there are three on the front drive-shaft, which is a pain in the a** to change. So the dealer went ahead and just changed the whole thing.

$400 was the total warranty repair bill.

Also the front steering U-joints will take you a lot longer then 1/2hr to change.

And why are Diesels not included?, that does not make any sense, since the 2500 gas trucks are identical accept for the motor of course.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

I would think it has to do with the engine manufacture not playing along, but I'm not sure.

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 04:11 PM
7c Forever

well Cummins is owned by Ford, and I very much doubt Ford would be feeling like allowing Dodge to do something like that. Could be they offer like a "transmission and back" warranty, and Cummins offers a 10 year, million mile one on the side... which is what they offer in the big trucks I think.

and ya, front hub U-joints are a mothercunt, especially on a D60 with a full kingpin.

on the plusside.. you don't have to worry about balljoints

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Resident Redneck

^ Well now, that is funny, considering Ford runs International built Diesels in there trucks. And those diesel suck, I lost count on how many Ford trucks I have seen with the Cummins motors in them.

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 04:41 PM
7c Forever

lol, I saw one not long ago (ford with a cummins) and in the back window was a sticker "I'd rather be cummin than strokin'"

it's in the contract tho that Ford can't use the motor in their own trucks while they're supplying to Dodge.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
lol, I saw one not long ago (ford with a cummins) and in the back window was a sticker "I'd rather be cummin than strokin'"

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 05:32 PM
der Ubermember

Send a message via AIM to R1Budha Send a message via MSN to R1Budha Send a message via Yahoo to R1Budha
so what
most people wont last more than the 10 years by several other manufacturers.

and it doesnt cover a lot of vehicles
no srt vehicles
no diesels
etc

and its for the original owner only, so now they've basically screwed everyone who buys a used low mileage 3 year old vehicle as they now have NO warranty, even a pay for transfer one.

its marketing, plain and simple, and there are so many stipulations, (just like the others) that very few real changes are in effect.

btw, it wont cover u joints as those are considered wearable items and are to be replaced by the owner.
same as tires and brake pads under a bumper to bumper warranty.

having said all that, they probably needed to do it as there is so much backlash against their transmissions from the ram trucks in the mid-late 90's that it is most likely affecting sales.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Resident Redneck

^ Right now the U-joints are covered by powertrain.

I know as I had all seven of them replaced.

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 06:05 PM
7c Forever

7? is it IFS?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Resident Redneck

2 on the rear drive-shaft, 3 on the front, and one in each steering pivot.

Once the power-train is up @ 115, I will replace them with greasable joints.

IFS??

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 07:37 PM
der Ubermember

Send a message via AIM to R1Budha Send a message via MSN to R1Budha Send a message via Yahoo to R1Budha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
^ Right now the U-joints are covered by powertrain.

I know as I had all seven of them replaced.
the dealer fudged it then
which a good dealer should

and ifs is independant front suspension

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 07:38 PM
7c Forever

oh, fair enough, it's a double cardan on the front shaft.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 10:31 PM
we meat again

How do you give a lifetime warranty to something that doesn't last a lifetime?

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode