Other Rides Rides other than motorcycles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

2009 Nissan GT-R photos leaked

Well the Nissan GT-R wasn't supposed to debut until the Tokyo Motor Show in another week, but it looks like the press photos made their way into the wrong hands and showed up on the internet a week early.

Not bad: the all-wheel-drive 2009 GT-R will get a 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 that produces 473 horsepower and 434 pound-feet of torque. It'll drive all four wheels through a rear-mounted transaxle. The only transmission will be a GR6 dual-clutch six-speed automatic.

Nissan says the GT-R will accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds, finish the quarter-mile in 11.7 seconds and reach a top speed of 192 mph. Base price is expected to be less than $80,000.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=123047

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

Only offered with an automatic tranny? WTF?

Just call me Captain Crash...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

It's not really an A/T it's only offered with Paddle Shifters, but not like your typical A/T with paddles. It's a dual clutch (that's the automatic part) you have to shift like an F1 car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 03:35 PM
No Crying Allowed

80k for a nissan............. damn... much rather have the vette at that price...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 03:38 PM
7c Forever

it's a good successor to the old GTR, that Nissan V6 is pretty stout for abuse, altho not so stout for maintenance issues. Kinda backwards to most japanese motors.

for a certain kind of driver, that thing will be absolutly killer, especially at that price, it's a hell of a deal for what you're getting.

But give me old fashioned stick-shift and rear drive with a big torque monger naturally aspirated motor anyday... viper it is.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, the Z06 is nice, but you can't put the kids in the back seat and outrun a Porsche 911 Turbo... Or drive in the snow with all wheel drive like you could in the GT-R.

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 03:51 PM
we meat again

Very similar to the last prototype... nice!

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by double_D View Post
It's not really an A/T it's only offered with Paddle Shifters, but not like your typical A/T with paddles. It's a dual clutch (that's the automatic part) you have to shift like an F1 car.
Gotcha. I want one.

Just call me Captain Crash...

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 03:58 PM

i'd at least want the option for a 6sp M/T rather than be required to have 1 w/ "flappy paddle" gearshift

AFM #282
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 04:44 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by double_D View Post
Yeah, the Z06 is nice, but you can't put the kids in the back seat and outrun a Porsche 911 Turbo... Or drive in the snow with all wheel drive like you could in the GT-R.
you won't be driving in the snow with the powerband that thing has.

Not twice anyways, lest your name be Marcus Gronholm.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Nice, I'm a member of a GT-R forum, very nice to see some piccys of the real McCoy

And I'd own one in an instant

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 11:57 PM
Random Sample

I've seen plenty of pics of the tail.. I had so many hopes for the front. I'm a little let down by the front end clip. The rest of the body lines are sexy. I'd take one, tho

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 07:05 AM

old style looks better
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
I love the looks, but would take a z06 any day of the week over that...

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 01:20 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statik View Post
I've seen plenty of pics of the tail.. I had so many hopes for the front. I'm a little let down by the front end clip. The rest of the body lines are sexy. I'd take one, tho

Statik, did you notice the side view, the turret looks very Koenigsegg CCR/CC8S/CCX type styling...hmmmm?

post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 02:06 AM

Talking

If I had the money I would get one.

This version (modded to the extreme) was up for sale for USD$140,000 and I know I know a lot of people will say I can get something better, but these are awesome cars

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 03:05 AM
we meat again

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
i'd at least want the option for a 6sp M/T rather than be required to have 1 w/ "flappy paddle" gearshift
Nice avatar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
If I had the money I would get one.

This version (modded to the extreme) was up for sale for USD$140,000 and I know I know a lot of people will say I can get something better, but these are awesome cars
You need to check out this Mines R34 GT-R...

http://rapidshare.com/files/64557846...yline.rar.html

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Random Sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
Statik, did you notice the side view, the turret looks very Koenigsegg CCR/CC8S/CCX type styling...hmmmm?
ah yea, I see what you're talkin about.

I like almost all things Nagata, and Mine's is bad ass for sure, but my favorite R34 is the Nagasaki Auto Skyline.

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 09:25 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
80K... holy shit thats a lot of mulla

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

GT-R Released at Tokyo Motor Show

Well the new GT-R debuted at the Tokyo Motor late last night.

Here's the specs:
• VR-series twin-turbocharged 3.8-liter V6.
• 480 hp @ 6,800 rpm. 430 lb-ft torque @ 3,200–5,200 rpm.
• ATTESA ET-S All-Wheel Drive (AWD) with independent rear-mounted transaxle integrating transmission, differential and AWD transfer case.
• Rigid, lightweight carbon-composite driveshaft between engine and transaxle.
• Electronic traction control plus 1.5-way mechanically locking rear differential.
• Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC-R) with three driver-selectable settings: Normal (for daily driving, controls brakes and engine output), R-Mode (for ultimate performance, utilizes AWD torque distribution for additional vehicle stability) and Off (driver does not want the help of the system).
• 6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission with three driver-selectable modes: Normal (for maximum smoothness and efficiency), Snow (for gentler starting and shifting on slippery surfaces), and R mode (for maximum performance with fastest shifts).
• Dual clutch design changes gears in less than 0.5 second (0.2 second in R mode).
• 20 x 9.5" (front) and 20 x 10.5" (rear) super-lightweight forged-aluminum wheels with Gunmetal Gray finish.
• Exclusively developed nitrogen-filled Bridgestone® RE070A high-capacity run-flat summer tires, 255/40R20 front and 285/35R20 rear.
• Brembo® 4-wheel disc brakes with 4-wheel Antilock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and Preview Braking.
• Two-piece floating-rotor 15-inch front and rear discs with diamond-pattern internal ventilation.
• 6-piston front/4-piston rear monoblock calipers.

Prices not announced for US, but expect to start seeing them around June of 2008 at a little less than $80K.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode