Gamerz For the posting of Games reviews and discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Question Hmm will this computer run Doom3 & HALO3

Not sure if its up to the task....:

http://www.top500.org/lists/2006/06

Spoiler:
The No. 1 position was again claimed by the BlueGene/L System, a joint development of IBM and DOE’s National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and installed at DOE’s Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, Calif. BlueGene/L also occupied the No. 1 position on the last three TOP500 lists. It has reached a Linpack benchmark performance of 280.6 TFlop/s (“teraflops” or trillions of calculations per second) and still remains the only system ever to exceed the level of 100 TFlop/s. This system is expected to remain the No. 1 Supercomputer in the world for the next few editions of the TOP500 list.
Spoiler:
Blue Gene The world's fastest computer (getting close to petaflop speed) is IBM's Blue Gene with a top speed of 360 trillion operations a second.

IBM and its petaflop partners are exploring a growing list of applications including hydrodynamics, molecular dynamics, quantum chemistry, climate modeling and financial modeling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 07:29 AM

Probably not, its most likely use is to help our government build a better computer to keep track of our phone calls.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 10:19 AM

or more efficiently model and compute the track of hurricanes and other severe weather phenomenon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

You guys spoil all my fun....ha ha ha

I seem to remember somewhere years ago of a computer built for the airforce to theoretically simulate prototype nuclear devices....I think it was IBM

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
You guys spoil all my fun....ha ha ha

I seem to remember somewhere years ago of a computer built for the airforce to theoretically simulate prototype nuclear devices....I think it was IBM
actually it was to simulate the propagation of radioactive fallout from nuclear blasts as it applied to the pilots who delivered those payloads.

also it figured wind delivery and wind propagation of nuclear accidents like chernobyl.

:
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha View Post
actually it was to simulate the propagation of radioactive fallout from nuclear blasts as it applied to the pilots who delivered those payloads.

also it figured wind delivery and wind propagation of nuclear accidents like chernobyl.

:
Thanks, I remember reading about it years ago, just not exactly what it did..thanks for the update....still interesting stuff to say the least

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
Thanks, I remember reading about it years ago, just not exactly what it did..thanks for the update....still interesting stuff to say the least
yeah, they are the ones who provide all that data to places like National Geographic including the "pictures"
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 10:55 AM

And just think all on a computer that wasn't as powerfull as the one that I have now that can't even run internet explorer without locking up over some stupid javascript.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpntpool View Post
And just think all on a computer that wasn't as powerfull as the one that I have now that can't even run internet explorer without locking up over some stupid javascript.
firefox!

actually its probably bad coding so it wouldn't matter anyways
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 01:23 PM

You better watch it or I will get someone set us up da bomb!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hackerbomb.jpg (207.0 KB, 6 views)
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 01:36 PM
7c Forever

Lmao!

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 02:27 PM

Quote:
You better watch it or I will get someone set us up da bomb!
only if it has Sony batteries in it.....

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Linpack benchmark performance of 280.6 TFlop/s (“teraflops” or trillions of calculations per second) and still remains the only system ever to exceed the level of 100 TFlop/s.

Is that any faster then my 1.8 ghz 64bit HP?

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:07 PM

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

I don't think the Nodes have enough memory

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode