Gamerz For the posting of Games reviews and discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Wee ordered my PS3

Gamestop and EB took limited pre-orders on PS3's starting this morning. Store here is getting 16 of them. I felt like such a nerd when I pulled up before the store opened and there were 10 other people standing outside. Supposedly, there are gonna be less PS3's at launch than 360's... so hopefully on Nov. 17th I can Ebay that bitch and make some $$!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 09:09 AM

How much? :corn
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
How much? :corn
Just put $100 down and the other $500 when I pick it up. I'd like to at the very least double my money. Hoping to get in the $1500-$1800 range... we'll see tho

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 09:17 AM

Damn... $600 for a console... they're getting more and more expensive...
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Yeah it's retarded I think... I'm sure I'll eventually get one to keep lol

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickpitt View Post
Yeah it's retarded I think... I'm sure I'll eventually get one to keep lol
For $600, is that just the console? Or it's some kind of "premium" package that comes with games and stuff?
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
For $600, is that just the console? Or it's some kind of "premium" package that comes with games and stuff?
No games. It is the "premium" version.. has a 60 gig hard drive... WiFi and Bluetooth... and a Blueray DVD player. There is a lesser version that has a 20gig HD, but it's still $500.

I did read a study a while back on the pricing of systems, and with inflation calculated it's still kinda pricey, but not as bad as it looks... at least IMO.

Yay I found it.
Here's what previous systems would have cost if they were released today, givin inflation calculations:

Atari VCS(1977) - $672
Mattel Intellivision(1979) - $838 (never heard of this)
NES with Robot(1985) - $471
NES(9185) - $376
Sega Master System(1986) - $369
Sega Genesis(1989) - $328
Neo Geo(1990) - $1,012
SNES(1991) - $297
3DO(1993) - $986
Sega Saturn(1995) - $533
PS1(1995) - $399

The rest are all pretty close to what they actually sold for new.

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 11:02 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
It's Called Prestige Pricing you make your products seem superior becuase they are expensive.. it's a marketing trick.

BUT!!!!!!!!!!

Since it is also a Blue Ray DVD player it's prolly going to be the cheapest one out there when they start releasing more of them.. so It's worth it if you want to be on the cutting edge of technology.. but this is also a HUGE gamble by Sony too..

Prolly gonna grap one for myself too and Ebay that bitch I need da money!!!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 11:08 AM

Ordering myself one too...but I'm getting it for the blu-ray. I have a pS2 now that I played maybe ahhhh...10 times ?
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 02:06 PM

You can already get blu-ray players and recorders, and Best buy even carries the recordable discs online....

thats a silly reason to buy this.....

and for that much money, i'd just get a computer and have more use out of it.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha View Post

Actually I get enough out of this thing I'd like to build a new computer

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 03:06 PM

http://www.system-cfg.com/pages/matt...llivision.html

It had the numpad that you could put cards in...
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
personally i hate when people reserve it and go on ebay and sale it 2x as much. I wont do anything like that.. I am a big gaming fan and when the 360 launched it pissed me off how half of these people were buying them and throwing them on ebay, ruining the launch experience for others. IF your going to reserve it, keep it. dont ruin the experience for others.

As for the system, i wont buy it till it drops in price.. My 360 does everything i need. It also shares basicly the same graphics.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpntpool View Post
http://www.system-cfg.com/pages/matt...llivision.html

It had the numpad that you could put cards in...
I had one....

it rocked over the Atari when it came to gameplay and graphics....
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
personally i hate when people reserve it and go on ebay and sale it 2x as much. I wont do anything like that.. I am a big gaming fan and when the 360 launched it pissed me off how half of these people were buying them and throwing them on ebay, ruining the launch experience for others. IF your going to reserve it, keep it. dont ruin the experience for others.

As for the system, i wont buy it till it drops in price.. My 360 does everything i need. It also shares basicly the same graphics.
lol are you kidding me? Ruin the "launch experience?" Supply and demand my man! If someone has a pocket deep enough and wants it bad enough why not make a lil extra cash for myself when I could use it? It's not like I'm running around some poor country with starving people buying up all the food and selling it at a higher price... lol it's just a game console

post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 07:08 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post

You should really be pissed at the Companies for doing "Limited Releases" to create this kind of demand for them... They CAN make enough to fill need they just do this for bullshit reasons..

I

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Faster and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post
You should really be pissed at the Companies for doing "Limited Releases" to create this kind of demand for them... They CAN make enough to fill need they just do this for bullshit reasons..

I
well its harder to do this now... since they started doing world wide releases. Back in the day Japan would get the playstation a year ahead. Also the low numbers of Ps3 is becuz they have had problems with the bluray... they been having all kinds of problems with their bluray this year.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Faster and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickpitt View Post
lol are you kidding me? Ruin the "launch experience?" Supply and demand my man! If someone has a pocket deep enough and wants it bad enough why not make a lil extra cash for myself when I could use it? It's not like I'm running around some poor country with starving people buying up all the food and selling it at a higher price... lol it's just a game console
hhahahaha thats why we always blast them fools with waterballons that are waiting for them
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha View Post
You can already get blu-ray players and recorders, and Best buy even carries the recordable discs online....

thats a silly reason to buy this.....

The blu-ray players all hover around the 1000$ mark. So why am I silly in getting one that is 400$ cheaper, and plays games too ?

And I already have a bunch of computers and no, I don't want them in my living room.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Faster and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04R1Belgium View Post
The blu-ray players all hover around the 1000$ mark. So why am I silly in getting one that is 400$ cheaper, and plays games too ?

And I already have a bunch of computers and no, I don't want them in my living room.
wait 6 months and they will be over half price off

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode